Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Machi-Chara

No Need to Send Paper Documents after Completing Online Application? Empty No Need to Send Paper Documents after Completing Online Application?

Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:00 pm
Hello All,

I have a question regarding a note on the "Application Procedure" section of the EC Application site (http://ec.europa.eu/stages/how/how_en.htm):

'Section 2. Fill In & Submit the Application Form' states that "The European Commission does not require you to submit any paper documents at this stage." So this means that we do not send any paper documents (copies of diplomas, language certificates, etc.) to the EC after submitting the online application, is that correct? Because up until now you had to send all the copies of your documents right after applying online (and before being pre-selected) so my understanding is that this is no longer the case.

I would appreciate it if anyone who has completed their application could confirm this as I have not submitted mine yet and would like to know in advance that there is no surprise pop-up address where our documents are expected to be send to after completing the online application.

Any replies much appreciated - many thanks!
mermaid123

No Need to Send Paper Documents after Completing Online Application? Empty Re: No Need to Send Paper Documents after Completing Online Application?

Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:11 am
Machi-Chara wrote:Hello All,

I have a question regarding a note on the "Application Procedure" section of the EC Application site (http://ec.europa.eu/stages/how/how_en.htm):

'Section 2. Fill In & Submit the Application Form' states that "The European Commission does not require you to submit any paper documents at this stage." So this means that we do not send any paper documents (copies of diplomas, language certificates, etc.) to the EC after submitting the online application, is that correct? Because up until now you had to send all the copies of your documents right after applying online (and before being pre-selected) so my understanding is that this is no longer the case.

I would appreciate it if anyone who has completed their application could confirm this as I have not submitted mine yet and would like to know in advance that there is no surprise pop-up address where our documents are expected to be send to after completing the online application.

Any replies much appreciated - many thanks!

Indeed, this is something new. In previous sessions, we had to send out the whole application package since the earliest stage, which, really, floods the EC in a very unnecessary way. I am all for this change, but that means we have to be more careful in providing details of our studies, work experiences, language skills... since they would not have such infos at hand up until preselection.

"Important note!
The European Commission does not require you to submit any paper documents at this stage.

Afterwards, only preselected candidates for the Virtual Blue Book will be invited to provide supporting documents, such as:

copy of ID card/passport
copy of university qualifications
proof of declared language skills (studies, stay abroad or other)
proof of work experience (if applicable)"

travisfull

No Need to Send Paper Documents after Completing Online Application? Empty Re: No Need to Send Paper Documents after Completing Online Application?

Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:13 pm
Yes they actually change the procedure. Now it is really fast and straightforward without boring regular mail and so on.
It is actually easier even for them.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum