Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dates of pre-selection

+42
b00tsi3
nomedellarosa
azkona
Louisa
zarag
dovilesl
Virgilijus
Atsi
jluque
jaspered
Stan(Non-EU)
binhtran
lolalyw
Lappa
Oksana
LisanneP
HMDB_
hannyazsofia
Alx
masdar
Arnie
Ambra
swe1
Pajarita
vlad91
Peter_Peter
Werther1774
masraci
peejay
ginestra
c_l
glintt
Lemaitre
belledenuit
traineeship5
feders91
Geo23
Bleue
zrow
Alessi
nrogulse
CarMH
46 posters
Go down
Arnie

Dates of pre-selection - Page 3 Empty Re: Dates of pre-selection

Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:56 pm
Hi everyone!
I also received an email about my application being valid, although for me it was about the application for the CoR.

swe1 wrote:Hi everyone!
I just got an email stating my application is valid - I am guessing you have all received that email already?
Good luck to us all:)

Swe1, was that email regarding the Commission traineeship?
masdar

Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:15 pm
Hi everyone! when you receive the notification of the received email,please be kind enough to indicate the country of origin and the type of traineeship (Translation or general) otherwise you just generate a big amount of PANIC! Tnx ;-)
Alx

Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:24 pm
I also received the mail from the CoR, and I got excited as well for a moment and then realized what it was.

May I ask what is the deadline for uploading the documents to your account? (Perhaps after that deadline they will redistribute some places of people who did not upload the documents).
hannyazsofia

Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:55 am
Hey everyone, I also got the e-mail of CoR and for a second my heart stopped beating - I applied to EC General and I am freaking out at the moment because I did not get any e-mail so far (Hungary)

BTW I just checked last year's forum and they got letters from 26th March till 2nd May so we should not worry - should we? ergh
LisanneP

Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:35 am
Hi everyone,

I received an e-mail saying I have been pre-selected for the Blue Book, but I was wondering if any of you know how to upload the required documents? The mail says: "... it is compulsory to upload all the supporting documents mentioned in the list below in PDF format to your ECAS account between the 13th of April and the 22nd of April 2015." When I log into my ECAS account, however, I cannot find a button to upload my docs. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!
HMDB_

Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:09 pm
Still have not heard anything although I feel like my profile is pretty good.. Sad
Are there any other Dutch people that did hear back from the EC? I am just hoping they did not finish reviewing the applications as my roomie did not hear anything either..
HMDB_

Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:12 pm
Also, when I log into my account it seems as if I have two applications running.. anyone else experiencing this?
LisanneP

Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:14 pm
HMDB_ wrote:Still have not heard anything although I feel like my profile is pretty good.. Sad
Are there any other Dutch people that did hear back from the EC? I am just hoping they did not finish reviewing the applications as my roomie did not hear anything either..

I am Dutch..
LisanneP

Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:23 pm
HMDB_ wrote:Also, when I log into my account it seems as if I have two applications running.. anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, I'm seeing my application twice as well. I did find the upload button now, though. Thanks to your remark, actually! Dank!
Ambra

Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:38 pm
Yes guys, me too.
c_l

Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:42 pm
mee too, in my EC account i have 2 applications. there was only one until a few days ago. but unfortunatelly i didn`t receive any answer...

@LisanneP: when did you receive the email saying that you was preselected? today or friday?
LisanneP

Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:44 pm
c_l wrote:mee too, in my EC account i have 2 applications. there was only one until a few days ago. but unfortunatelly i didn`t receive any answer...

@LisanneP: when did you receive the email saying that you was preselected? today or friday?

I received the e-mail on Friday.
Antek21

Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:46 pm
LisanneP wrote:Hi everyone,

I received an e-mail saying I have been pre-selected for the Blue Book, but I was wondering if any of you know how to upload the required documents? The mail says: "... it is compulsory to upload all the supporting documents mentioned in the list below in PDF format to your ECAS account between the 13th of April and the 22nd of April 2015." When I log into my ECAS account, however, I cannot find a button to upload my docs. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

Same problem here. Both e-mail and the message in my account do not indicate where the pertinent documents should be uploaded. I found no such option in my ECAS account. I've been trying since yesterday to find a solution albeit with no success. Can anyone offer a helping hand? Immense thanks in advance.
binhtran

Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:48 pm

Thanks in advance!

After you log into your ECAS account, check the status of your application, you'll see an update on 10/04/2015 and a hyperlink "Important message regarding the preselection procedure". Click on it and scroll down the following page, you'll see the button to upload your docs Wink

Dates of pre-selection - Page 3 Untitl10

Dates of pre-selection - Page 3 210

LisanneP

Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:51 pm
Antek21 wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Same problem here. Both e-mail and the message in my account do not indicate where the pertinent documents should be uploaded. I found no such option in my ECAS account. I've been trying since yesterday to find a solution albeit with no success. Can anyone offer a helping hand? Immense thanks in advance.

Hey Antek21,

I just found the button once I noticed my application appeared twice in my ECAS account. Go to the version on the bottom and you will find the message confirming your pre-selection for the Blue Book, the same one you got in your e-mail. Click on it and scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll see the button you need to upload your docs.
LisanneP

Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:53 pm
binhtran wrote:

Thanks in advance!

After you log into your ECAS account, check the status of your application, you'll see an update on 10/04/2015 and a hyperlink "Important message regarding the preselection procedure". Click on it and scroll down the following page, you'll see the button to upload your docs Wink

Thanks, binhtran! I found it once I realised my application appeared twice in my ECAS account!
swe1

Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:00 pm
Arnie mine was also for the CoR
masraci

Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:02 pm
Mine too
Antek21

Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:02 pm
binhtran wrote:

Thanks in advance!

I can swear that option wasn't there before you sent your reply Razz Thanks so much for the immediate response. Saved my day. Really appreciated! @LisanneP thanks also. I owe you both couple of Beers in Brussels!
hannyazsofia

Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:06 pm
c_l wrote:mee too, in my EC account i have 2 applications. there was only one until a few days ago. but unfortunatelly i didn`t receive any answer...

I have the same issue since Friday but still no answer Sad(
LisanneP

Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:11 pm
Antek21 wrote:
binhtran wrote:

Thanks in advance!

I can swear that option wasn't there before you sent your reply Razz  Thanks so much for the immediate response. Saved my day. Really appreciated! @LisanneP thanks also. I owe you both couple of Beers in Brussels!

Oooh, if only... Smile
c_l

Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:55 pm
One question: did anyone recieve an acceptance email (for preselection - general traineeship) in other day except friday- 10/04/2015? i mean today or yesterday/monday?
c_l

Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:04 pm
The EC website has been updated: http://ec.europa.eu/stages/index_en.htm

Those who didn`t receive an email until now have not been included in the Blue Book:

<<All candidates will receive an email informing them of the outcome of the preselection exercise around end of May.
Candidates pre-identified for inclusion in the Blue Book were sent an e-mail message inviting them to upload their supporting documents.
If you did not receive such a message, you were not among the pre-identified candidates.
Please do not write to receive individual feedback now. You are of course welcome to apply again for the March 2016 session.>>

Last edited by c_l on Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
c_l

Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:07 pm
Congratulations for those preselected and good luck! cheers

Sorry for the others..(including myself) Sad
HMDB_

Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:12 pm
Ah that's too bad! Lisanne could I ask you your profile? As I am pretty interested who does get in then of my fellow dutchies haha
c_l

Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:19 pm
What do you think? if some of the pre-identified candidates fail to upload the requested documents, will the traineeship office pre-identify the remaining candidates, those who were not pre-identified by now?
HMDB_

Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:28 pm
I think because only a small percentage of the pre-identified is chosen in the end, they probably will go with the selected candidates..
Werther1774

Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:46 pm
Werther1774 wrote: Will my chances of entering the legal market in Brussels be significantly higher?

From my experience as a stagiaire in Brussels, past experience at the Commission is certainly no prerequisite but might be helpful to get your foot into the door if (and only if) you've worked at DG COMP or the legal service. Your education (i.e. your uni's reputation & your grades) and your ability to qualify as a (foreign) lawyer at the Brussels bar will nonetheless be significantly more important.[/quote]

Thank you for your answer, I was thinking the same. In fact, I would only accept a position at DG COMP, anything else would be a waste of time for me. As regards the bar qualification, I do not think it is necessary to be qualified at the Brussels bar for someone specializing in antitrust law, provided that you are qualified in another European jurisdiction.
jvs

Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:48 pm
I got the preselection email for the translation traineeship.

My profile: Belgian, BA English and Dutch linguistics, MA English and French translation. No impressive grades nor an Erasmus exchange. I don't think I stand a chance but I'm gonna try anyway pirat

Btw, can anyone tell me if potential translation trainees are expected to lobby as well?
Oksana

Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:39 pm
yes.... I have 3 master degrees, 9 years experience as director of organization, a lot of international projects.... but it was not enough to be pre-selected Sad
Last time I was pre-selected with worth application. For the second time I decided to make better application - prepared everything very seriously Sad But...it looks that sometimes worth gives better results Sad There is no chance to understand evaluation of our applications Sad
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum