Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preselection date

+21
SofiiaB
Dionesco
nito09
hrvoje
lucas1
AmbraS
candidate
masraci
kh157
rheac
camillafc
lol
b00tsi3
Stan(Non-EU)
jovjov
ec2016
dnnachev
Lappa
margheneri
Iveee
25 posters
Go down

Preselection date Empty Preselection date

Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:56 am
I asked the Traineeships Office when we can expect the results of the preselection and they sent the following reply:

"Pre-identified candidates will be notified by the second week of April and requested to send their supporting documents.

If selected for the blue book, candidates will be notified end of May.

Results of final selection should be published in the 3rd week of June 2016."

Good luck to everyone! Smile
Iveee

Preselection date Empty Re: Preselection date

Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:47 pm
Thanks!!
margheneri

Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:01 pm
Hi everybody!

Has anybody received their pre-selection notification?
Lappa

Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:25 pm
Nope, not yet.. But I guess that should happen some time these days cause it's the second week of April, well, the first full week of April.
Stan(Non-EU)

Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:01 pm
I have a hobby - two times a year I apply to EC traineeship Very Happy
dnnachev

Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:18 pm
So, I've been unable to log in on the EC traineeships webpage for at least 4-5 hours now. Does anyone else have the same problem?
Stan(Non-EU)

Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:22 pm
dnnachev wrote:So, I've been unable to log in on the EC traineeships webpage for at least 4-5 hours now. Does anyone else have the same problem?
yes
ec2016

Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:52 pm
The EC traineeships webpage is ok now. In my account there has been no change in my application status so either I am not pre-identified or pre-identified candidates haven't been notified yet. Has anyone received a notification?
lol

Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:27 pm
No, nothing yet.
SofiiaB

Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:07 pm
So, guys...Am I the only one who has a pre-selection message with the wrong dates of traineeship period? Somehow I was again pre-selected for March 2016 Laughing Laughing Laughing
jovjov

Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:11 pm
Same here, I got pre-selection message for March 2016 Shocked
Stan(Non-EU)

Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:22 pm
Despite my profile was much stronger this time, I've not been even preselected) Previous time I was in the blue book with weaker profile. "Your score was 1 points below the threshold."
wtf  Evil or Very Mad

I am pretty sure they choose candidates like this
b00tsi3

Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:48 pm
Guys, I really do not know what to think about this traineeship programme anymore.
The October 2016 was the third time I applied, but I was always pre-selected before. In January when I submitted my application, I chose a different field of interest to see how it goes when it comes to selection process. I just received the e-mail now saying that my "score was 5 points below the threshold."

Seriously? I applied with the same profile just as always, including work experience, language skills and other soft and hard skills and even more. I am not sure if this stage of the selection depends on your field, or just simply the other applicants have "stronger" profile (?).

The other "funny" thing is that on Friday morning I received an offer from a unit in DG Grow with a possibility to start from 2 May as a "late arrival" of the previous/ongoing session. They asked me to reply to them on the very same morning about my decision as apparently they really needed someone. Unfortunately, I had to reject this offer, even though I really appreciated, but in such short notice I could not arrange my relocation.

Just as Stan mentioned here, this application became my hobby and I hoped for an actual possibility for the next session starting in October having the offer in mind. Apparently, this plan did not work out either, as my profile seems to be under the threshold. Since they do not send you the breakdown of your score, I am very doubtful about the whole procedure.

Well, good luck all!

Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:55 pm
Welcome to the club bootsi3. Got my rejection minutes ago.

I applied for the October intake 3 times in a row now with no success. Each and every time i brought in more than the last time.

First I applied with just a BA and was ruled out. Next time i applied while having an MA degree - i was under by 1 point! Now? Work experience with an industry association + basic French and this time I am under by 3 points. I improved in multiple areas and, as far as i believe, filled in the personal profile and motivation sections better than before, by a larger margin no less.

I am not sure what kind of candidates apply for this traineeship or what else is needed to finally get in. I hope other will have better luck than me.
lol

Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:13 pm
Hey guys,

just wanted to say that I got the pre-selection message. And btw. the date is correct-October 2016 session.

Good luck to everyone!
AmbraS

Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:26 pm
Hey guys,

I just got preselected for March 2016 as well. It's so weird. I have to send the documentation between the 09th of November and the 19th of November 2015. Do you have any time machine? Laughing

I had been rejected for March 2016 last december - I still got my rejection message on my profile. Funny enough, the message says now October 2016 (but still, it's dated 3/12/2015). I have applied only to 2 traineeships so far, March 2016 and Octobre 2016 and I don't really understand what's going on.
camillafc

Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:27 pm
SofiiaB wrote:So, guys...Am I the only one who has a pre-selection message with the wrong dates of traineeship period? Somehow I was again pre-selected for March 2016 Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hey SofiiaB! Same here... I got a pre-identification email for March 2016, and I did't even apply! what does that mean? Shocked
rheac

Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:29 pm
I haven't been pre-selected :-( It says "Your score was 1 points below the threshold."
What is the threshold and what is the weighted system that determines it? Has any past applicant here tried writing in and asking them about it? Will be helpful to have some official feedback.
Thanks.
kh157

Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:38 pm
I've just received my rejection email. I haven't been told how many points I am below the threshold, which probably doesn't bode well! Did it say it in the email itself? Congratulations to those who have been pre-selected!
masraci

Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:43 pm
PRESELECTED AS Well!!!

guys help me figure something out!!!

i lived and studied languages abroad, my level is very high even because I practice every day with mothertongue people.
How can I prove it??

i have certificates for the languages I put C2 for (they don't attest a level, just the attendance and period), and no certificate for the one I put A2, because I just have an elementary knowledge acquired at school.

Are they going to reject me?? How can i prove my language skills when languages improve day by day, more than any certificate?
candidate

Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:53 pm
Apparently there is a glitch in their software cause people receive out of date messages. I got turned down with the same assessment score as last time even though I changed and added a lot of new things. When I try to open my 2015 results, I get the same notification as the one I received today. Anyone experiencing the same?
SofiiaB

Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:57 pm
I checked my application again and I think they corrected the mistake - says October 2016 now.

And to those not selected, guys I am absolutely with you. This is the third time I am pre-selected, twice I got into the Blue Book. And guess how many times I made it to a trainee - zero. And this March session was absolutely epic - a person from my class who barely got the minimum requirements to graduate got in, and me with my honors degree not. So, I have no clue what is the most important to them to select people.
AmbraS

Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:04 pm
Thanks Sofia, I checked mine and they corrected it as well.

This is the first time I got preselected and reading your experiences I guess I'd better not to get too excited about it!
Stan(Non-EU)

Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:14 pm
Interesting, why they have changed application process? In 2015 the informed re result in the end of May, and now in mid April.
candidate

Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:16 pm
To say that the whole EC traineeship preselection procedure is very dubious would be an understatement. Last time I got 2 points below the threshold and now I received... guess what? 2 points below the magic threshold. However, the thing is that now I added my Master's degree, added further foreign exposure, increased the language level of two of my languages after attending courses the past 6 months and, to top all off, I wrote a very good motivation piece. So, after ameliorating my skills, knowledge etc I get the same result as before? That will only make sense if the batch of successful applicants this time has improved as significantly as I did in the past 6 months! Well done everyone haha
SofiiaB

Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:37 pm
@AmbraS: don't lose your hope) I first kinda got into Blue Book with translations application, so you may say it doesn't count) March was my second try but with general application, which for October session stayed absolutly the same.
AmbraS

Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:25 pm
@SofiiaB: thanks! I'm with the translations traineeship, but trying with the general application it's probably a good idea too!
lucas1

Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:10 am
Don't lose hope guys, in the first round you compete only with people from your country so it is a little bit of a gamble, every semester different people apply so one year you might be well below the threshold and other year you might get in... Congratulations to everyone who made it!
hrvoje

Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:39 am
Hi all,

yesterday I received mail about message on my personal account. When i login into my account there's no new message concerning my application for traineeship October2016 at the European Commission.
Anyone with same situation or knows why isn't visible for me?

Thx
nito09

Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:58 am
Guys,

I want to have you opinion on an irregularity that I have witnessed in the evaluation process of my application:

2 days ago, as most of you did, I received an email saying that I have a message in my EC Traineeship account. I log in, and there it states: "your  application has not passed the pre-selection phase as you indicated in my application a period of working experience within the European institutions exceeding six weeks, which infringes rules 2.3 etc...

Stuned and shocked, as  i have never worked in any EU institution for less or more than 6 weeks, nor have I indicated it in my application form (I first thought I made a mistake, but countless verification proved me otherwise).

It is also stated in the  in the eligibility check message that the traineeship Office does not have the power to change the decisions unless it can be proven that the committees did not act in accordance with the evaluation procedures (which I believe it can)

Do you think I have ground for an appeal ? (I have already sent an email to explain the situation with supporting documents but I have slim hopes.. Also, they don't provide the candidates with any kind of phone number).
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum