Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
sunny87

Commission or Parliament? Empty Commission or Parliament?

Mon May 18, 2015 5:28 pm
Hello,

I was awarded two translation traineeships - at the European Commission (October-February) and at the European Parliament (July-September). I do not know which one to accept. Do any of you have some recommendations? Which one is "better"?
belledenuit

Commission or Parliament? Empty Re: Commission or Parliament?

Tue May 19, 2015 11:55 am
Hi and congratulations Smile. I don´t know which one is better, but I had a friend, who was a Commission trainee, saying the work in the Parliament is more diverse and interesting, but he was a lawyer and I am a translator Very Happy. I guess it depends on your interests and plans?
I have chosen the EP mainly because it works better for me timewise (I still have to go to university in autumn). And also because I am already in Belgium, so I wanted Luxembourg for a change Smile. But I have to say, that in the EC, I am only in the Blue book still and didn´t get an offer (yet?) - so I´m curious if it will happen as well, or not! But even if it did, I´m going to the EP.
belledenuit

Tue May 19, 2015 4:03 pm
ok, so I just got a phonecall earlier today and I was also accepted at the Commission Very Happy. Well then. What are you leaning towards at the moment? And what kind of traineeship are you doing Smile?
sunny87

Tue May 19, 2015 6:13 pm
I applied for a translation traineeship. I will choose the EC (apparently better traineeship organisation and the dates suit me more). But now I'm waiting for a response from the EP (I do not know if I can reject their offer if I had already accepted it). Do you know maybe know how this works? (We had to accept/decline the Parliament's offer by 17 May, but the EC started calling only this week.)
belledenuit

Wed May 20, 2015 9:03 am
it´s true that judging from the application/admission procedure itself, the EC seems more coordinated, in a way Smile. I don´t have any info, but I would say that until end of May, it should be fine, as they can still contact someone else on the reserve list... I have to officially decline my offer for the EC today. It breaks my heart having to decline Very Happy, but well, at least someone else will get the chance!
belledenuit

Wed May 20, 2015 11:21 am
btw. I haven´t read the email thoroughly until now, and I really thought the EC translation traineeships take place in Brussels!! Wow, I´m really surprised. But still going with the EP anyway Very Happy.
sunny87

Wed May 20, 2015 12:15 pm
Forgot to say in my previous comment: congratulations to you too Very Happy I think I will choose the EC. So, we won't meet apparently (unless you prolong your traineeship for another 3 months). I wish you good luck with your traineeship Smile
belledenuit

Thu May 21, 2015 1:17 pm
thank you! I think either is a good choice Wink. Best of luck to you too (yes, unfortunately, I´m sure not to prolong because of my studies, but well, you never know Very Happy).
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum