Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Answer from the Commission?

+19
esekhina
mihi
tadeiya
Summerwind
eeritrejaa
pamg
Pras
mermaid123
Stefanm
lucia_roman
alexandraamarandei
LM
lyra87
Milena99
JakubCZ
Mafalda M
travisfull
Laluna
lijbatkolija
23 posters
Go down
lijbatkolija

Answer from the Commission? Empty Answer from the Commission?

Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:14 pm
Hello fellow applicants!

My question to you is a straightforward one and I would really appreciate if somebody shares insight on this:

When would we know if we have been pre-selected for the Blue Book? Is there a set deadline (i.e. after the application deadline) or is it on an on-going basis?

Has anybody got an answer at all already?

Thanks,

Alexander
Laluna

Answer from the Commission? Empty Re: Answer from the Commission?

Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:46 am
It says mid-September/October. Everybody will hear something during the same period of time.
travisfull

Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:06 pm
generally the publish the exact date. Maybe in the next few days there will be further informations on the website.
Mafalda M

Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:25 pm
Hello! I'm new around here...
Does anyone received an answer from the commission regarding the pre-selection?
Tks!
JakubCZ

Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:52 pm
Hi!
I applied last time and got pre-selected. However than I have not been definitely selected, so I hope this time I´ll do better.

Last time they sent the email about pre-selection results on Friday after-noon. So maybe tommorrow? Or next week? nobody knows..:-)

Good luck!
Milena99

Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:39 pm
Hi there!
I think we will here something soon.
Good luck to everyone:)
lyra87

Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:45 am
JakubCZ wrote:Hi!
I applied last time and got pre-selected. However than I have not been definitely selected, so I hope this time I´ll do better.

Last time they sent the email about pre-selection results on Friday after-noon. So maybe tommorrow? Or next week? nobody knows..:-)

Good luck!
Hi JakubCZ,
since you got pre-selected last time I'd like to ask you what DG you had applied for and what happened after pre-selection. Did you send emails with your CV? Did they call or contact you for an interview?

thank you and good luck to everybody flower 
JakubCZ

Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:16 am
lyra87 wrote:
JakubCZ wrote:Hi!

Good luck!
Hi JakubCZ,
since you got pre-selected last time I'd like to ask you what DG you had applied for and what happened after pre-selection. Did you send emails with your CV? Did they call or contact you for an interview?

thank you and good luck to everybody flower 
Well, I did send my CVs, I did contact those DGs. However I got only general answers that they "carefuly examined my profile but they chose someone else."

But generally it seems good to send some emails. But there were people who didn´t send and they got accepted and even some of them were contacted and accepted by the DG they didn´t choose at the beginning.

I think there is not a concrete detailed system. It depends on the needs of every DG. But according to some webpages which advice candidates it´s good to lobby bounce Laughing
LM

Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:32 am
New info from the EC's Traineeship website:
You will be informed about the results of the pre-selections around end November 2013

Crying or Very sad 
JakubCZ

Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:45 am
LM wrote:New info from the EC's Traineeship website:
You will be informed about the results of the pre-selections around end November 2013

Crying or Very sad 
It´s not a good news. More and more weeks of waiting and incertitude. but what can we do...? Sad  in every case thank you for pointing it out..Wink
alexandraamarandei

Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:51 am
Hello everyone!

My name is Alexandra and I am new here. I am as intrigued as you are regarding the application and I must say that am I also confused because I do not understand quite well what is going on. For example, I have received that e-mail from EESC informing me that my application is valid and will be submitted to the European Economic and Social Committee's internal services. I have also checked my application status and it says: application form valid you can only check your data. And that is all.
So what should I do next beside waiting? Does anybody know how long it will be untill we receive the great news that we have to send the required documents?
Did someone received some information about this?

lucia_roman

Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:30 pm
First of all, congratulations on your selection!
Second of all, EC and EESC are two separate institutions, with separate selection procedures and schedules. And, most importantly, EESC receives a lot less applications than the EC thus requires less time to select their interns, I would assume. However, if you have applied for both, it is up to you to consider which one you want more. But don't run after two rabbits at once Wink :p. I am afraid we will have to wait for the reply from the EC by end November at the earliest.

As far as EESC is concernerd, if you don't have the information in the email, you should write them. You can also visit the website. Though I am no aware of their exact procedure, I believe you should send in a hard copy of your application file and wait for the internship contract. But double check with the EESC traineeship office.
Stefanm

Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:07 am
Did any of you receive an e-mail from the EC about the pre-selection? I still have nothing.
mermaid123

Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:23 am
Stefanm wrote:Did any of you receive an e-mail from the EC about the pre-selection? I still have nothing.
Yes, I did, yesterday actually. But it was just a reminder to get the documents prepared if we are confident we will get pre-selected (which will be out on 18Nov exactly), not the actual outcome of preselection.
Pras

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:43 am
Yes, I also received a mail yesterday. But I think it was just a reminder for the documents if we get selected. I think all the applicants received this, don't know for sure.
travisfull

Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:48 pm
I received to.
We will receive further mails probably in the next few days!

good luck to everyone!
pamg

Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:21 pm
Considering that we have from Nov 18th do Nov 24th to send the documents mentioned in the email, I suppose that we will know if we are pre-selected Nov 15th.
mermaid123

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:38 am
pamg wrote:Considering that we have from Nov 18th do Nov 24th to send the documents mentioned in the email, I suppose that we will know if we are pre-selected Nov 15th.
Dear,

It says we will know on Nov 18.
eeritrejaa

Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:02 pm
Does this mean we can start lobby on 18th or must wait if everything is ok untill 26th? What do you guys think? The sooner, the better? Smile
Summerwind

Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:23 pm
Hello all,

I have been following the discussions here and got great tips gor the application and about the selection procedure - thank you for those! Smile

I was wondering who the right recipient of the lobbying emails would be, maybe you would have some good ideas for that.. I wrote in my Motivation Letter that I would prefer working at the DG Taxation and more spefically, in a unit dealing with direct taxation. Thus, there are several units I'm particularly interested in. However, all the units are under a certain directorate so I was wondering whether I should send my e-mails direct to the heads of units or to the director of the directorate in question. What do you think is more appropriate?

Thank you for your answers beforehand!
travisfull

Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:50 pm
Summerwind wrote:Hello all,

I have been following the discussions here and got great tips gor the application and about the selection procedure - thank you for those! Smile

I was wondering who the right recipient of the lobbying emails would be, maybe you would have some good ideas for that.. I wrote in my Motivation Letter that I would prefer working at the DG Taxation and more spefically, in a unit dealing with direct taxation. Thus, there are several units I'm particularly interested in. However, all the units are under a certain directorate so I was wondering whether I should send my e-mails direct to the heads of units or to the director of the directorate in question. What do you think is more appropriate?

Thank you for your answers beforehand!
I really don't know who is the best recipient of your lobby emails.
Just think about the fact that we are not unanimous about the utility of lobbying. According to several former interns, it is actually completely useless.
tadeiya

Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:51 pm
Did you all get the reminder to get the documents prepared if we are confident we will get pre-selected? I didn't get anything. I hope they received my application...
mihi

Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:37 pm
tadeiya wrote:Did you all get the reminder to get the documents prepared if we are confident we will get pre-selected? I didn't get anything. I hope they received my application...
can you access your online application? you're supposed to be able to see it online.
tadeiya

Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:51 pm
yes, it says: Your application has been successfully submitted. But it's strange I haven't received any mail.
mihi

Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:59 pm
tadeiya wrote:yes, it says: Your application has been successfully submitted. But it's strange I haven't received any mail.
maybe it went to your spam? I don't know, I think all of us were supposed to receive this email.
esekhina

Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:08 pm
Right, i have got this email too. I think that on 18th November we all will have news Wink 
tadeiya

Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:12 pm
Ok, if I don't receive anything on the 18th, I'll be really worried. Thanks for your help Smile
Greenie

Answer from the Commission? Empty Pre-selection for translators?

Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:18 pm
Hi,
I see everyone has received an e-mail to keep the documents ready to send in print, but I haven't received any information at all. I think maybe it is because I'm applying for the translation traineeship and the DGT has no pre-selection. Has anyone applying for the DGT got such an e-mail?
tadeiya

Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:38 pm
Maybe that's the thing. I also applied for translation traineeship and didn't get any email.
travisfull

Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:57 pm
Greenie wrote:Hi,
I see everyone has received an e-mail to keep the documents ready to send in print, but I haven't received any information at all. I think maybe it is because I'm applying for the translation traineeship and the DGT has no pre-selection. Has anyone applying for the DGT got such an e-mail?
You are right!
I was checking the email that I received and it is specified:

"Reminder e-mail to all candidates for the administrative traineeship on the preselection requirements"
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum