Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preselection date

+21
SofiiaB
Dionesco
nito09
hrvoje
lucas1
AmbraS
candidate
masraci
kh157
rheac
camillafc
lol
b00tsi3
Stan(Non-EU)
jovjov
ec2016
dnnachev
Lappa
margheneri
Iveee
25 posters
Go down
Dionesco

Preselection date - Page 2 Empty Re: Preselection date

Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:03 pm
Guys, it has happened to me the same as several of you: when I applied for this traineeship two years ago, I was 2 points below the threshold, and this time I have been given 5 points below the threshold. Within TWO years, I have more work experience, I have more studies and I even got a C2 level certificate of one language... Of course I have improved my CV and I have a better CV than two years ago. How can I do worse two years later??? It doesn't make any sense... Rolling Eyes
SofiiaB

Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:40 pm
@Dionesco Hey, honestly it is hard to figure out how they assess our applications as it isn't transparent and you don't get points breakdown. But what I've noticed is that you usually get more lucky for March session as there are less applicants. Some ppl wrote that you are being compared to other applicants in your country and not to all applicants, cannot comment on that as I don't know.
Dionesco

Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:51 pm
SofiiaB wrote:@Dionesco Hey, honestly it is hard to figure out how they assess our applications as it isn't transparent and you don't get points breakdown. But what I've noticed is that you usually get more lucky for March session as there are less applicants. Some ppl wrote that you are being compared to other applicants in your country and not to all applicants, cannot comment on that as I don't know.

Yes they confirmed me that each candidate is compared to other applicants from the same country, and each country has different thresholds with different requisites Smile

The most evident difference that comes to my mind is the language/s field. For instance, they cannot assess with the same threshold a country which their candidates are bilingual because they use two languages, than other countries where only have one official language (I hope is like this...)

In my case I am from Spain, and they told me Spain is one of the countries with more applicants, so it's even harder I suppose Rolling Eyes
b00tsi3

Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:36 pm
nito09 wrote:
Stuned and shocked, as  i have never worked in any EU institution for less or more than 6 weeks, nor have I indicated it in my application form (I first thought I made a mistake, but countless verification proved me otherwise).

WOW! I think this is more than obvious that there was a glitch in the system. I have witnessed the last two sessions and besides of general anger/disappointment, issues like that were never mentioned (incorrect dates, mismatching applications, etc.)

Nito, if I were you, I would definitely try to push the issue further. I also sent an e-mail to TO asking for the exact scoring system or the breakdown at least as it is a little "suspicious". Of course, no reply so far and not that I actually expect anything.
MK93

Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:25 pm
Hello all,
I am yet to receive a response/feedback about my application, anyone else in the same boat?
Or does it mean my application has been rejected?
Thanks
nito09

Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:30 pm
[quote="b00tsi3"]
nito09 wrote:
WOW! I think this is more than obvious that there was a glitch in the system. I have witnessed the last two sessions and besides of general anger/disappointment, issues like that were never mentioned (incorrect dates, mismatching applications, etc.)

Nito, if I were you, I would definitely try to push the issue further. I also sent an e-mail to TO asking for the exact scoring system or the breakdown at least as it is a little "suspicious". Of course, no reply so far and not that I actually expect anything.

Thank you for your message! I kept pressing the matter with the Traineeship Office, I have just had them on the phone, and they acknowledged the mistake on their part, they'll reassess my profile on the right conditions (considering that pre-selections have been made on nationality criteria as well so i don't even know if i stand a chance as everyone they need has already been pre-selected..)
AmbraS

Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:47 pm
nito09 wrote:

2 days ago, as most of you did, I received an email saying that I have a message in my EC Traineeship account. I log in, and there it states: "your  application has not passed the pre-selection phase as you indicated in my application a period of working experience within the European institutions exceeding six weeks, which infringes rules 2.3 etc...

Stuned and shocked, as  i have never worked in any EU institution for less or more than 6 weeks, nor have I indicated it in my application form (I first thought I made a mistake, but countless verification proved me otherwise).

It is also stated in the  in the eligibility check message that the traineeship Office does not have the power to change the decisions unless it can be proven that the committees did not act in accordance with the evaluation procedures (which I believe it can)

Do you think I have ground for an appeal ? (I have already sent an email to explain the situation with supporting documents but I have slim hopes.. Also, they don't provide the candidates with any kind of phone number).

Dear Nito

I definitely think you have ground of an appeal. It's not your fault if someone misread your application and you deserve at least an explanation.

I hope they will fix this. Please keep us posted!

Good luck.
luizzaa

Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:38 pm
hey guys, could you please pm me the number of the Traineeship Office? I want to call them tomorrow to make sure that they got my documents and it's really urgent because I had some technical problems and I don't know what I uploaded :-s. Thanks!
Nuria

Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:03 pm
Hello. I have been shortlisted for a traineeship for university graduates in the General Secretariat of the European Parliament, Directorate-General for Communication, European Union Visitors Programme Unit but I dont know that it's mean that I have the traineeship or not. I sent the documents but I dont have any answer yet. Well...its my first time ;p is something in my area? Thanks Nuria.
nonEUbürgerin

Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:15 pm
Stan(Non-EU) wrote:I have a hobby - two times a year I apply to EC traineeship Very Happy

What an entertaining hobby indeed! Are you by the way stating the same motivation all the time or each time come up with something new while using your creativity and persistence?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum