Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preselection

+36
Alea
mery72m
M-M
Skarlett
Lawgirl
Nathalie
anon_user
almond89
Natascha
SabıhaKaptan
Paloma00
belleville
Michele
bricle1
Oslo09
M.M.
elo89
CMD
candidate
european
mavb
Gord1
barmateos
L
Heigebo
lol
Antonnio
gilo91
Kkarlo
natii0817
Intrafin
jovjov
entourage
pietrone
caponetti
Olga
40 posters
Go down
L

Preselection - Page 2 Empty Re: Preselection

Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:27 pm
Antonnio, were do you get this info? I believe it sounds more like the selection for the EC than for the EP, where there is no "blue book stage"? In the e-mail I received it states that:

"I am pleased to inform you that you have been shortlisted for a traineeship for university graduates in the General Secretariat of the European Parliament, Directorate-General for Presidency (...) subject to your application being complete and eligible.(...) The present letter does not constitute an offer of a traineeship. The offer will be sent to you by email once my service has checked all of the above-mentioned documents received by the indicated deadline."

To me it suggests that we will get the offer if our documents check out or am I missing something?

Thanks
Antonnio

Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:42 pm
They need a reserve list of candidates out of which they have to choose candidates in case some selected applicants turn the offer down in the last moment. Maybe they have changed their policy but to be sure you can email them whether following the submission and successful passing of docs check, applicants are considered selected. If you check previous years' intake on this forum, you will notice that final selection is typically announced around the end of December of early January. If someone posts a message here that they have received an email stating that they are in the reserved list and asked to submit documents as well, then your offer would seem as almost sure of getting the place assuming your documents are fine.
barmateos

Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:55 pm
For what I've understood from the specific regulations (and the useful FAQ they have: http://www.europarl.europa.eu/pdf/traineeships/815664EN.pdf ) of the EP procedure, there is no blue book like in the EC traineeship. Once you get shortlisted/preselected, your definite admission depends only of the submission of the required documents. They esentially pick you based on what they've seen from your online application (and the phone interview if they decided to do so).

So I'd say almost for sure that you've been selected for the traineeship!
Gord1

Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:07 pm
Congratulations for those preselected, anyone here applied for DG of Communication?

From my last experience with this process, I got a letter informing me that I am on the reserve list at the same time others were selected. I was never pre-selected, straight to the reserve list.

Intrafin

Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:43 pm
One of current interns that I know was immediately informed as "elected" and documentation validation was after he got elected. Kind of weird, you would expect preselction->document checking->elected type of development, but it was elected->document checking.

Also, we received an email at the same day, he got elected and I was put on a reserve list. We applied for different DG/s.
Gord1

Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:50 pm
Maybe DG for Presidency has a different process, or they are doing things differently this year!

Antonnio

Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:52 pm
Alright, it does seem that the EP works differently then. The question is, are all DGs sending emails around the same time or they work individually. I know that during the years some candidates have got a phone call while others were not contacted for an interview. Maybe by the end of this or next week things will get cleared.
gilo91

Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:40 pm
Any news from the Directorate-General Internal Policies?
mavb

Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:07 pm
Hi Gord1
I have applied for DG Communications as well but I haven't received any answer yet.
Gord1

Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:11 pm
mavb wrote:Hi Gord1
I have applied for DG Communications as well but I haven't received any answer yet.

Hopefully we will hear something soon, best of luck!
M-M

Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:44 am
Earlier this week i also got an email like L received, from dg communications. Its just that i really have no idea whether it means i get the traineeship or is it just some kind of pre-selection. A friend of mine who was a trainee in the last session got only a phone call and after that a traineeship offer via e-mail.
european

Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:47 am
Hello everyone,
earlier this week I got an email too, DG Parliamentary Research Services. So hope to see some of you in Luxembourg then! Wink
M-M

Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:53 am
Congrats european!
almond89

Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:59 am
Hello guys,

what was stated in your emails?

shortlisted-selected-preselected?

european

Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:05 am
Thanks @ M-M!

"shortlisted" it reads, but I would go with barmateos and L. I found the FAQ to be quite clear on that, actually - although you can never know, of course Smile

Hm it is off-topic regarding "Preselection", but I guess there are not enough people here yet to start another thread Wink : does someone know of a good overview on which DG being in which city? in the FAQ, it states that just 10% of the trainees are in Luxembourg..
pietrone

Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:12 am
Hi guys and congrats for the positive answers!

Has any of u been contacted by the DG External Policies? (Either by receiving a phone call or by e-mail)

Thanks a lot!
candidate

Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:32 am
european, did you receive the message on Tuesday? Some other applicants commented that they got the email two days ago so if you received it round the same time then the selection stage might be done.
barmateos

Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:53 am
pietrone wrote:Hi guys and congrats for the positive answers!

Has any of u been contacted by the DG External Policies? (Either by receiving a phone call or by e-mail)

Thanks a lot!

I applied for DG External Policies and haven't heard anything about them yet... what about you?

Still, it's pretty early to know if we got selected or not, although as we've seen it clearly depends on the DG or department we applied to!
pietrone

Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:55 am
Hi barmateos,

I haven t heard anything as well... Plus I am working in Thailand and I am worried that they might have some issues if they decide to contact me by phone...

Best of luck! Wink
european

Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:57 am
candidate wrote:european, did you receive the message on Tuesday? Some other applicants commented that they got the email two days ago so if you received it round the same time then the selection stage might be done.

I am sorry to confirm that, I got it Tuesday afternoon as well.
Nathalie

Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:00 pm
Hi everyone, Tuesday I received an email that I am shortlisted for DG Communication. I have to send the required documents by 2 December.

''The present letter does not constitute an offer of a traineeship. The offer will be sent to you by email once my service has checked all of the above-mentioned documents received by the indicated deadline. If you send us the above-mentioned documents after the indicated deadline or if the file is not complete your application will be rejected''

So I assume that the shortlisted candidates will receive an offical offer if their file is complete and eligible.
Gord1

Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:30 pm
Congratulations for those selected, I think the preselections are done and those of us whom have not heard anything means they are not selected.

Best of Luck to everyone

Intrafin

Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:35 pm
I have just received an email that I have been put on reserve list for DG Presidency.
Which is kindo of weird since I DID NOT APPLY for that DG. I applied for finance and external relations.
Does anyone have any info on that? Could it be DG fiannce or ext rel is part of presidency?
Gord1

Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:52 pm
I was placed on the reserve list for "General Secretariat of the European Parliament".

The email did not even mention a specific Directorate..

I have no clue what is going on..
Intrafin

Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:55 pm
Gord1 wrote:I was placed on the reserve list for "General Secretariat of the European Parliament".

did they ask u to upload documents? they put me on a reserve list and asked to sent documentation.
Gord1

Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:59 pm
Intrafin wrote:
Gord1 wrote:I was placed on the reserve list for "General Secretariat of the European Parliament".

did they ask u to upload documents? they put me on a reserve list and asked to sent documentation.

They did ask me to send them documents before the 4th of December
SabıhaKaptan

Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:06 pm
Hi guys!

I got an e-mail on Tuesday that I've been shortlisted for a traineeship at Policy Department for External Relations.
They also asked from me to send them doc. by 2 Dec.

Still I wonder will I be accepted after they check my doc. and should I lobby or somethig, any idea?

Because in EC they do it a lot and in Parliament some people say you have to while other say there is no lobby procedure there?
almond89

Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:07 pm
SabıhaKaptan wrote:Hi guys!

I got an e-mail on Tuesday that I've been shortlisted for a traineeship at Policy Department for External Relations.
They also asked from me to send them doc. by 2 Dec.

Still I wonder will I be accepted after they check my doc. and should I lobby or somethig, any idea?

Because in EC they do it a lot and in Parliament some people say you have to while other say there is no lobby procedure there?

As far as I know, the lobby applies only for EC.
Intrafin

Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:19 pm
Do you know if reserve list is for all those that were not (pre)selected? Is anyone being rejected or just put on reserve list?
natii0817

Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:34 pm
Gord1 wrote:
Intrafin wrote:
Gord1 wrote:

They did ask me to send them documents before the 4th of December

was placed on the reserve list for "General Secretariat of the European Parliament". I was also put on the deserve list for the general secretariat. But I don't understand whether I have to send the documents by the 4th December and then will have to wait until the 22 January to find out if i got a place, or wait for another email before the 4th and will need to send the documents then. In any case I'm sure no one will decline their place, so I'm nit even raising my hopes up. But good luck to all and congrats to those who were offered the traineeships!! Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum