Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

October 2019 Traineeship

+89
Melian6
justanothercandidate
AnnaAnti
angel9
Annikkiii5911
Lucille.cdv
Trainee_SJ
marge7
lara.zangoni
martamartam
gmat
krisa11
Alex18
Eun
Edding
deightt
maiora
ALon
barbara5
Wolverine
Bruselas2020
rosalp
Romualdo
puempipi
sarah1
adam sostrum
LeocF
Unknowwwn
john90
Beire
ghums
fmslan
djleons
June06
Antoaneta_03
aghata.srezende
apl.2019
Rea24
Melamela
radar934
csanglez
zwe2014
SimonaAnna25
id123
ECIntern
HaHoHe
KingJamesEU
PatLit
AWP2050
ros
Kleeblue
Luis13
okaps 12
iratiik
translator
rin94
beoleo
heheb
tatarskaomacka
Niko
anpa
nellyg
JG91
Haykuhi
amundsen1
uni
Emvfri
elinaa
dcs
YaYa
Printsess_B
to88
TubaTube
Trainee2019
oxymorons06
sy lee
Meridionale
pp10
zs96
zubeman
C123
laurasarah11
Cavo
ania94
Davidoff78
cmarie28
Gmzel
lj_be
elif
93 posters
Go down
pp10

October 2019 Traineeship - Page 7 Empty Re: October 2019 Traineeship

Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:54 pm
Does anyone know if your reponse to an email from a DG that is asking for your interest in their unit is binding or not? Meaning there's no way back to reject their offer later and shift to another DG? I guess as long as there's no contract given, there's a lot of space for changing your mind, or?!
Emvfri
Emvfri

Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:15 pm
I got a call from DG Comp, one of the State Aid Units today. The lady said I would be their 1. or 2. choice and that I would have to wait another week or two to hear back from the HR. She also indicated that they had only had access to the database since this morning, and that they would have to make their selection TODAY. Seems pretty intense but OK... I did not lobby and the call was not really an interview, more like a nice conversation confirming my interest in their Unit.
cmarie28

Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:59 pm
Emvfri wrote:I got a call from DG Comp, one of the State Aid Units today. The lady said I would be their 1. or 2. choice and that I would have to wait another week or two to hear back from the HR. She also indicated that they had only had access to the database since this morning, and that they would have to make their selection TODAY. Seems pretty intense but OK... I did not lobby and the call was not really an interview, more like a nice conversation confirming my interest in their Unit.

Oh I applied to DG COMP... I hope to get a call. I lobbied a few units but got automatic replies from them all saying they were out of office until today.
YaYa

Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:54 pm
Emvfri wrote:I got a call from DG Comp, one of the State Aid Units today. The lady said I would be their 1. or 2. choice and that I would have to wait another week or two to hear back from the HR. She also indicated that they had only had access to the database since this morning, and that they would have to make their selection TODAY. Seems pretty intense but OK... I did not lobby and the call was not really an interview, more like a nice conversation confirming my interest in their Unit.

Also got a call from DG ECFIN this afternoon and they told me that I'll be hearing from HR very soon. They didn't tell me whether I'm 1st or 2nd choice. Just that they were only calling a very small number of people and how they wanted to confirm that I'm interested in working with their unit. I also did not lobby them, but ECFIN was my first choice on my application. So fingers crossed I guess...
Meridionale
Meridionale

Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:38 am
Hello, my friends! Today I got the first call 🙂 from CNECT
KingJamesEU

October 2019 Traineeship - Page 7 Empty DG Connect

Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:57 am
Meridionale wrote:Hello, my friends! Today I got the first call 🙂 from CNECT

Hello! From which Unit if I may ask?
Meridionale
Meridionale

Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:06 pm
Update. As well I received several letters, so no trainees this session for : JRC DI (text and data mining unit, I am upset!), EAC D3 (Library and E-resources), DG Translation-D1 ( Terminology coordination unit). voilà quoi)
Meridionale
Meridionale

Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:25 pm
KingJamesEU wrote:
Meridionale wrote:Hello, my friends! Today I got the first call 🙂 from CNECT

Hello! From which Unit if I may ask?
DIR DATA
nellyg

Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:35 pm
Hello everyone. I have also received both automatic and non automatic replies from several DGs that I lobbied. The common fact in all non automatic replies is that they are telling me that the decision will be made by the traineeship office. Have you received any similar response? Is that negative or has nothing to do with that?
AWP2050

Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:40 pm
nellyg wrote:Hello everyone. I have also received both automatic and non automatic replies from several DGs that I lobbied. The common fact in all non automatic replies is that they are telling me that the decision will be made by the traineeship office. Have you received any similar response? Is that negative or has nothing to do with that?

I haven't received any replies from anyone except from the units that said they wouldn't be having a trainee, I guess they are flooded with e-mails and therefore not responding. But cool to know that the traineeships office will decide and that they're letting go of the whole lobbying bullshit, super unfair system. Also, has anyone heard from ECHO - DEVCO - EEAS?
PatLit

Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:56 pm
AWP2050 wrote:
nellyg wrote:Hello everyone. I have also received both automatic and non automatic replies from several DGs that I lobbied. The common fact in all non automatic replies is that they are telling me that the decision will be made by the traineeship office. Have you received any similar response? Is that negative or has nothing to do with that?

I haven't received any replies from anyone except from the units that said they wouldn't be having a trainee, I guess they are flooded with e-mails and therefore not responding. But cool to know that the traineeships office will decide and that they're letting go of the whole lobbying bullshit, super unfair system. Also, has anyone heard from ECHO - DEVCO - EEAS?

No reply from ECHO and DEVCO - I have only received one automatic reply, that the person would be back on the June 3rd.
HaHoHe

Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:20 pm
Hi, I received two calls today, one by DG HOME and one by DG Human Resources and Security. I was told that the DGs have to communicate their preferences (between 3-4 candidates) by Thursday noon Smile
elinaa
elinaa

Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:27 pm
I just got an email from FPI asking whether they can call me this week, so it looks like they are at least taking interns.

My other preferences, DEVCO and EEAS have been silent despite my lobbying efforts Sad
elinaa
elinaa

Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:30 pm
HaHoHe wrote:Hi, I received two calls today, one by DG HOME and one by DG Human Resources and Security. I was told that the DGs have to communicate their preferences (between 3-4 candidates) by Thursday noon Smile

That is super weird because FPI wanted to interview me on Friday Very Happy Very Happy I guess they are not then considering me, just interviewing because they have to Very Happy
ECIntern

October 2019 Traineeship - Page 7 Empty DG HOME - call

Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:44 pm
HaHoHe wrote:Hi, I received two calls today, one by DG HOME and one by DG Human Resources and Security. I was told that the DGs have to communicate their preferences (between 3-4 candidates) by Thursday noon Smile

Hi there! Did anybody else receive a call from DG HOME?
HaHoHe

Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:50 pm
elinaa wrote:

That is super weird because FPI wanted to interview me on Friday Very Happy Very Happy I guess they are not then considering me, just interviewing because they have to Very Happy

Oh no don't worry, might be only the case for some DGs! Good luck with your application Smile
ECIntern

Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:57 pm
HaHoHe wrote:
elinaa wrote:

Oh no don't worry, might be only the case for some DGs! Good luck with your application Smile

Thanks for the info! May I ask if the Thursday deadline was given to you by DG HOME or DG Human Resources and Security?
id123

Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:33 pm
cmarie28 wrote:

Oh I applied to DG COMP... I hope to get a call. I lobbied a few units but got automatic replies from them all saying they were out of office until today.

I also applied to DG COMP and lobbied three C units. No calls or emails yet. Sad Has anyone else heard from them?
SimonaAnna25

Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:06 pm
Hey! Did anyone get a call from EACEA / Joint Research Unit / Policy Analysis Center
Printsess_B

Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:33 am
Hi everybody, just wanted to add a quick update. So, my first preference was DG COMP, I did send a quick lobby e-mail to the general address indicated in the database, but did get an automatic response only. Monday, when the database was opened for DGs, I got 3 calls from various state aid units. As one of them stated that I would be their instant first pick and we had a lovely conversation overall and they promised me all sorts of cool extras (like writing decisions on my own and further research in German), I simply said yes. After that - no calls anymore. Hence, I am pretty sure that once you give your "yes" for being the first pick, it shall be indicated in the database as well (otherwise, why did the calls stop coming in suddenly, as my CV should fit for other state aid units as well).

Anyhow, good luck to all others! As I understood, the very last decision is made by the HR anyways, so there might be some surprises coming in. Very Happy
Emvfri
Emvfri

Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:42 am
Printsess_B wrote:Hi everybody, just wanted to add a quick update. So, my first preference was DG COMP, I did send a quick lobby e-mail to the general address indicated in the database, but did get an automatic response only. Monday, when the database was opened for DGs, I got 3 calls from various state aid units. As one of them stated that I would be their instant first pick and we had a lovely conversation overall and they promised me all sorts of cool extras (like writing decisions on my own and further research in German), I simply said yes. After that - no calls anymore. Hence, I am  pretty sure that once you give your "yes" for being the first pick, it shall be indicated in the database as well (otherwise, why did the calls stop coming in suddenly, as my CV should fit for other state aid units as well).

Anyhow, good luck to all others! As I understood, the very last decision is made by the HR anyways, so there might be some surprises coming in. Very Happy

Would you mind sharing which units? Just wondering whether we were contacted by the same one:D
Printsess_B

Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:53 am
Emvfri wrote:
Printsess_B wrote:Hi everybody, just wanted to add a quick update. So, my first preference was DG COMP, I did send a quick lobby e-mail to the general address indicated in the database, but did get an automatic response only. Monday, when the database was opened for DGs, I got 3 calls from various state aid units. As one of them stated that I would be their instant first pick and we had a lovely conversation overall and they promised me all sorts of cool extras (like writing decisions on my own and further research in German), I simply said yes. After that - no calls anymore. Hence, I am  pretty sure that once you give your "yes" for being the first pick, it shall be indicated in the database as well (otherwise, why did the calls stop coming in suddenly, as my CV should fit for other state aid units as well).

Would you mind sharing which units? Just wondering whether we were contacted by the same one:D

I had fiscal, state aid policy & case support and transport. I accepted transports' offer to be their first pick. What about you? Gosh, I do hope that they do not say to several people that hey you are our first pick and then just ghost on one of them.
Emvfri
Emvfri

Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:42 am
Printsess_B wrote:
Emvfri wrote:

I had fiscal, state aid policy & case support and transport. I accepted transports' offer to be their first pick. What about you? Gosh, I do hope that they do not say to several people that hey you are our first pick and then just ghost on one of them.

Hah, it was exactly transport who told me first or second.. But no doubt I am then the second. Actually a relief to know without having to wait for weeks...
YaYa

Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:21 am
Does anyone of those who also received a call know how long it takes until we receive an offer from the Traineeship Office? I was rather unclear to me after the conversation I had with one of the units... It sounded as if I'd definitely receive an email from the Traineeship Office but they also told me that they were calling several people that day. Does this mean that if you did get a call, you'll always receive some sort of feedback afterwards - even if it's to say that they ultimately selected another candidate for the unit? This entire process is really confusing me at every stage Very Happy
Meridionale
Meridionale

Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:11 pm
Slt a tous! I have to admit, I am starting to get desperate...Smile for the moment I got  only one call and letters with information that these units cannot recruit trainees this session... Neutral
tatarskaomacka

Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:17 pm
I have not received any call yet, just few automatic replies and a "thanks" one from DG NEAR. We'll see...
Trainee2019
Trainee2019

Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:02 pm
tatarskaomacka wrote:I have not received any call yet, just few automatic replies and a "thanks" one from DG NEAR. We'll see...

Same here.
But last year I had 5 calls and that was it... No offer. And still people who didn't have calls and didn't lobby received a placement.  So no logic here.  confused

And relax, they probably have too many emails to answer in 2-3 days. tongue
tatarskaomacka

Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:05 pm
Yeah, we just can't do anything but wait. Otherwise I will try next session Smile
nano_yue wrote:
tatarskaomacka wrote:I have not received any call yet, just few automatic replies and a "thanks" one from DG NEAR. We'll see...

Same here.
But last year I had 5 calls and that was it... No offer. And still people who didn't have calls and didn't lobby received a placement.  So no logic here.  confused

iratiik

Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:27 pm
Hey everyone! I just got a call from a DG this morning telling me that I am their first choice for an internship in the unit I lobbied for. I got an email from that unit to confirm my interest and they told me they'd transmit this to the Traineeship office. I hope this can help some of you
AWP2050

Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:53 pm
nano_yue wrote:

Same here.

Literally nothing is logical in the whole selection process. I've heard of a guy lobbying EEAS extensively asking them NOT to choose him as his preference went out to DG COMP or TRADE (his other 2 preferences). He got an offer from EEAS anyway in the end lmao. Just really goes to show that there's literally no system or logic in it all. Some lobby e-mails may get read, others may not get read.

Another friend of mine lobbied literally NO ONE (she wasn't aware this was a thing) and got her placement at an EU delegation. It's more of a lottery than anything else imo.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum