Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
jacksad

INTERVIEW with NO LOBBY AT ALL/ or after LOBBY - SHARE WITH US  Empty INTERVIEW with NO LOBBY AT ALL/ or after LOBBY - SHARE WITH US

Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:25 am
I saw there has been a lot of questions and doubts, there is no better way than this topic to answer them all.
Ok now thoose of You who got interviews confess to us like in church, DID U LOBBY and hear back or DID U NOT LOBBY and got a call. I see lot of ppl asking and lot of saying but noone has answered that clearly. It should show ppl for next year if they should lobby or not- FINAL EVIDENCE

I did not lobby at all and got 2 interviews.
Yana

INTERVIEW with NO LOBBY AT ALL/ or after LOBBY - SHARE WITH US  Empty Re: INTERVIEW with NO LOBBY AT ALL/ or after LOBBY - SHARE WITH US

Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:30 am
jacksad wrote:I saw there has been a lot of questions and doubts, there is no better way than this topic to answer them all.
Ok now thoose of You who got interviews confess to us like in church, DID U LOBBY and hear back or DID U NOT LOBBY and got a call. I see lot of ppl asking and lot of saying but noone has answered that clearly. It should show ppl for next year if they should lobby or not- FINAL EVIDENCE

I did not lobby at all and got 2 interviews.

I lobbied and got 2 interviews from dgs and units I did'n lobby, so I guess there is a little luck in the mix Smile
JakubCZ

INTERVIEW with NO LOBBY AT ALL/ or after LOBBY - SHARE WITH US  Empty Re: INTERVIEW with NO LOBBY AT ALL/ or after LOBBY - SHARE WITH US

Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:45 am
Hi!
I lobbied a little bit. I sent maybe 20 emails - mostly to one specific DG. However I got a call from a DG to which I lobbied just by 2 or 3 emails.

I think everything depends on the needs of the European Commission. I think that even before the pre-selection every Unit which is allowed to get a trainee prepares a description of the position. And then, when the BlueBook is open, they just compare this ideal describtion with candidate profiles. And which one matches the most... is selected or at least interviewd.

So I think it is better to be specific already in the application and to hope that there will be some position which is very close to the candidate profile. Last time I wrote a general application and received no call. This time I was more specific and obviously also more lucky. And then it is vital to lobby - maybe we shouldn´t even call it lobbying. It´s just letting the responsibles know that you are there and that they should take a look on your application...

To summarize - I got 2 phone interviews. Both Units very interesting and it seems that both would be interested in me too. So I chose the option which is more attractive for me. And now I´m ust waiting until the mid-January whether I really receive the official confirmation.

Good luck to all..Wink
SJ

Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:07 pm
I lobbied, maybe emailing 8 or 9 units. So far I've had 5 telephone interviews for different units, but I've only actually been called by 1 of the units I lobbied.

This stage of the application process is a little too cryptic for my liking.
magdalena_

Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:12 pm
Hi SJ, congrats Smile What DG/units did you get a call from?

travisfull

Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:20 pm
JakubCZ wrote:Hi!
I lobbied a little bit. I sent maybe 20 emails - mostly to one specific DG. However I got a call from a DG to which I lobbied just by 2 or 3 emails.

I think everything depends on the needs of the European Commission. I think that even before the pre-selection every Unit which is allowed to get a trainee prepares a description of the position. And then, when the BlueBook is open, they just compare this ideal describtion with candidate profiles. And which one matches the most... is selected or at least interviewd.

So I think it is better to be specific already in the application and to hope that there will be some position which is very close to the candidate profile. Last time I wrote a general application and received no call. This time I was more specific and obviously also more lucky. And then it is vital to lobby - maybe we shouldn´t even call it lobbying. It´s just letting the responsibles know that you are there and that they should take a look on your application...

To summarize - I got 2 phone interviews. Both Units very interesting and it seems that both would be interested in me too. So I chose the option which is more attractive for me. And now I´m ust waiting until the mid-January whether I really receive the official confirmation.

Good luck to all..Wink

Guys, thanks for sharing, but....20 emails don't mean "I lobbied a little bit". Its a massive lobbying!

As far as I am concerned, last time I lobbied and I didn't receive calls, this time I decided not to lobby at the end and I didn't receive calls so far.
SJ

Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:22 pm
magdalena_ wrote:Hi SJ, congrats :)What DG/units did you get a call from?

Hi Magdalena, thanks!

I've been interviewed by people from DGs Secretariat General, Movement, Trade, and Single Market. I hope something comes of one of them!
jacksad

Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:40 pm
20 mails is a little bit, than i wonder what is a lot 1000 plus? I thought 1 eamil for application to same Unit is already enough but here i see multpilications to same units wow i am impressed Smile
andradaiulia

Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:45 pm
Did you lobbied more then once (more then one email) to the same Unit? I didn't, because I didn't see the point of that (also didn't want to annoy them), one email expressing the interest should be enough, but then again, with all the lobbying, I did not received any calls, so what do I know? Apparently I was wrong Very Happy Laughing
erik12

Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:44 pm
I lobbied a lot. about 15 e-mails sent to different units.
I think that lobbying IS good.
I had 4 interviews and 2 of them where from DGs to where I lobbied.
I think that one interview happened just because I lobbied.
The second person that called me read my lobyying e-mail carefully and we discussed about it.
If you are a super-hero candidate perfect for one position there is no need for lobbying, but for others, with more general applications, lobbying indeed helps.
But yes, 15 e-mails was too much, I think you should send around 5.
Ellen1990

Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:21 pm
Hey! To which email address you sent it to?are they the ones that were on the email received? Thanks a lot!
erik12

Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:56 am
No, you have to send to the head of units, not to the DGs.
Riga

Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:57 pm
Didn't lobby, but got a call from the unit that really suits my background.
Ellen1990

Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:03 pm
Guys! I didn't receive any phone call yet but we shouldn't worry. I spoke with the traineeship today and they told me that they won't be closed until Tuesday! So there is still time!Smile I don't understand why some people were saying that if we won't receive an calls before Friday we won't be selected! Do you know why?
kiar

Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:51 pm
erik12 wrote:I lobbied a lot. about 15 e-mails sent to different units.
I think that lobbying IS good.
I had 4 interviews and 2 of them where from DGs to where I lobbied.
lobbying indeed helps.
But yes, 15 e-mails was too much, I think you should send around 5.  

I believe if someone thinks lobbying is good, the number of emails sent, provided that these would be sent to all different units, shouldn't matter at all. So I wouldn't put a cap on 5 e-mails.

In other words, if you decide to lobby, why not contacting all the units you think you may have a suitable profile for? Be them 2 or 20?

It is not that you are sending 15 e-mails to the same person. So I would suggest that if somebody decides to go for lobbying, go all the way.

I decided to lobby and contacted around 10 units ( I would have contacted more if I had been particularly interested or thought that my profile fit some others).

Out of the interviews I have had (5) I had lobbied all of them and even a few of them made particular reference to the fact that I had explicitly contacted them.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum