Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
tiana_suk

Application? Empty Application?

Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:24 pm
Hi guys,

I have a question - I am currently studying in the UK but also I am finishing my studies in Croatia. Now, I was a ERASMUS student through my university in Croatia and I would like to list that in my studies section. However, my Croatian university does not give any confirmation of studies via email and since I am now in the UK and absolutely cannot go to Croatia to get the paper I don't know what to do? I have a confirmation of studies from summer semester 2010 and I am afraid to submit that one since it's not up to date. Should I just not list my Croatian university but list the ERASMUS exchange?
Please help! Or if you have any suggestions...

Thanks!

P.S. I sent an email about it to the Traineeship Office but still no reply.
Aneena
Aneena

Application? Empty Re: Application?

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:02 pm
I would list everything, in the worse case scenario they will disregard it, right? Unless I'm wrong, but from what I understood if you provide some information in your application that you can't prove, then they just don't take it into account. Are there any official rules on that? Does anybody have experience in this matter?
myrskypilvi

Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:54 am
I would definitely include the studies in Croatia, as it is really competitive, and this might give you the one extra point needed for pre-selection.

Is it really not possible to get a more recent confirmation from your university in Croatia? Can't they send it by normal mail, or can't you ask someone in Croatia to get one on your behalf?

If nothing else, you can use the old paper you already have. At least it proofs that you have studied there, if not your latest progress!

Good luck!
tiana_suk

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:30 pm
unforunately, the system on Croatia is a bit stupid and I belong to the generation of student who are not in the online system and all of my data is in paperwork (stupid I know...). I guess I could send the old confirmation. Hopefully, that'll be fine. Thanks guys!
krista

Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:16 am
I did my Erasmus in Slovenia and I am also having trouble with just getting a "proof of studies" for my time there. I emailed the university and they responded, but I still haven't received the actual paper. Let's hope I get it before the deadline.

My advice: if you want that paper, email over and over, call and pester them until you get it Very Happy It will be a good way to practice your lobbying techniques for when you get pre-selected!
scissorbrother

Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:55 pm
karla007 wrote:I did my Erasmus in Slovenia and I am also having trouble with just getting a "proof of studies" for my time there. I emailed the university and they responded, but I still haven't received the actual paper. Let's hope I get it before the deadline.

My advice: if you want that paper, email over and over, call and pester them until you get it Very Happy It will be a good way to practice your lobbying techniques for when you get pre-selected!

I was Erasmus in Slovenia too Smile
tiana_suk

Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:14 pm
I am just wondering if I state something in the application and send a letter to prove it but the EC office finds it invalid - would I be rejected immediately or they would not count the points for that?
krista

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:15 pm
tiana_suk wrote:I am just wondering if I state something in the application and send a letter to prove it but the EC office finds it invalid - would I be rejected immediately or they would not count the points for that?

Yes tiana, but at least... you tried! Very Happy Whatever the outcome might be, given that there is a slight possibility they will overlook the missing documentation, it's better than not including it at all.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum