Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Topic

+54
annacocc
tiana_suk
Kate P
hendy
kattie
Ella
Jurgita
prohibited
ioanacozma
Ugne
ank
mike
chupson
Ann88
ailsie
nefeloca
koelnerjung
malle000
lazodeuts
EUcitizen
operom
Claudia D
Tralala
Fjaeril
Paulo
scarlet
lycka
Aneena
prato
zaiman
Therion
Franzi86
karenina
Rinna
Shalimar
XabaCs
alexte
damianoos
anna17
Daylight
bea***
lukasz p
Nassy21
tomi
Joanna
Ely
lamazi
Magda S
myrskypilvi
Tenkre
moe
aleahben
fank
Lucas
58 posters
Go down
Lucas
Lucas

General Topic Empty General Topic

Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:41 pm
Because me evening is one of most borings, mayby its to ask you about plase you are applying to?

SANCO, thats mine Wink

Regards,
Lu
Lucas
Lucas

General Topic Empty Re: General Topic

Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:43 pm
Apologise for typing errors,

Lu again,
fank

Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:48 pm
Hi, I think I am applying to Energy, General-Secreteriat and Executive Agency for Competitiveness and Innovation. I would appreciate if someone could give me some information for them and especially for the last two DGs.
Another question, I know people from my class who failed in the exams or they were not good at all but they were chosen from EU institutions and others who are very good (not including myself) were not even preselected.... Shouldn't they be better in choosing people?
Lucas
Lucas

Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:36 am
Oh Is it?
It doesn't sound nice. Preselection...thats where subjective view point decides.
I really do not know how it may works, but I do belive that selection in general is fair enought. Will see, what I say in near future, in case I wont be choosen Wink

Anyway, I think that after all it's not so bad, that all folks have equal chances, not only best ones. But its still my oppinion Wink

Lu.

aleahben

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:25 pm
I am applying to Trade, Regional Policy and Taxation and Customs Union...

@frank I think alot depends on your nationality and experience. At least that is what i am getting from this forum.

I also used the websites to get as much information on the DG/Services before making my choice.

A
Lucas
Lucas

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:47 pm
You mean, some are advantaged? Maybe, but I won't be so sure about that. Any reason up for it?

Lu
aleahben

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:53 pm
Its about all applications get scores depending on your academic and professional experience mostly with additional points for the motivation and extras on your application. Its in the application process description.

Then the points are weighed against your nationality of your peers. From reading the forums, it seems that alot of Italians apply so it is harder to be preselected. I am not sure for any other nationality so I was asking if Non-EU and Non-European countries have a difficult time being preselected.
moe

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:07 pm
I applied for AIDCO and RELEX. However, won't receive my final university grade until 31 September, so I guess I'm out. Too bad. Crying or Very sad Crossing my fingers for you guys!
Lucas
Lucas

Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:39 pm
moe wrote:I applied for AIDCO and RELEX. However, won't receive my final university grade until 31 September, so I guess I'm out. Too bad. Crying or Very sad Crossing my fingers for you guys!

Shouldn't you just provide them with proper declaration, or any other slip stamped and signed, stating that you will deliver the paper asap? Isn't it written in guide? I am pretty sure it is. Mayby you should not give up mate.

About Non-EU or Non-European interns, I do have no idea. For what I am sure, is that non UE countries applicants can not apply for Justice and Law Derectoriate.

Anyway, whats done is done I have sent my docs yeterday, so keep your fingers crossed folks Wink maybe we'll se and have a ale;)
aleahben

Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:40 pm
Yup Smile

I am working my CV optional document and hopefully I can send it in on Monday Smile
fank

Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:03 am
of course some are advantaged.
Lucas
Lucas

Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:49 pm
fank wrote:of course some are advantaged.

Share with us Frank:)

fank

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:50 am
firstly, the whole thing with lobbying is just not right. I understand there are many applicants but it is EU institution and shouldn't be like this. Secondly, those who are native in one of three working languages are advantaged because in general speak another proficient too, whereas non-natives speak in general only one working language proficiently. Languages are very important for them and quotas are only for preselection.
Lucas
Lucas

Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:13 pm
Who said there is lobbying? Is there? I thought passing eligibility is more like fulfilling requirements. There is no chace to throw you out if you comply. Correct me if I am wrong! Further steps...ok I agree can be subjective.
Ok now you scared me Wink I am one of non-workin' language. But I still do belive that not only languages counts. Will see sonn...
Tenkre

Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:25 pm
I have a question. I sent my papers today, i.e. on September the 1st, which is the deadline for sending the written application, so is there a chance that my application will be rejected? I did it all too hastily, so I guess my chances are not that good, plus the fact that I hold dual citizenship (Serbian and Croatian, both these nations are still out in the cold, waiting to be received Twisted Evil ) does not bode well either. Plus the fact that I applied for Relex only makes my chances quite slim too. Now, if this application of mine fails, can I apply for the next round, which is due in October?
Cheers!
Lucas
Lucas

Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:48 pm
Any one know, preselection results are sent to all parallely, at the same time by the and of September or once you are accepted they send you e-mail info?
Lucas
Lucas

Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:12 pm
Has anyone received rejection so far?

myrskypilvi

Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:08 pm
Lucas wrote:Any one know, preselection results are sent to all parallely, at the same time by the and of September or once you are accepted they send you e-mail info?

Hi Lucas & everybody else,

the schedule on the traineeship page says that they will notify the applicants ONLY if s/he is NOT eligible by the end of October. For those eligible no message will be sent at this point, but only about the results of the preselection by end of November.

So it is still going to take quite a while to get the results... Unfortunately!

Anyway, I'm quite new to this forum... I applied for Home Affairs, Relex and Development. Unfortunately I am afraid I have one of the quite hardly contested nationalities, and also I'm quite old already (over 30)! I just finished my Master's degree, I was working for a while after my Bachelor's.

Good luck to everybody!
Lucas
Lucas

Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:06 am
I just thought that once they reject sb, they send an info. But it seems they send it to all falks by the and of the period. Like you said it is going to take a while.

Over 30? Still young mate;) no worries I am becoming 30...so we can have lot in common Wink

In a meantime cheers!

Lucas
myrskypilvi

Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:04 am
Lucas wrote:
I just thought that once they reject sb, they send an info. But it seems they send it to all falks by the and of the period. Like you said it is going to take a while.

Over 30? Still young mate;) no worries I am becoming 30...so we can have lot in common Wink

Oldies but goldies, what? Wink

This is it for me, I don't think I'll be applying again anymore. I've done it twice before. Freshly after my Bachelor's, when I got preselected but not selected (the internships were not that popular back then, I guess...), and for October this year I didn't even get preselected. Which was quite devastating!

But third time is the charm, right? Especially as it would be really difficult for me to actually arrange my life around the March traineeship, but I really want to do this! So this time might be it - I have a history of complicating my life... Wink

And it would of course be nice for the folks that get rejected to get the information right away. But well, nice is not necessarily what the EC traineeship office is aiming at!

Minna

Lucas
Lucas

Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:23 pm
Oldies but goldies heh simple as that Wink

So you're kinde of veteran right?Wink. That is my first time, and also last one. To much to rearrange like you said. I suppose to look for a well paid job, buy a flat or a house, get kinds....but I just can't, what can I say. Since the world become global village, there have shown so much opportunities that it would be sin no to try one of those.

"Complicating my life" is my second name Wink Afted I've made my mind and applied for an intern, employer offered me promotion, so I told them about intern, they said thay just can't efford to get me promotion and then let for couple of months to Brussels...I just can't lie.

But let us keep all those stories for a pub meetings in BE Wink
Hopefully we will get a chance to meet and have at least one ale Very Happy
Lucas

myrskypilvi

Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:56 am
Hey Lucas,

yes, I'm a veteran, in more than one meaning of the word... Wink

And I so totally agree - the world has simply too many opportunities, and only one little me! Wink

Unfortunately I don't really drink ale (or any other alcohol), just don't like it (duck) and what these liquids do to me. But maybe getting this traineeship would count enough to make an exception? Smile

Minna
Lucas
Lucas

Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:38 pm
Dear Mina,

It was more like suggestion of meeting:) you can even have a tea or coffe or Pepsi, up to you Wink of course we will see.

Lu
myrskypilvi

Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:34 pm
Lucas wrote:Dear Mina,

It was more like suggestion of meeting:) you can even have a tea or coffe or Pepsi, up to you Wink of course we will see.

Lu

Dear Lucas,

well I'm definitely up for a meeting, if I ever survive this procedure! At least no rejection so far, so I guess at least I'm eligible.

Although that really wasn't a surprise, much bigger hurdle will be the pre-selection. Which still could take up to one month! Suspect

I don't really mind if I'm not pre-selected, because it would make my life much more easier. I just would really like to know the results!
Lucas
Lucas

Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:13 pm
Hello there Mina,

Seems I am eligible as well. At least that.

I think it is similar way in my case. Being not selected, would be much easier for me Smile like we both agreed to much to reorganize...but in fact that is why we wanted to be selected ;)hahaha no easy way out.

My life is so damn complicated right now, that I am thinking that such intern would let me run away of some things, for some time.
On the other hand, I have new plans, plans for the future hance not going would accelerate getting them into life.

Anyway, you hold Master of what profile? If you dont mine I'll ask.

regards,
Lu
myrskypilvi

Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:40 pm
Hi again Lu,

it is so hard being torn between several things. If I just could clone myself! Wink

What comes to my background - I have a Bachelor degree in Political Science and Master in - don't laugh - European Union Studies. Within those disciplines my special areas of interest are international relations, development and migration policies. Hence my choice of DG's...

And what about you?

Min
Lucas
Lucas

Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:07 pm
Laugh? Why should I laugh?

Both disciplins mean that you have thorough knowledge about EU. Community needs people like you Smile I think it should increase your chances being choose.

About me...now you don't laugh Smile Master in Scintific Biology, PDip. Medical Pharmacy and currently I am working on PharmD. Lots of work still ahead.

I am deeply in pharmacy and public health hance my DG is Sanco Wink

Wink
Lu
myrskypilvi

Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:01 pm
Lu,

your profile sounds really well fit for Sanco!

We just have to pass this stupid pre-selection... And then the selection... and only THEN we will face the REAL problem - life full of complications! Wink

And is there really no one else here in the forum yet, or don't they just dare to interrupt us old folks? Question

Minna
Magda S

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:15 pm
Hello guys! I am new around here, so I have a couple of questions if u don't mind answering... Did any of you receive any official e-mail from the EESC or CoR? Has anyone been preselected yet or when should that happen? Thanks for ur reply!
lamazi

Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:03 pm
They'll announce the preselection in the end of November, I guess
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum