Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Translation Traineeship in the EC

+21
mariacristeo
Rain
minnie mouse
ela_n
brulu
Katyna
silvyb88
flov
poppins
Molina
Ivyspirit
Crazy333
JuliaBia
lucia_roman
Ristujo
Greenie
mimi86
zacb
tadeiya
Martina_
Zuzana
25 posters
Go down
ela_n

Translation Traineeship in the EC - Page 4 Empty Re: Translation Traineeship in the EC

Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:30 pm
Hello all,

I've also been pre-selected but no call yet.
I really hope that we'll hear from them soon...it seems like forever.
minnie mouse

Translation Traineeship in the EC - Page 4 Empty Re: Translation Traineeship in the EC

Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:22 am
Molina wrote:Or maybe they already let know the lucky ones and we're simply out. Sounds plausible to me.
Well, I was like that when I was selected a trainee*, and I don't think much has changed since.
* Selected trainees got a call and an email from DGT in May/June. Those who were not selected got an official rejection email from the TO at the end of July. So no news = bad news.

But good luck to you all guys! Until you get to know that there's like ten selected trainees around the Internet, don;t lose hope  Wink 
Molina

Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:27 am
Thank you minnie mouse, finally some relevant feedback from experiences, savvy people Wink The problem is, you see, that we got the preselection results only on the 20th of December, then the EC was closed 20.12.13-5.01.14, so it's been basically "only" 4 working days (6.01-today) during which they could have contacted the lucky ones. I am pretty confused. But, anyway, thank you once again for your info and congrats on your achievement!
minnie mouse

Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:42 pm
Did you have to send any documents by post? If so, to Brussels or Luxembourg? Did you have to have everything translated into English/French, or you could send stuff in any EU language?

I'm asking, cause sending documents by post means delays, forwarding documents within the Commission from Brussels to Luxembourg means delays and reviewing stuff in 24 different languages means delays.

In any case I don't think they have managed to do much since 20 December, so I wouldn't worry if I were you.

On the other hand, those who haven't received an email saying you were preselected yet - I don't mean to discourage you, but I would concentrate on other projects.
Molina

Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:56 pm
In my case I sent documents in 5 EU languages all together, and they went to Brussels, no translations, exactly as they wanted. So I guess they must have forwarded to Luxembourg, since my unit is there and your theory is probably right.
Rain

Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:36 pm
I just received a call from someone. I've been selected and am now supposed to wait for an e-mail (should arrive within the next hour). I have to confirm by Monday at the latest. I'm from Denmark, in case anyone's wondering. According to the stats, we had four applicants for two positions.

So it did work cursing at them all day for not letting us know! Wink
Ivyspirit

Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:41 pm
Congratulations, Rain! Finally some good news Smile Can I ask if the person calling was from your language unit or from the Traineeship office? Thank you and congrats again!  cheers 
As for the rest of us, maybe there's still hope...  Rolling Eyes 
Molina

Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:44 pm
What a relief! They are actually calling people and not just starring at our documents! Smile Congrats Rain, others- keep your eyes on your mobile Smile
Rain

Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:50 pm
Thanks!
The person who called me called from a hidden number and was definitely not Danish - nor English Wink So she must've called from the traineeship office. The e-mail is signed Véronique Vervaet. So I guess that's who called me. She said that someone had received the e-mail in their spam folder, and I did as well - just checked. So if she forgets to tell you, check there! Also, I guess any rejected positions will be distributed fairly quickly - since I only have the weekend to confirm.
mariacristeo

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:30 pm
Congratulations Rain! Has anyone else got a call from the TO? And do you reckon that if you miss their call they will call again? I had an exam today and had to turn my phone off completely...on the off chance (I can only dream) that they called, do you think they just moved on to the next person? That would be quite sad Sad
Martina_

Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:02 am
yeah congrats Rain!!!! I haven't heard anything from them yet, but as Molina said I'm glad they are calling people instead of just looking at all our documents  Very Happy mariacristo, I wouldn't worry if I were you, they would probably call you back or email you!  Smile 
Molina

Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:37 pm
Anybody got a call from TO today?
Ivyspirit

Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:52 pm
Nothing here... Sad
Molina

Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:14 pm
I wonder if they go alphabetically with the countries...
zacb

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:28 pm
Hi guys! I received a call today, also from Véronique, who sent me an email right afterwards in order to confirm what she said by phone and to ask me to confirm my acceptance. I guess she is the person in charge of calling everyone, so it should take time.

good luck!!!!
Ivyspirit

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:30 pm
Thank you zacb for this useful info! Can you please tell us which is your language? Thanks again!
Molina

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:31 pm
Hi zacb and congratulations! Can I ask you where are you from? (just to check my country theory...Smile)
zacb

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:40 pm
I am from Spain, so my language is Spanish!
Martina_

Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:24 pm
Hi Zacb, congrats!!!  Very Happy And thanks for the info....By the way, I was wondering if there are any other people who have Dutch as their ''mother tongue"?
Molina

Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:11 pm
No call for me so far... I guess I'm out! Tomorrow is the 15th so I guess it's over. Too bad.
Ivyspirit

Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:19 pm
Yeah, same story... Maybe next time... Sad
Greenie

Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:29 pm
They can call tomorrow - the sending of offers begins tomorrow. Last year they also contacted people on the 16th and later on.
Molina

Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:33 pm
Greenie you're from Poland as well, isn't it? An Ivyspirit from Romania if I'm not mistaken. I was thinking maybe they call alphabetically, either countries, or maybe names...Inventing theories is just so lame but it's just really difficult to give up on this project after 4 months of waiting...
Ivyspirit

Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:38 pm
Yes Molina, I am indeed from Romania. And I feel exactly the same way, it's too hard to give up on this when I was so close! Maybe they use this table for their calls:  

http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/translation/workwithus/trainee/traineeships_march_2014_en.pdf

Lame, I agree!  Very Happy
Ristujo

Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:41 pm
Ivyspirit, I was just going to post the same thing Smile) It kinda checks out with Rain being Danish and the first person we know of who got selected. So fingers and toes crossed!
Ivyspirit

Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:43 pm
Yes, and with Zacb being Spanish (ES)!  Very Happy 
Ivyspirit

Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:58 pm
I guess our theory isn't so reliable after all... There's another person from Slovenia who already got selected and received the call yesterday.
Greenie

Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:01 pm
Well, I don't know how it goes, but I've read various posts and threads, also from people who applied for the administration traineeship, and it seems the 15th is not the final day for phone calls.

Personally, I don't think they call alphabetically, but it's quite possible that the 15th was set as the date of final decisions for different language divisions. Some of them (like the Danish one) had already contacted the Traineeship Office, so Madame Véronique decided she would contact those candidates earlier.

And another potential source of comfort Wink: on Monday it may turn out that some of the selected candidates didn't confirm or don't want to come. Some people on this forum hesitate because they have better offers of a real job or of an internship with high chances of being hired.
Ivyspirit

Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:03 pm
Greenie, it's nice to have such an optimistic approach around here!  Very Happy 
Greenie

Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:08 pm
Smile 
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum