Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Answer from the Commission?

+19
esekhina
mihi
tadeiya
Summerwind
eeritrejaa
pamg
Pras
mermaid123
Stefanm
lucia_roman
alexandraamarandei
LM
lyra87
Milena99
JakubCZ
Mafalda M
travisfull
Laluna
lijbatkolija
23 posters
Go down
Greenie

Answer from the Commission? - Page 2 Empty Re: Answer from the Commission?

Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:53 pm
That's a relief then Smile Thanks tadeyia and travisfull. Hopefully, they will think about poor translators before mid-December Smile
Cara90

Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:29 pm
Hi,

First of all I would like to thank you all of you for your posts which help a lot! Razz
I've also applied for a translation traineeship and I haven't received either any e-mail but I think that on Monday we will be told as well if we are pre-selected or not because after all we also have to send all the required documents. I don't think that the DGT will directly select candidates without passing through pre-selection. It has been like this until now because all the supporting documents were sent right after having applied online, so all the applicants were sending the documents. But starting with March 2014 traineeships the procedure changed and only the pre-selected candidates must send the documents. So, I don't think that the DGT will choose candidates only according to their online application form. They need our supporting documents as well, so it means that we also have a chance to be told on Monday if we are pre-selected or not. What do you think?

By the way...I think it will be a loooong week-end for all of us!Smile Good luck to everybody!
konstantina88

Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:13 pm
Any news from EC? It's Friday..and we suppose to send the documents-if we are selected-from Monday,right?
Cara90

Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:32 pm
Not yet:( and yes, according to those who received the reminder e-mail, documents should be sent from Monday if we are PRE-selected. I think that we will all get the confirmation on Monday morning! best of luck!
Greenie

Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:40 pm
Well, maybe you're right, after all the DGT also needs some time to verify the printed documents. It would be great if we knew something on Monday. I don't have high hopes with almost 15,000 candidates on the list, but it's better to know.
Cara90

Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:38 pm
Hope is the last to die Greenie!Smile After all, not all of the 15,000 candidates applied for a translation traineeship...but you're right...that would be great if we knew something on Monday, at least we won't be so stressed anymore...
To be honest I don't have high hopes either but...we never know what Monday could bring:roll: 
lyra87

Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:39 pm
Cara90 wrote:Hope is the last to die Greenie!Smile After all, not all of the 15,000 candidates applied for a translation traineeship... 
I thought that the application statistics on the Ec traineeships office webpage refer only to administrative traineeships... Neutral 
Do you think the 14619 applications include also translation traineeships? Didn't the two applications have different deadlines?
Cara90

Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:05 pm
Well Lyra, I think that the 14619 applications include both administrative and translation traineeships. And if I remember well the deadline was the same for all. I may be wrong...who knows? But I think that they would have specified either different deadlines for each type of traineeship or different statistics (one for adm. and other for transl.). If you had a look at previous posts (for eg concerning the October 2013 traineeships) somebody has mentioned that he/she received an e-mail from DGT confirming that there were about 2000 and something applications for translation traineeships. The others, I think they were for the admn. That's why I was saying that probably from 14619 applications about 2000-3000 (or probably even more) must be for DGT while the others for other units
lyra87

Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:22 pm
Cara90 wrote:Well Lyra, I think that the 14619 applications include both administrative and translation traineeships. And if I remember well the deadline was the same for all. I may be wrong...who knows? But I think that they would have specified either different deadlines for each type of traineeship or different statistics (one for adm. and other for transl.). If you had a look at previous posts (for eg concerning the October 2013 traineeships) somebody has mentioned that he/she received an e-mail from DGT confirming that there were about 2000 and something applications for translation traineeships. The others, I think they were for the admn. That's why I was saying that probably from 14619 applications about 2000-3000 (or probably even more) must be for DGT while the others for other units
yes Cara90, you're probably right... I remembered a earlier deadline for translation but maybe that was for the EP. Do you know how many traineeships are available at DGT? They say there are 680 total.
Cara90

Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:27 pm
Lyra87, unfortunately I don't know how many traineeships are available at DGT so thanks for the information Smile Hopefully, we will receive the good news on Monday:) If not pre-selected, at least we won't be stressed anymore. I'm just hoping that this week-end will pass very fast:) Best of luck and fingers crossed!
Cara90

Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:56 pm
Hi,

has anybody, who applied for a translaation traineeship, received any e-mail today? Because I didn't:(
congratulations to those who did, and best of luck for the next stage!Smile
mimi86

Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:02 pm
Cara90 wrote:Hi,

has anybody, who applied for a translaation traineeship, received any e-mail today? Because I didn't:(
congratulations to those who did, and best of luck for the next stage!Smile
Cara90,

I also applied for a translation traineeship, but I haven't get any answer as well.... up to now at least! I was wondering if we will informed even though we haven't been pre-selected Shocked 
tadeiya

Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:07 pm
I also didn't get the email (yet). They will definitely inform us, but the question is when... (previous experience)
Greenie

Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:09 pm
No, I haven't received anything so far. So maybe they kept the procedure of informing the translators only at the selection stage. Besides, as far as I remember the last application session, the translators received e-mails and phonecalls at different times of the day and week, depending on their language combination. So the lack of news doesn't have to be a bad sign.confused 
Cara90

Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:17 pm
Thank you all of you for your answers!! So, as Greenie said, I suppose we will probably be informed only at the selection stage.
Mimi86, I was wondering the same, but once again I must quote Greenie that the "lack of news doesn't have to be a bad sign".
good luck guys and stay in touch if something happens:) 
mimi86

Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:28 pm
yeah, you are probably right Cara90! the point is that the wait is so tiresome... but all of you already know that! thanks anyway for sharing information and nervous feelings as well, why not?Very Happy fingers crossed while waiting from hearing news. Good luck guys! Laughing 
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum