Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brussels Accommodation

+10
JoMiBo
bdx
vieilca
arque
Lukrecja3333
Egell
Koko
EleonoraM.
DutchBB
concept.
14 posters
Go down
concept.

Brussels Accommodation  Empty Brussels Accommodation

Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:30 pm
Hi everyone!

Congrats to all of you for being selected sunny 

I  have one question regarding to finding a place to live. Can anyone maybe give advice on - should we pay attention to something specific while room-hunting related to transportation, heating, or anything else that could make our stay in Brussels easier?

For example, while I was living somewhere in south of Europe we weren't familiar with heating system of the city so in the end we were using electrical heater that resulted in bills higher than rent itself.

I guess it's still early to go for it since most of places are for summer rent now but if you have any idea in mind I'm up for sharing the place with couple of trainees more (3-4). I've shared flats in 3 different EU countries so I'm kinda addicted to flatmate way of life jocolor they say i'm easy-going girl to live with Wink While in Brussels, I'll be in DG Interpretation.

Cheers,
queen
DutchBB

Brussels Accommodation  Empty Re: Brussels Accommodation

Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:18 pm
Hi, regarding this topic: also if someone can give advice on which areas we should definitely avoid (especially women) and which phony websites, that would be much appreciated!
EleonoraM.

Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:14 pm
Hey,

I'm also willing to share a flat with other trainees.

@DutchBB, I don't have much information on the areas we should avoid, but I was told that St Joseph can be kind of creepy at night, especially if we walk alone. Ixelles and Etterbeck seem to be the best areas to live in, and St Gilles can also be an option.
I was strongly advised to always visit the place before, and never, in any circumstances, send money in advanced. Guess I'm going to Brussels 2 or 1 week before 1 October for room/flat/studio hunting... all the ads I come across at the moment are either for summer only or immediate renting!

How are you guys planning to do?
DutchBB

Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:56 pm
Thanks EleonoraM. The whole accomodation thing is quite confusing; it is unfortunate - but understandable - that the EC doesn't have like a campus Smile (Haha that would be fun though). Anyway I have also decided to just let it rest for a while and begin looking for places in September.
Koko

Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:04 pm
Hey everyone!
I got a call from the EC last week and I also got in Smile
I would also be interested in sharing a flat in Brussels - so let me know if you find sth interesting or a big flat with several bedrooms - a girls' flat would be fun Wink
But I guess we really have to wait until August when all the other trainees leave...
Egell

Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:54 pm
Hello all!
Congrats! I just got my acceptance this morning Smile
I'd also be interested in a possible flat share. I'll be coming from the States, so trying to figure out the Brussels rental situation is certainly confusing. Here in the US I'd look for apartments on craigslist. Does anyone know if this is a reliable way to find a flat in Brussels?

Thanks!
E
EleonoraM.

Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:48 pm
Hi Egell,

Don't know nothing about craiglist but here some websites to look for accomodation:

http://www.appartager.be/?l=1

http://www.immoweb.be/en/customer_Login.cfm?xmycurrent_section=myselect&xbg=N&xorigine=Myiweb

https://www.facebook.com/groups/107585562620030/

http://www.stagecommittee.org/

http://www.jumpaway.eu/

Hope this helps!
Egell

Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:51 pm
Many thanks, EleonoraM. That will be very helpful! Smile
Lukrecja3333

Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:44 pm
I also wanted to share flat with some trainees, so If you need one more person- write to me:)
arque

Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:26 pm
hey guys/girls,

i'm gonna be in brussels from the 16th september for a stage in dg energy, and i'm looking for a home around the place flagey/ixelles area if possible, though i am flexible about this. i would be interested to hear from any friendly people who are looking to organise a flatshare, or if you already have a spare room!

greetings from london Smile
Lukrecja3333

Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:29 pm
so anybody interested to rent flat together?
vieilca

Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:58 am
I KNOW A nice furnished apartment TO RENT NEAR SCHUMAN, available from 6 September (partly) or 13 September for 2/3 people, 1050 euros for the whole apartment
bdx

Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:51 pm
Hello!! I am looking for flat mates and a flat to share.. I'm planning to go in Brussels about 20th of September..Feel free to contact me by PM so that we can try to find something together.
vieilca

Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:26 pm
hi i have a 2 bedroom furnished apartment near rond point schuman, balcony, very nice view,475/575 euros , depending on the room. You can visit if interested,
best Catherine
JoMiBo

Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:53 pm
Hi! I want to share a flat or to join a "colocation" too, I think that I will arrive on 23th or 24th September.

How do you do to sleep during the first days? a hostel? which is the best?
vieilca

Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:23 am
hi i shall be away for a week from Saturday 24. The hostel near Botanique (Jacques Brel)is nice and very well located
olciaj

Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:35 pm
Hi everyone!

I'm an easy-going, non smoking person needing a place to stay in Brusseles from October till the end of December (close to the EP). If any of you is looking for a flatmate or a person to rent an apartement with please contact me via PM. Smile 
mari90

Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:58 pm
Hi everyone! Smile 

Happy to find u here! Today I got the mail and I am quite excited about it all!
Me too, I would like to find accommodation with other trainees.
I think I'll arrive just a few days before the beginning of the internship. I am willing to live in a flat or do u suggest finding a student hostel?
Anna vb

Brussels Accommodation  Empty 1 BR available starting last week of September

Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:20 pm
Hi everyone,

I just graduated from internship and am now moving out of my appartment. If anyone is interested, it is a 1 BR in a quiet side street of the place Sainte-Cathérine. It can be rented out furnished (650 €/month) or unfurnished (604 €/month) starting end of September. The rent includes water, heating, electricity, a private internet connection and digital tv. If you want more information just give me a call 0494/93.29.23

Anna
MaiaKo

Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:31 am
Hi everyone Smile

I will be coming to Brussels 28.09. and am pretty desperately looking for somewhere to stay since. I had to deal with a few possible scams and shady landlords that have thrown of my search. If anyone has any tips/advice - I'd be really grateful.

Similarly if anyone is looking for a tidy and quiet flatmate, just message me! I will be working for the EEAS and ideally would like to live in Ixelles for 550 a month tops.

Maia
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum