Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lobbying process

+85
Ingen
diana_jarv12
msg
cp2010
sgarei
magdalena_
simonsimon
ElizabethBennet
agri trainer
Deny
isa5
yian11a
cagliostro70
Slutsky
Dingo
mmcdonald
soof
HearSay
paula88
chilled
vomit75
Someuropa
cazz_89
manuyoo
europe4all
Ena
amra
AM123
gabor89
graninigloups
Londoner
sandman
SuSa11
elvis4ever
D.A.G
Ania
palua
thomas04
Sasha89
Thaily
mms
slav
MarkVHS
roller_coaster
joel1
nikolina.m
Molina
ejkej
EUtrainee
V88
beebee
alex88
angelapia
suzan
messi88
zupa24
Kat227
maud158
LaLaLand
ccro
msjoy
law2law
MarketaCZ
Lawyer10
Saar
keenbeans
XantManos
heda
Mims
Raluca_M
etoilefilante
DeZavala
Bleue
kris123
Petroselinum
MartaPL
coolup
Linnamaria
blinkblink
MissQuin
grazia
lucia_roman
Lidohan
NicBed
cjlind87
89 posters
Go down
alex88

Lobbying process - Page 4 Empty Re: Lobbying process

Thu May 08, 2014 9:45 am
Hi guys,

I have also received the e mail for the pre-selection and I thought for the lobbying process I should have contacted with the e mail of the DGs indicated in the e mail, but apparently it seems is better to contact directly the units. Should I call them? Because the e mails adressed are not available.
MarketaCZ

Thu May 08, 2014 10:23 am
alex88 wrote:Hi guys,

I have also received the e mail for the pre-selection and I thought for the lobbying process I should have contacted with the e mail of the DGs indicated in the e mail, but apparently it seems is better to contact directly the units. Should I call them? Because the e mails adressed are not available.

Don't worry I had the same problem, you have to find the names of people you want to contact and then you put firstname.name@ec.europa.eu or @eeas.europa.eu
beebee

Thu May 08, 2014 10:34 am
Hey guys,

Did anyone hear anything from DG Environment or DG Research?
alex88

Thu May 08, 2014 12:01 pm
Thanks MarketaCZ! Bt the way, if I try to contact the DG is useless?
keenbeans

Thu May 08, 2014 1:46 pm
I am a bit lost. I had three interviews, and all of them (or at least 2) told me they were going to shortlist me.

The Traineeship Office informed me that from next Monday onwards services are able to reserve trainees. Now there's one unit I particuarly want to work with, and I told the TO that who then replied saying they will let the other units know.

Does that mean I just ran the risk of potentially ruling out the other two units because they will no longer focus on me, while my preferred unit might still take someone else instead?

This entire selection process is incredibly opaque.
etoilefilante

Thu May 08, 2014 2:32 pm
Have an interview today with DG Enlargement. Fingers crossed!
XantManos

Thu May 08, 2014 2:47 pm
@etoilefilante

Good luck and fingers crossed for you! What did they ask you and have you learned anything for the shortlists of DG Enlargement?
suzan

Thu May 08, 2014 3:34 pm
Hej Guys! Any idea of how many names does the shortlist contain? 3?
coolup

Thu May 08, 2014 3:44 pm
Yes, I think they don't have right to shortlist more than three candidates and I guess there is logic in that rule.
Lidohan

Thu May 08, 2014 3:52 pm
Just receive email from DG Competition, Unit B1 - Antitrust - Energy and Environment that they already filled their trainee position. Same thing at Secretariat-General, unit for Evaluation, Regulatory Fitness and Performance.
MarketaCZ

Thu May 08, 2014 4:09 pm
alex88 wrote:Thanks MarketaCZ! Bt the way, if I try to contact the DG is useless?
If the DGs accept lobbing you have to write directly to units...
MartaPL

Thu May 08, 2014 5:25 pm
keenbeans wrote:I am a bit lost. I had three interviews, and all of them (or at least 2) told me they were going to shortlist me.

The Traineeship Office informed me that from next Monday onwards services are able to reserve trainees. Now there's one unit I particuarly want to work with, and I told the TO that who then replied saying they will let the other units know.

Does that mean I just ran the risk of potentially ruling out the other two units because they will no longer focus on me, while my preferred unit might still take someone else instead?

This entire selection process is incredibly opaque.

Hey,

Could you tell us which units?
grazia

Thu May 08, 2014 5:29 pm
etoilefilante wrote:Have an interview today with DG Enlargement. Fingers crossed!
Ey Etoliefilante, can I ask you for which country?
alex88

Thu May 08, 2014 5:47 pm
Another question, for the interviews they contacted you directly with a phone call?
etoilefilante

Thu May 08, 2014 7:01 pm
So crazy thing happened - waiting for my phone interview to call - I get a call from another division. Both DG Enlargement. One was planned and one was impromptu. Basic questions - why are you interested in enlargement, what are your strengths, what do you think the future of enlargement is. Should hear a yes/no early next week.
suzan

Thu May 08, 2014 7:10 pm
etoilefilante wrote:So crazy thing happened - waiting for my phone interview to call - I get a call from another division. Both DG Enlargement. One was planned and one was impromptu. Basic questions - why are you interested in enlargement, what are your strengths, what do you think the future of enlargement is. Should hear a yes/no early next week.

So guys confirmation that I'm getting things right: The shortlists are being finalized tonight (and send to the TO office?) Early next week they are doing the matching exercise to check who is out and who is in and where exactly...

Is this how you understand the procedure? Plus, do you think they are going to inform us immediately of the outcome or we will have to wait for an official offer? I guess this last one may take a while due to the big amount of administrative work to do
MarketaCZ

Thu May 08, 2014 7:13 pm
alex88 wrote:Another question, for the interviews they contacted you directly with a phone call?

yes with a hidden number!
keenbeans

Thu May 08, 2014 7:20 pm
suzan wrote:
etoilefilante wrote:So crazy thing happened - waiting for my phone interview to call - I get a call from another division. Both DG Enlargement. One was planned and one was impromptu. Basic questions - why are you interested in enlargement, what are your strengths, what do you think the future of enlargement is. Should hear a yes/no early next week.

So guys confirmation that I'm getting things right: The shortlists are being finalized tonight (and send to the TO office?) Early next week they are doing the matching exercise to check who is out and who is in and where exactly...

Is this how you understand the procedure? Plus, do you think they are going to inform us immediately of the outcome or we will have to wait for an official offer? I guess this last one may take a while due to the big amount of administrative work to do

The official email will be sent on 2 June earliest from the TO. Nothing else counts (apparently). But I mean, if you get an email next week from your unit saying "Look, I know this isn't official yet, but just letting you kno we've booked you so no other unit can reserve you. See you in October" then surely that pretty much means you're in. I doubt they would retract their offer, but of course you never know.

This does mean, though, that one could call up the units one was interviewed by by the end of next week in case they didn't get in touch with you regarding the outcome of the application, right? I'm sure they will then be able to tell you whether they've booked you or not. But yes, one interviewer told me the deadline to send in shortlists was today (how many are shortlisted depends on each unit).
Lidohan

Thu May 08, 2014 7:26 pm
keenbeans wrote: The official email will be sent on 2 June earliest from the TO. Nothing else counts (apparently). But I mean, if you get an email next week from your unit saying "Look, I know this isn't official yet, but just letting you kno we've booked you so no other unit can reserve you. See you in October" then surely that pretty much means you're in. I doubt they would retract their offer, but of course you never know.

This does mean, though, that one could call up the units one was interviewed by by the end of next week in case they didn't get in touch with you regarding the outcome of the application, right? I'm sure they will then be able to tell you whether they've booked you or not. But yes, one interviewer told me the deadline to send in shortlists was today (how many are shortlisted depends on each unit).

Do you think that all the units have to submit their shortlists by this week? I wonder if people who did not receive any phone call have a chance of being shortlisted.
keenbeans

Thu May 08, 2014 7:52 pm
I believe the deadline is this week, yes. It's in their best interest because if they don't book us by the end of next week, the "best" trainees will be gone so I think IF a unit wants a trainee it will book him or her next week.

Having said that, remember that not all units conduct interviews. Besides, many get selected in August when those selected drop out for personal reasons. Happened to a friend of mine.
V88

Thu May 08, 2014 8:02 pm
I can confirm that DGs have already started sending recruitment requests to HR.
Or the quickest of them, at least, have Razz

Last edited by V88 on Thu May 08, 2014 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
MarketaCZ

Thu May 08, 2014 8:04 pm
I've got several e mails saying they will choose later. Legal service: the commission of all states will choose on 12th of may and they don't accept any lobbing and they are not contacting candidates. Some units of SG wrote me that they have to take their decision before 23rd of may.
So I don't know if they've already made their shortlists without contacting candidates and then they will make their final choice from these shortlists or if they will do their shortlits later.
etoilefilante

Thu May 08, 2014 8:11 pm
grazia wrote:
etoilefilante wrote:Have an interview today with DG Enlargement. Fingers crossed!
Ey Etoliefilante, can I ask you for which country?

Yes, Albania & Macedonia divisions.
etoilefilante

Thu May 08, 2014 8:16 pm
I think each DG has a different timeline. Just bc you didn't get an interview this week does not mean that you are out of the running. Some DGs do not interview and just send a selection email 3 weeks later (the case of my friend in EEAS a few years ago). Also, the EU institutions are closed tomorrow since it is the anniversary of the Schuman Declaration (1950) so do not expect any calls or emails tomorrow.
law2law

Thu May 08, 2014 8:49 pm
Did anyone have an interview with DG Trade?any unit.
alex88

Thu May 08, 2014 9:06 pm
there is any way to communicate a change in my telephone number to the Traineeship Office. Unfortunately I did not include my Chinese number in the application and I am in China now. Do you guys think if I contact them it would help? Stupid question, I know, but in this situation I want try everything.
suzan

Thu May 08, 2014 9:11 pm
alex88

You can't modify it, but I'm pretty sure the Traineeship Office can...It's a little late, as there were a lot of phone interviews happening this week, but it's still better to write them and let them know as soon as possible I guess
EUtrainee

Thu May 08, 2014 9:55 pm
alex88 wrote:there is any way to communicate a change in my telephone number to the Traineeship Office. Unfortunately I did not include my Chinese number in the application and I am in China now. Do you guys think if I contact them it would help? Stupid question, I know, but in this situation I want try everything.

Yes, you can!The same happened to me. I sent an email to EAC-STAGES-DESK3@ec.europa.eu on saturday and I received an email monday afternoon confirming they had changed it.

And I would say do not worry!anyway, they have your email! Wink 

Good luck!
grazia

Thu May 08, 2014 10:07 pm
Anyone heard from ELARG Bosnia or Serbia?
EUtrainee

Thu May 08, 2014 10:08 pm
Petroselinum wrote:Guys, do you have some information from inter-institutional relations units ? (no matter what DG)
Many thanks.

Hi!

I applied (and lobbied) for Inter-institutional relations Units too. Most of them within the Secretariat-General but also from others DG. I have received 2 answers so far. Unfortunately, none of them will have trainees next session.

- DG Competition- Unit A.5
- Secretariat General. Unit B.2

Neither the following ones (not properly Inter-institutional):
-Secretariat General- Unit B.3 (Ethics)
- Secretariat General- Unit A.3 (Written, Empowerment and Delegation Procedure, External Transmission)
- Protocol Service (I know it could sound wierd, but it's my dream "Unit").

How about you?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum