Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Molina

Translation Traineeship DGT Oct 14 Empty Translation Traineeship DGT Oct 14

Fri May 02, 2014 2:39 pm
Hello Translation Freeeeeaaaaaaks,

while the preselected administrative guys are all excited about their lobbying and their Blue Book, I think it's time to create a separate topic.

I reckon we'd all be gratefull for any useful pieces of info; if the TO starts making THE CALLS, if you develop a compulsive syndrom consting in constant staring at your mobile, if you freak out when you see a new message in your inbox and all other characteristic symptoms diagnosed in pre-selected candidates for the DGT Wink

Fingers crossed!

RetkoN

Translation Traineeship DGT Oct 14 Empty Re: Translation Traineeship DGT Oct 14

Sat May 03, 2014 12:43 am
Just wanted to ask if there's anybody who knows whether an e-mail is sent to you to inform you about the hour and date of your call (presuming the interview is going to be held over the phone)? It seems quite irrational to stare at the cell phone all day - although I might just do that as well  Very Happy 

Does anyone also know about what questions are being asked?

Fingers crossed & thanks
Molina

Sat May 03, 2014 10:10 am
Hi,
As far as I know (second time applying, second time pre-selected, let's see this time...) they tend to skip the interview part for translation trainees. What happens is that they make a glorious phonecall to inform the "lucky 2 per language chosen ones" about 1-3 after they chose the administrative trainees and then they send you a rejection mail, long after they have filled all the positions for the traineeship period at question.

Another question: Have anybody considered lobbying in our case? I mean I kinda wrote my whole motivation in the motivation part of my application and we cannot be assigned to any other unit than the one of our mother tongue, so it seems a little bit pointless... But then there is this brand new sentence in the pre-selection confirmation letter "Your application will be included in the Blue Book." Any experience in harassing the DGT with "I love you, pick me" emails? Wink

Cheers
GiannaS

Tue May 13, 2014 11:57 am
Hello, I was also included in the Blue Book for the translation traineesheep (first time I hear of "Blue Book" associated to the DGT by the way...) Has anyone received a call yet? I am getting quite anxious as I belong to the biggest group of applicants (Italians) and I don´t know how many people were actually preselected...

Molina

Tue May 13, 2014 12:16 pm
That's true the Blue Book is pretty unusual for our beloved DGT. I was pretty surprise as well. I haven't received any info so far, but they tend to get down to the Translation folks much later than they select the administrative ones. As for the number of preselected candidates they do publish it on the official DGT site (Jobs-Traineee-bottom of the page), but they haven't updated it yet. The one from March 2014 are still available, there were about 1000 Italians then so I would expect pretty much the same figures this time... I think we would be all greatful for any update if anybody some has more info!
Ardi

Wed May 21, 2014 2:42 pm
Guys, I had The Call today... I'm in! Smile
Molina

Wed May 21, 2014 3:18 pm
Hi, first of all sincere congrats for you achievement! Smile Can you tell us where are you from?
Ardi

Wed May 21, 2014 3:44 pm
Thanks, Molina. I'm Italian
Molina

Wed May 21, 2014 3:49 pm
Italian? Well, let me rectify my message there: Humongous congrats on beating thousands of your compatriots!!! Wink
Did they tell you something about the selection procedure for DGT on the phone? (I mean, is it over/starting/never-ending?) Anybody else got any info?
Ardi

Wed May 21, 2014 5:07 pm
ahah  Razz 

It was a very short phone call, the lady just asked whether I was still interested and said that I should send them an email to confirm my place or the offer would lapse. She didn't say anything about the selection procedure, but I assume they've just started and that they'll be sending out offers until the 2nd of June.
Best of luck to all!!
GiannaS

Wed May 21, 2014 6:24 pm

Dear Ardi,
Congratulazioni! I'm getting worried though as I'm Italian too, preselected for the first time but I did not receive any phone call yet! Sad

Ardi wrote:ahah  Razz 

It was a very short phone call, the lady just asked whether I was still interested and said that I should send them an email to confirm my place or the offer would lapse. She didn't say anything about the selection procedure, but I assume they've just started and that they'll be sending out offers until the 2nd of June.
Best of luck to all!!
Molina

Wed May 21, 2014 6:35 pm
GiannaS, there is still one place left for this session, do not despair! Now Ardi tell us about your profile so we would all go like "whaaaaaaaa..." Wink (if you don't mind, of course!)
RetkoN

Mon May 26, 2014 5:04 pm
Congratulations! Is there anyone else who already got a reply?
Molina

Tue May 27, 2014 11:18 am
........silence....... (everybody's staring at their mobiles...)
psun

Fri May 30, 2014 2:54 pm
Should we be worried if we have not gotten a call yet? I applied for the English department. Thanks!
Molina

Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:19 am
In my humble opinion there are two plausible explanations for the current situation:
1. Either the translation trainees are chosen later than the administrative ones and the procedure is still ongoing (take a look at the Lobbying process thread- they have just received their confirmation/rejection, still no info from the DGT though) and therefore we must be just a little bit more patient...
2. ...or they have already called all selected trainees around the date Ardi mentioned and the other lucky ones just do not read this forum/do not want to share the great news/got so excited that they jumped out of the window.
GiannaS

Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:12 pm
Sad

Dear candidate,
The Commission services and Executive Agencies have now selected their trainees. I regret to inform you that you have not been selected.
Please note that some late selection will still take place:
If a given candidate declines their offer, services will make new selections. Late selection continues until all available places are filled or the deadline has been reached. Please do not contact the Traineeship Office or the services regarding late selection. If you are selected, we will contact you.
If you are no longer available or no longer interested in a traineeship:
Please inform us by e-mail, so we can remove your name from the Blue Book database.
Yours faithfully,
(Signed)
Belén Bernaldo de Quirós
Head of Traineeships Unit
asofiasf

Translation Traineeship DGT Oct 14 Empty Hi from Portugal!

Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:00 am
Hi everyone,

I am Sofia, from Portugal. I've been selected for a traineeship position in the Portuguese-language unit 1.

I am aware that there are 2 trainees for unit, so I am looking for my Portuguese colleague.

I would also like to know who the other colleagues are. Maybe we could share some ideas on accommodation (I was thinking about booking a double room in the residence!).

You can contact me via e-mail: asofia.sf@gmail.com

Kind regards,

Sofia Fonseca

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum