Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Translation Traineeship in the EC

+21
mariacristeo
Rain
minnie mouse
ela_n
brulu
Katyna
silvyb88
flov
poppins
Molina
Ivyspirit
Crazy333
JuliaBia
lucia_roman
Ristujo
Greenie
mimi86
zacb
tadeiya
Martina_
Zuzana
25 posters
Go down
Greenie

Translation Traineeship in the EC - Page 3 Empty Re: Translation Traineeship in the EC

Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:44 pm
Yes, I am trying to keep their interest Wink Hopefully, tomorrow will bring us some good news. Good luck to you too  rendeer 
Molina

Translation Traineeship in the EC - Page 3 Empty Re: Translation Traineeship in the EC

Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:53 am
Maybe we should try mailing them... I dunno, if they would be able to tell us when the decision is to be made. It's gonna be a tough holiday! Smile Does anyone know whether the EC bureaus are closed between 24.12-6.01?
Katyna

Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:56 am
Yes, the EC offices' are closed between 24 Dec - 3 Jan.
silvyb88

Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:48 pm
Hi everyody! A few days ago, since we had no communication from them, I sent an email to the Traineeship Office asking about the selection for the Translation Traineeship. No answer so far. If they answer, I'll let you know.
Martina_

Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:02 pm
Hi everybody,

I had another look at an earlier email of DGT, informing me of my pre-selection, and they stated that "Placement offers will be sent out from mid-January." So I'm pretty sure we won't hear anything for another few weeks. Good luck to everyone and Happy Holidays!
Ivyspirit

Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:19 pm
I just noticed that the message "the eligibility check of your application is ongoing" disappeared from my account. Seems like I'm back to the first stage, when the only thing I could see was "Your application has been successfully submitted." Anyone in the same situation? I'm not sure how I should interpret this, since they haven't sent any confirmation... Did I pass the eligibility check or not?  Rolling Eyes 
Greenie

Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:55 pm
Mine has changed as well ("Your application has been successfully submitted"). So it's probably a good sign, isn't it? It means that our documents proved that what we stated about our education and job experience was true. I think we should interpret it to our favour  rendeer Maybe, they'll start calling in January.
Ristujo

Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:11 pm
I think it's safe to say this means we passed the eligibility check and we can breath a tiny, tiny sigh of relief before the big thing. So let's all enjoy our holidays and start panicking again in January.
 Happy Holidays and a stress-free New Year! santa
brulu

Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:04 pm
I'm afraid I don't understand... You were all asked to send your documents so the could check if what you stated was correct? Because I had the same message as you "The elegibility check is ongoing" and now it's disappeared but I never receive emails or requests from them...
poppins

Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:37 pm
Yeah, same here. As Brulu, I never got anything from them... So I don't think that means anything  scratch
Maybe they just change the status of all the candidates, despite their real situation...  Sad Sad 
Ivyspirit

Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:15 pm
A new message has been published in my account seconds ago! Check your accounts  Very Happy 
Ristujo

Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:17 pm
Looks like it's the exact same message we had at the end of the e-mail asking for our documents.
Ivyspirit

Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:19 pm
Not exactly, it's the confirmation that we passed the eligibility check. The number of applications now is four times higher than the number of available trainee positions, in the first message it was six times higher, at least in my case Smile
Ristujo

Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:25 pm
Oh yeah, you're completely right! :DThe odds are still pretty worrisome, but at least there are fewer people
brulu

Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:27 pm
So some of you were asked to send documents? And someone else has been selected/rejected without being asked to send documents? I don't get it.
Greenie

Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:31 pm
Yes, yes, you're right! We've passed the eligibility check  bounce "Four times higher"... so maybe some people didn't send their documents. And again they mention those informal interviews... Smile
Ivyspirit

Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:32 pm
Yes Smile Good luck everyone, Happy Holidays and a New Year with good news from the DGT  Smile santa 
Ivyspirit

Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:34 pm
For the non-translation traineeships, the interviews begun just after they received this message, so I guess we can expect the DGT to call us from now on... But since it's the holidays, I guess that will be in January...
Greenie

Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:35 pm
Yes, they will probably call in January. Merry Christimas and a great party for the New Year's Eve!  santa
poppins

Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:48 pm
Yeah, so the first email I get from them ever says to go check my account and "we regret to inform you..." hahaha So definitely that application status doesn't mean anything unless you've already got some news from them by email.
I'll try next time!!!
Good luck to you guys!!!!!!! Merry Christmas!!! Very Happy
Molina

Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:40 pm
Happy New Year everybody! I wish you all a positive and prompt response from the DGT Smile Anybody has received a call yet?
Ivyspirit

Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:45 pm
Happy New Year! No call for me yet... Crying or Very sad 
Greenie

Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:40 pm
T - 8 days... Maybe, they won't make any call interviews after all Smile
Martina_

Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:01 pm
Happy New Year Smile Nope, no call yet, I keep checking my phone and email but no news yet
Molina

Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:02 pm
I must say it gets pretty frustrating. I have other traineeship offers pending and I'm running out of ideas to postpone the final confirmation. I find it unfair that we are the last ones to get the info about being selected (@Greenie: you should get an infor before being selected as they need to check you availability, so I guess no news before 15.01 is not a good sign at all), the administrative trainnees are a few weeks ahead even though we are all supposed to start at the beginning of March. I'd rather have a good, firm "No", than not knowing what to do AT ALL. Sorry about the complaining but it really gets on my nerves.
Ivyspirit

Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:11 pm
I feel quite the same way, Molina... I have some important decisions to make and I really don't know what to do. I read other topics from the previous traineeship sessions and it appears that the ones that were not selected received their "NO" around January 10, so I'm really losing hope, since nobody contacted any of us to ask about our availability. I guess I'll focus on other projects, this already seems like a lost cause!
Greenie

Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:35 pm
Well, it's really strange that we're the last to know, considering there are fewer applicants for the translation traineeship. Especially, if it's true there are only 2 trainees per language and the number of candidates is four times higher. No idea why it takes so long... scratch 
Molina

Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:03 pm
Or maybe they already let know the lucky ones and we're simply out. Sounds plausible to me. So please if somebody reading this forum has any info bring some peace to our troubled souls and let us know! Smile
Martina_

Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:35 pm
I'm still positive because they won't start sending out offers before mid-January, so there's still plenty of time and hope. But yes, it's frustrating that we have to wait like forever for an answer from them...
Molina

Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:31 pm
And now it is possible again to download your application on your EC account. Suspicious... Wink
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum