Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Gerundive

Acknowledgement of submission of education/employment details Empty Acknowledgement of submission of education/employment details

Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:39 pm
A quick question for anyone who may be able to assist.
An applicant who I have been in contact with has advised me that he has received no acknowledgement for his pdf submission. The submission instructions clearly state that an acknowledgement email will be sent.

Can anyone who has submitted the pdf advise how long it took to receive the acknowledgement email, and has anyone else had problems in this regard.

He believes it is possible to upload a second time; has anyone any experience of this.

He is understandably anxious as the deadline for submission is tomorrow, and he has had no reply to emails to the Commission.

Many thanks.
Gerundive

Acknowledgement of submission of education/employment details Empty Confirmation email

Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:15 pm
I have just been advised of the text relating to the confirmation email in the letter asking for documents:

4. After uploading the supporting documents for the eligibility check, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. Please make sure that you keep this confirmation e-mail.

That is the precise wording. Can anyone who has received that confirmation email advise how quickly it was received after submission (eg was it automatic), and whether it was sent direct to their own email account, or to their application account with notification to their own email account.

Many thanks in anticipation.
lu_cette

Acknowledgement of submission of education/employment details Empty Re: Acknowledgement of submission of education/employment details

Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:29 pm
Gerundive wrote:I have just been advised of the text relating to the confirmation email in the letter asking for documents:

4. After uploading the supporting documents for the eligibility check, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. Please make sure that you keep this confirmation e-mail.

That is the precise wording. Can anyone who has received that confirmation email advise how quickly it was received after submission (eg was it automatic), and whether it was sent direct to their own email account, or to their application account with notification to their own email account.

Many thanks in anticipation.

I sent in my pdf doc yesterday and almost automatically received an email acknowledging receipt of it. I also went back on my profile to check and it says that my supporting docs have been already sent on the said date and the submit button has disappeared. So i understand you can only submit once. I would then think that your docs did not go through and you might want to resubmit them or email them. Hope this helps... Good luck!
Gerundive

Acknowledgement of submission of education/employment details Empty Re: Acknowledgement of submission of education/employment details

Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:01 pm
lu_cette

Many thanks for your detailed reply. This is extremely helpful.
Gerundive

Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:43 pm
lu_cette

I want to thank you again for your very helpful reply.

The applicant resubmitted again, twice, and each time it said it was 'uploading' and then that the upload was complete. Once this was done by drag and drop, and the second time by selection of the file. Both times no acknowledgement was received.

Following your advice, I asked what browser he was using and he said 'Mozilla Firefox'. I advised him to try 'Chrome' and voilĂ , on the next try at uploading a confirmation was immediately received with a reference number etc.

So, to anyone else who may be thinking that they have uploaded and the confirmation email is on the way.... don't bank on it! If you did the upload using Firefox, do it again with Chrome, and keep trying until you get that all important confirmation reference.

I don't know if this 'confirmation' is new for the October 2017 intake but if one reads the March 2017 postings, people clearly had problems then.

Thanks again lu_cette.
lu_cette

Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:59 am
Gerundive wrote:lu_cette

Many thanks for your detailed reply. This is extremely helpful.

you are very welcome! i hope you were able to do it!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum