Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preselection

+22
dududuch
Teo 88
annalo
txjuice
_mb_
izabean
Lina88
jamesob
mr bean
denidori
travisfull
nkshaohua
maria24
andradaiulia
Beata.T
luizzaa
angelapia
emem
Danisha
VDM
lucia_roman
Merinz
26 posters
Go down
Merinz

Preselection Empty Preselection

Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:57 am
Hi everyone! I applied for the march 2014 European Parliament traineeship.. Any news about the preselection?

Preselection Empty Re: Preselection

Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:35 pm
Hello ! Yes , I applied, but still no news .. Maybe later in december? Do you know when should be some answer?
Merinz

Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:17 am
• Two to three months before the starting date, applicants will be informed about the outcome of the procedure (unsuccessful, waiting list, preselected applicants).
• Preselected applicants will be asked to confirm their participation and send all the supporting documents to the Traineeships Office, together with the printed and signed copy of their application form.
• Once the preselection has been completed, and provided your file is complete and admissible, you will be sent an admission letter and certain useful information.
Merinz

Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:23 am
I guess we'll have to wait at least until december Sad

I'm italian and I have a "law background".. What about you? Do you have any idea about how many people applied?

Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:45 pm
I am architect from Latvia...But I have worked administrative type of work..
We are small country and the total number of applicants from my country will not be dramatic high if compare to other countries..but I guess the competition will be very tough.. I just applied for the first time. I see people here applying also to other EU institutions. How about you?
Merinz

Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:30 pm
I also applied for the European Commission: over 14,400 applications of whom 4,400 from italian candidates O.O
Unfortunatelly I wasn't preselected Sad

Fingers crossed for me and you my friend Smile

Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:50 am
Lets hope so Smile And good luck!!!
lucia_roman

Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:40 pm
Has anybody heard whether the European Parliament does phone interviews, like the DGs?
lucia_roman

Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:57 pm
It looks like that the DGs received last week the list of candidates for their Directorates.
They are currently going over the applications. Quite surprisingly, some unit are making also interviews (but they do let you know about it first and offer you a time slot - quite polite of them). They are easy ones - motivation, language skills, etc.
Apparently, each units will pass on the the Traineeship Office the list of candidates they prefer, but the TO will have the final say. Technically, they give us the answer in aprox 3 weeks.
Merinz

Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:20 am
Lucia_roman, where did you get those info?
lucia_roman

Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:22 pm
Because I was called for such an interview. But I do not know whether the interview is a general rule. After checking up on one of my interviewees, I saw that he got transferred from a EC DG to a Parliament Unit, so he might have brought new practices with him. So this might be an exception, and not the rule. Otherwise, the schedule is consistent with past rounds, normally by mid December the results are out.
VDM

Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:43 pm
Ahoy everyone,

I am a Belgian, have two MA's (History and International Politics) + a first experience as an intern in a Brussels based think tank. I really hope that I am - at least - preselected, but I know the competition is really tough and is in effect a lottery.
Danisha

Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:46 pm
@Lucia_Roman: where you contacted for such an interview in this application round? and for a traineeship at the EP?

@everyone: has no one heard if they have been successful yet? 2-3 months before the start of the traineeship, guess we won't hear until January..
lucia_roman

Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:33 pm
Yes and yes.

No answer yet.
Danisha

Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:35 pm
Thanks Lucia_Roman! Can I ask when you were contacted?
lucia_roman

Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:38 pm
They sent me last week an email to propose me some time slots, and then we agreed on yesterday.
I actually feel I have really really really messed it up, as it was my first interview over the phone. But it was a good drill for the Commission (if I will get any call from them in December)...
Danisha

Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:42 pm
I think it's quite normal to think that we messed up in interviews, because we have most on the line, so we want it to be perfect. But most of the things that you feel didn't go as well as you would have liked, are probably things they haven't even noticed Smile - which DG contacted you? And yeah great practice for the 'circus' of getting an EC traineeship! I'm awaiting final confirmation of the pre-selection too. Fingers crossed! Are you planning to lobby?
lucia_roman

Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:51 pm
Imagine that I had a list with 10 key-words that I was supposed to mention (skills and knowledge), and I didn't say anything related to any of them.

It was DG Ipol (my first choice) - Codecision and Conciliation unit.

As for lobbying EC, yes, I think I will- it is unavoidable, with so many others good candidates, if you want to get noticed...
Danisha

Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:53 pm
however, you didn't lobby for EP traineeships?
lucia_roman

Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:55 pm
No, I didn't even know how to get in contact with them.
emem

Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:53 pm
thanks for all the information so far. anybody else got contacted by the other DGs so far?
angelapia

Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:28 am
Hello everybody!!!!
Thank you for sharing with me this long and crazy period… Rolling Eyes Exclamation Question cyclops 

I am really confused about the all selection process both for EC and EP traineeship.
do you know if EP will give us an answer either + or -??????

lucia_roman
when you say “It looks like that the DGs received last week the list of candidates for their Directorates“ are you referring to EC or EP? And, were you interviewed by EC or EP? I apologise in case you have already clarified these points but I have tried to go back in previous posts and I have not found the answer.
Thank you in advance Wink  and good luck to everybody!!!!
luizzaa

Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:27 pm
Last year the successful candidates received emails from the EP on the 17th of December so I think we shall hear from them soon..Good luck to everyone!
Beata.T

Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:29 pm
Hi Everyone, I have just received an email from the European Parliament DG for Translation that my application has been shortlisted for the translation traineeship starting in April. What about you guys?? I am wondering what the chances of preselected candidates are to be actually offered a traineeship. As it seems you soon will hear whether you are preselected or not. Good luck to everybody!!!
andradaiulia

Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:24 pm
Hello  Very Happy 

It's my very first time applying to the EP Traineeship (the General option) and I am a bit confused. If I was not contacted by the EP up to this point (no interviews, no other emails, etc.), does it mean I am out of the race or there is still room for hope?
Danisha

Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:16 am
andradaiulia wrote:Hello  Very Happy 

It's my very first time applying to the EP Traineeship (the General option) and I am a bit confused. If I was not contacted by the EP up to this point (no interviews, no other emails, etc.), does it mean I am out of the race or there is still room for hope?

I really couldn't say, it's my first time too. Guess will hear for better or worse eventually...
andradaiulia

Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:14 pm
News, anyone?
maria24

Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:50 pm
So far no e-mails.
nkshaohua

Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:19 am
no news... Mad 
travisfull

Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:47 am
guys, we are going to receive an email? I mean, both the pre-selected and the non pre-selected candidates?
Someone from the past session can give us infos.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum