Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Translation Traineeship in the EC

+21
mariacristeo
Rain
minnie mouse
ela_n
brulu
Katyna
silvyb88
flov
poppins
Molina
Ivyspirit
Crazy333
JuliaBia
lucia_roman
Ristujo
Greenie
mimi86
zacb
tadeiya
Martina_
Zuzana
25 posters
Go down
Zuzana

Translation Traineeship in the EC Empty Translation Traineeship in the EC

Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:00 pm
Hi!

I think it’s time that we open a topic only for Translation Traineeships in the EC. Has anyone received any news yet?

Martina_

Translation Traineeship in the EC Empty Re: Translation Traineeship in the EC

Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:00 pm
Hi!

That's a good idea! I've also applied for the Translation Traineeship but am still waiting for an answer. Good luck!
tadeiya

Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:05 pm
Me too. I hope they will inform us soon.
zacb

Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:14 pm
I am waiting too! no news for now
mimi86

Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:34 pm
Zuzana wrote:Hi!

I think it’s time that we open a topic only for Translation Traineeships in the EC. Has anyone received any news yet?

Great idea Zuzana! Wink 

up to now I haven't get any answer as well Neutral 

anyway, I read somewhere that there is a somewhat different procedure for translation traineeships... I mean that there is not pre-selection as it is for admistrative traineeships, but I didn't find further information on the topic, namely how it practically works for us or how long we are supposed to wait...

does anyone know something else?Smile
Greenie

Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:52 pm
Hi!
Check your e-mails. I have just got a message from this address: Dedislava.ANDONOVA@ec.europa.eu. It says I have been preselected for a translation traineeship. It also says:
Please note that the number of pre-selected candidates is approximately six times higher than the number of available trainee positions. Therefore, being preselected is no guarantee that you will be offered a trainee placement.
Language departments might contact you for an informal interview. Please bear in mind that these contacts are not binding and that only a written placement offer from the Traineeship Office Unit will confirm that you have been selected as a trainee. Placement offers will be sent out from mid-January.

So it seems there is a pre-selection procedure for translators after all. Has anyone else received the same message?
tadeiya

Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:44 pm
yes, I also received it (from Dedislava.ANDONOVA@ec.europa.eu). However, I got another, exactly the same email from Eac-Stages@ec.europa.eu. Is this DG for education and culture? It's strange...
Ristujo

Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:47 pm
Hey!

I also got the pre-selection message from Dedislava.ANDONOVA@ec.europa.eu, then a recall message from the same address which made my heart stop, and then, after I spent a few minutes cursing, the first message from Eac-Stages@ec.europa.eu Smile

My bet is that the person who sent the e-mails made a mistake and sent them from their personal account instead of the official one. The alternative that the entire thing was a mistake is too depressing... Sad

Has anyone else got a recall message?
tadeiya

Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:53 pm
I also received the recall message. OK, then it was probably a mistake Smile
Greenie

Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:27 pm
Yes, yes I also received a double message from Dedislava... and one from Eac. It seems it is their normal procedure Smile
mimi86

Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:40 pm
Congrats guys! Wink 

as Greenie says "it seems there is a pre-selection procedure for translators after all"...
as for me, I haven't received anything yet, unfortunately:( 
however, I don't understand this story of the two mails you got, and most of all why they have been sent from DG Education and Culture instead of DG translation... it seems pretty strange Rolling Eyes 
in addition, may I ask you where do you come from? in case the so-called "country theory" is true! I'm Italian...
congrats again!!! Very Happy 
Greenie

Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:17 pm
Thanks Mimi86 Smile Maybe they are trying to be sure you get the message. Don't give up hope there are hundreds thousands of e-mails to be sent. I'm from Poland Smile
Martina_

Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:06 pm
I received an email yesterday saying that I was pre-selected....so it seems that the DGT also has a special pre-selection procedure. Congrats to everyone, and for those of you who haven't heard anything yet...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!Smile 

By the way, does anyone else also have 2 'mothertongues'? I am just thinking how on earth I can prove to the European Commission that I was brought up speaking two languages Shocked I never had to study for it Wink
lucia_roman

Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:18 pm
Maybe you can add copies of the passports of your parents?
JuliaBia

Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:47 pm
Hello!

Congrats to all of you who have been pre-selected.
It's already December and I'm still waiting for an answer.Neutral  Has anybody received any kind of message recently??
Crazy333

Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:09 pm
JuliaBia wrote:Hello!

Congrats to all of you who have been pre-selected.
It's already December and I'm still waiting for an answer.Neutral  Has anybody received any kind of message recently??
Hello everybody,

I am also waiting for an answer from Translation Unit and until now nothing has happened. I have not got any rejection or preselection email for the Translation Traineeship in Marz 2014, so JuliaBia you are not alone.

Some people have already got preseletions emails but what is about rejections?

Have someone already got rejection email?

Good luck for everyone....

Ivyspirit

Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:19 pm
Hello,

Big question for the ones who received the "magic" email announcing that their application has been shortlisted for a DGT Traineeship: do you plan to lobby or not? I saw on other topics that people do lobby for different types of traineeships, but does this also apply for DGT? Question 
Ristujo

Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:51 pm
I don't see how it can apply to us since there's only one department per language. It's obvious we want to be picked for it Smile
Ivyspirit

Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:59 pm
I know, it would be sort of "pick meee, pick me"! Very Happy So all we can do is sit and wait for the final decision? By the way, do you know how this works for the DGT? We'll only know the answer starting mid-January, when they send the placement offers?
Molina

Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:33 pm
I can see that people applying for the administrative traineeships are already getting replies from the EC. I have no idea whether the DGT is also planning on contacting us that soon...

Fingers crossed guys!
poppins

Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:30 pm
Hi guys!!!
I have a question here. I applied for the Translation Traineeship but I haven't got ANY email since I sent my application. Like, ZERO emails. So I just assumed that I was rejected, but now my application status on the website says that "the eligibility of your application is ongoing" and I've just read (http://www.ectraineeship.info/ec-traineeship-pre-selection-eligibility-news/#comment-2085) that they've changed the process and now the eligibility is checked after the pre-selection. So does it mean I have been pre-selected even though I haven't received any email?
I'm very confused. What's written on your application status?

Good luck to everyone Smile)
Molina

Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:26 pm
Whoa, Poppins, that's a pretty strange case you've got there! If I were you, I would contact them directly either by sending an email to DGT-STAGES-CONTACT@ec.europa.eu or by calling them. BTW I still have the impression that I do not understand the whole prodcedure as for translation traineeships, so maybe wait for somebody with some more experience to respond... Why aren't there any messages from DGT yet and all others already know whether they have been accepted or rejected? Aghrrr, this whole waiting is getting on my nerves... Mad 
poppins

Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:30 pm
Thanks a lot, Molina!
Did you receive that email everybody is talking about in the other sections? Apparently it says that they should go check something on the ECAS website, but now the server is down...
Molina

Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:34 pm
Well, the first and the last time the EC has contacted me so far was on the 26th of Nov to inform that I have been shortlisted. I actually think that the famous today's mail was sent for the purpose of administrative traineeship, therefore to administrative candidates only and not to the translation ones. All I hope is that they won't keep us waiting until January... Knowing that you're out is better than clicking on "refresh" every 10 seconds...
poppins

Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:37 pm
Yeah absolutely... When I saw that you were getting the yes notifications I lost hope, but then I saw my application status and... what? I saw in the "Pre-selection" section there are other people in the same situation... but from the administrative traineeship I guess...
Have you checked your application status after the 26th of November?
Molina

Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:43 pm
Yes, I have actually logged in sucessfully just a minute ago. And, of course, nothing has changed "The eligibility check of your application is ongoing." So I guess DGT has still not made up their mind... But your case is really stange because the "eligibility check" logically means that they are going to compare your application form with the supporting documents, which we were supposed to send until the 4th Dec... That is why I find it hard to understand why they still updated your status to "eligibility check" without receiving any hard copies... Hope that I'm wrong...
poppins

Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:45 pm
Oh boyyyyy... In this case, I'm gonna write them right now...
Thanks a lot Molina.
flov

Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:59 pm
poppins, I'm in the same situation! The status of my application changed I think last Wednesday... I have received no emails... What's going on?
Would you please let me know when you get an answer? Thank you!
poppins

Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:05 pm
Yep, I'll let you know!
poppins

Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:59 pm
flov wrote:poppins, I'm in the same situation! The status of my application changed I think last Wednesday... I have received no emails... What's going on?
Would you please let me know when you get an answer? Thank you!

Flov, have you tried to email them too?
I haven't got any answer so far...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum