Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crucial in an application

+13
pupsik
eeritrejaa
Elanor
Idealo
Anne1980
TCRVR
travisfull
Husker
Avo
lakika
mariabernarda
aszemela
Aneena
17 posters
Go down
pamg

Crucial in an application - Page 2 Empty Re: Crucial in an application

Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:41 pm
Hello all,

I also have the same doubts about what to fill in the "Motivation for the choice" and "Why do you consider your profile suitable for this area?".

It's hard to explain why we are motivated without automatically consider our profile suitable for the job.

Another thing, did any of you made specific reference to the work developed at a certain DG in order to explain how your profile matches/why you are a good candidate? (For example, that your studies in Law, and your previous work experience would be an asset working within DG JUST)
FionaC

Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:57 pm
pamg wrote:Hello all,

I also have the same doubts about what to fill in the "Motivation for the choice" and "Why do you consider your profile suitable for this area?".

It's hard to explain why we are motivated without automatically consider our profile suitable for the job.
It can be hard to separate the 2, so just try not to be redundant. But really focus on WHY in the first part. Forget about your qualifications. Hey, if the area of interest fits perfectly your studies and work experience, great, but why did you choose to study and work in that field in the first place? Basically, you want to tell them what's going on in your head, your hopes and dreams, etc.

Once you've clearly stated why that's so interesting and important to you, move on to the next section and explain what you've done and what you're good at that makes you the perfect fit. Now you can describe your character, skills, experience and all the various actions you took that prove you are meant to work in that field.

Hope it helps... Now the real challenge is to finish writing the bloody thing... Very Happy
pamg

Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:48 pm
FionaC wrote:
pamg wrote:Hello all,

It can be hard to separate the 2, so just try not to be redundant. But really focus on WHY in the first part. Forget about your qualifications. Hey, if the area of interest fits perfectly your studies and work experience, great, but why did you choose to study and work in that field in the first place? Basically, you want to tell them what's going on in your head, your hopes and dreams, etc.

Once you've clearly stated why that's so interesting and important to you, move on to the next section and explain what you've done and what you're good at that makes you the perfect fit. Now you can describe your character, skills, experience and all the various actions you took that prove you are meant to work in that field.

Hope it helps... Now the real challenge is to finish writing the bloody thing... Very Happy
Yes, I suppose you are right. I did write something like that. Sent it yesterday.

Now it's fingers crossed/hope for the best time!
pamg

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:55 pm
I'd like to listen to some opinions about this:

Do you feel that it is fundamental to have a Master degree in order to be successful in being, at least, pre-selected? (I say this because most of the people that have applied have this educational background)

Or do you think that the lack of a Master's can be compensated with relevant professional experience (let's say, 3 or 4 years of experience), complemented with seminars/advanced courses?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum