Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
anam1985

Education and culture DG Empty Education and culture DG

Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:57 pm
Hi!
Any news about this DG? Have you had interviews ar received emails for EAC DG?

Thanks
Riga

Education and culture DG Empty Re: Education and culture DG

Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:32 pm
Had a phone interview with them today, B2 (I think - I was too nervous).
Francy_87

Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:44 am
Nothing so far!
anam1985

Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:12 pm
Riga, do you have any experience with Leonardo da Vinci and Grundtvig programs?
I only know that the erasmus unit doesn't take trainees.
Thanks
Riga

Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:43 pm
anam1985, no, I don't have any da Vinci/Grundtvig experience, but I'm working with Comenius and eTwinning projects now, as well as have my own Erasmus and Campus Europae experience.
It's a shame Erasmus unit isn't taking anyone, I would have loved to work with them, especially in the light of Erasmus+. What's your preference? Have you had any calls/mails?
andradaiulia

Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:00 pm
I just got this reply from the EAC DG (I lobbied last week to some units, but the reply came from their unit of human resources).

I thank you for the interest that you have shown in the Directorate-General for Education and Culture (DG EAC).

It is not necessary to send your cv again to DG EAC since all the relevant information you mentioned in your application form figures in the "Virtual Blue Book" and is available to the people responsible for the trainee's selection (except all personal details).

In agreement with the Traineeships Office's policy and in order to respect equal treatment of candidates, the Directorate-General endeavors not to invite you to Brussels and prefers to carry out any interviews by telephone. Please note that those interviews are not compulsory which means that you might be contacted or not.

Final selection will be closed at the beginning of January 2014. At this stage, no traineeship may be guaranteed. If you are selected by the Directorate-General for Education and Culture, the Traineeships Office will inform you by e-mail and then send you a trainee placement offer from mid-January 2014.

Should your first application be unsuccessful, you can still apply for a subsequent exercise, provided you are still eligible. You must, however, make a fresh application. This should be done on-line following the guidelines on the Traineeships Office website at
http://ec.europa.eu/stages.
anam1985

Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:24 pm
I received the same email 2 weeks ago andradaiulia. I only send 3 email to some units, but received an answer only from the erasmus unit. So far no interview.
minka

Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:31 pm
Hi! Have you had interviews or received emails from DG EAC, but from "culture part" part of that DG, E Units and similar?
Francy_87

Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:49 pm
minka wrote:Hi! Have you had interviews or received emails from DG EAC, but from "culture part" part of that DG, E Units and similar?

Minka, I tried to lobby some of those units (E1, E2 and E4) but no interviews nor e-mails so far.. It's frustrating all this silence!
Yana

Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:56 pm
Francy_87 wrote:
minka wrote:Hi! Have you had interviews or received emails from DG EAC, but from "culture part" part of that DG, E Units and similar?

Minka, I tried to lobby some of those units (E1, E2 and E4) but no interviews nor e-mails so far.. It's frustrating all this silence!

I also lobbied those among 8 Units in EAC as a whole, and only had the generic answer cited above from Unit E.2 Creative Europe programme - culture. However, I was told that French is really imprortant there and they rarely pick someone who doesnt know French, which is sad for me because my profile cannot get any more cultural...
magdalena_

Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:38 pm
Apparently, EAC E1 is not taking any trainees... Pity! E3 already has its shortlist, but I don't know wether they're already contacting people.
minka

Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:32 pm
Francy_87 wrote:

Looks like E or cultural units are always silent and just send offers at the end, so we can't get any idea about profiles they are looking for.
minka

Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:01 pm
Yana wrote:
Francy_87 wrote:

I also lobbied those among 8 Units in EAC as a whole, and only had the generic answer cited above from Unit E.2 Creative Europe programme - culture. However, I was told that French is really imprortant there and they rarely pick someone who doesnt know French, which is sad for me because my profile cannot get any more cultural...

Interesting...who told you that about French? Do you know any current/former interns there? I've asked in the forum of October traineeship, but no answer about profiles for those units...  Rolling Eyes
Yana

Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:49 pm
A former trainee from the October session last year told me that, she only knew one trainee in the whole DG who didn't know French. So, at least they prefer people with French. Anyways, maybe the shortlisted candidates aren't on this forum to save us from the misery of the unknown Very Happy
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum