Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Internship 2013 at the EP

+34
mari90
Antonella
nadiapaulo
RitaLH
Amanda.Europa
eva eleanor
LaetitiaS
BernardoBrito
A-nn-A
aga_b
tadeiya
Kolett
kbokos
mlle
Nicole14
idealia
Anne-Lise
dudu
targaryen
Lukrecja3333
Emii
Matt87
madalina
esekhina
Paola N.
jadzia
feliciat
nas
natasa_648
AlZa
world_cup
Elanor
estrella13
travisfull
38 posters
Go down
natasa_648

Internship 2013 at the EP - Page 4 Empty Re: Internship 2013 at the EP

Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:56 pm
Hey guys!Congratulations to everyone who got in!:-) Unfortunately I only got the reserve list email :-( I was wondering if anybody knows the following: did everyone who didn't get selected get the same reserve list email or is there an actual reserve list that narrows down the possible candidates in case someone rejects the offer?
AlZa

Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:48 pm
@madalina Sure you have time to receive traineeship - there is no age limits in EC/EP. As you may guess I am  - after two MA and PhD studies - is not so young! Actually I am in my late twenties Smile

@tadeiya I don't have any link to one webpage with points. As I mentioned I did a thorough internet research reading some forums and even sending letters by linkedin to ex-trainees. I got really valuable infromation from them how to organize my application and then (in case of EC) how to lobby after I was preselected (there is no lobbying procedure in EP, if you do so you jeopardize your application).

To sum up: TOs do not give points for quality, but for diversity, for your ability to cope with difference. It does not matter if you studied in Oxford or school nr 400th in world ranking (my case), it does not matter if you worked in Delloitte or local think-tank (again me). You have the same points! TOs appreciate when you overcome borders physical and mental: Erasmus, workshops in other country, student project abroad, participation in observation mission, charity action etc.  So if you have only MA degree don't think you don't have chances to be selected - I remember a post on this forum from a girl with MAs, PhD, book published who was not even preselected for EC. At the same time I know personally people with only one degree who got this traineeship. This just shows the importance of how to organize wisely your application and how to emphasize your strong points.   

And you should clearly state in your motivation letter why you need this traineeship. Most people write cliches: I like the idea of united Europe, I always wanted to work in EU, etc., and so lose a lot of points. Come up with smth more convincing - persuade that these 5 monthes will be added value in your career, that this traineeship will help you to gain knowledge and skills which you will apply somewhere else. Consult your draft letter with your friends and demand harsh critique.

And the last info. People who can't accept traineeship should inform TO by 29/07/2013. Afterwards TO will have to start preparing letters for candidates from a reserve list. So don't lose your hope until mid of August, guys! And in case not being selected - try again! Revise your application now, don't leave it until last day. Good luck!
eva eleanor

Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:45 pm
Hi there Smile I was selected to, yippie! I will be working in DG for Communication, EP Information Office in Strasbourg. I would have preferred being in Brussels, however, but I don't wanna complain Smile Is there anybody else doing the EP traineeship in Strasbourg?
Concerning the letter of recommendation (yes that's what I was wondering too), I sent an Email today to someone in that Traineeships Office. I got an answer as follows:

"Please also be informed that according to the new Rules on traineeships that came into force on 1 February 2013 the recommendation letter and proof of written work (general option) are no longer requested."

So I guess sending them recommendation letters became obsolete. Hope this also counts for the journalism option (where I'm in).
Hope to see you in Brussels, or in Strasbourg?
Eva
Amanda.Europa

Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:45 pm
LaetitiaS wrote:Dear all,

I just received an internship offer from the Directorate-General for Presidency, Protocol Unit. I don't have any information about the terms of reference and the kind of duties I will have to perform. Is someone else also taken in this Department? Any previous intern? I am going to contact the trainee-ship to get further details. I am quite surprised that they expect us to give an answer within 10 days without providing any details!
Any comment / similar experience most welcome!

Thanks.

Laetitia - Totally! I have just received a traineeship offer from the EP DG for presidency (archive and documentation centre) and have accepted by sending off my documents, but I would really like to know exactly what I'll be doing. I have sent two emails to the 'supervisor' and look forward to a reply... Will you or anyone be in Luxembourg?

Amanda
A-nn-A

Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:14 pm
Hello guys,
hope to see you in Brussels!
But have someone of you received any notification that your supporting documents reached the Traineeships Office? Mine should have been received 5 days ago according to the post office tracking system, but I thought we should hear from the Traineeships Office as soon as they receive docs, right?
LaetitiaS

Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:43 pm
@ Amanda : Got some clarifications about the duties of the fellowship in the Protocol Unit... Still wondering if I am going to do it as it is essentially event and communication related! All the best to you.
A-nn-A

Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:56 pm
Guys, any idea when are we going to reiceive the notification that our file is complete? It's a week after they received my documents. In the FAQs it's stated that we should receive a message AS SOON as they have the docs. Any experience?
RitaLH

Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:15 pm
Hey everyone!

Got the same problem with the notification. I sent the documents on the 23rd and still haven't received a confirmation. Since the deadline is Monday I am getting a bit worried. I have already e-mailed the office about it but no reply yet.
A-nn-A

Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:52 pm
Hi again! So, I called the Traineeships Office yesterday because the Post tracking system did not show weather my letter was received. A very kind woman answered the phone. It turned out they have my docs and applicants should receive confirmations most probably next week. Smile
idealia

Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:02 pm
Has somebody from a reserve list heard back??? Still waiting, so I'll probably sign a contract with another company this week...
tadeiya

Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:37 pm
I am also waiting for the reply :S However, I am on the waiting list from the previous selection procedure, so I don't know if they will even inform me unless I get selected... I hope I get, though the chances are getting smaller day by day Sad
nadiapaulo

Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:12 pm
Hello everybody!

I was selected for a traineeship for university graduates in the European Parliament, Directorate-General for Interpretation and Conferences, Unit for Communication, Interinstitutional and International Cooperation. They already received my documents and they say that they will send me the official letter in the second half of August.

Is there anyone else selected to this Unit n Brussels?

Congratulations to all the selected ones and, for the not selected, don't lose hope and good luck!
Antonella

Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:18 am
Hey guys!
I have been selected for a traineeship for university graduates in the European Parliament, Directorate-General for Personnel, Recruitment and Transfers Unit in LUXEMBOURG.. Anyone else has been selected for a traineeship in this Unit, or in Luxembourg?
I was really surprised when I received the results of the selection! In my case, I first received a pre-selection e mail, than a call from my supervisor and finally I got accepted! And I think that is really important which Unit you choose in your application.. My background is not that strong, I just have a master, I did an erasmus program in Brussels and I have some professional experience.. but I am a statitician, and that was what they need at the moment! So, most of the time you need to be the best in your field, but also to be lucky!
Don't loose hope and congrats to everyone that got in!
RitaLH

Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:47 pm
Hello everyone,

Congrats to all who got a place. I just have a question, has anyone received the final admission letter yet (the one that should arrive in the "second half of August")? I haven't received anything yet.

Aside from that, is everyone here going to Brussels and Luxembourg? What about Information Centers?

Smile
nadiapaulo

Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:07 pm
Hello,

I already receive the letter. It comes from email. I am going to Brussels!
mari90

Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:10 am
Hi everyone! Smile 

Happy to find u here! Today I got the confirming e-mail and I am quite excited about it all!
They put me on a reserve list so I couldn't believe it!
I would like to find accommodation with other trainees. Is there anyone here who is interested in sharing a flat?

Thanks a lot!
mari90

Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:17 am
nadiapaulo wrote:Hello everybody!

I was selected for a traineeship for university graduates in the European Parliament, Directorate-General for Interpretation and Conferences, Unit for Communication, Interinstitutional and International Cooperation. They already received my documents and they say that they will send me the official letter in the second half of August.

Is there anyone else selected to this Unit n Brussels?

Congratulations to all the selected ones and, for the not selected, don't lose hope and good luck!
Hi nadiapaulo!
I have been selected for Brussels as well! Smile I have to send back the required documents signed and then I suppose that they will tell me something more about the internship.
dimhoul

Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:39 pm
Hi mari90!

I will be doing a traineeship at the DG for the Presidency in Brussels and I' am also looking for housing ,
which seems to be not the easiest thing in Brussels.
If you find something interesting let me know.

Olik

Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:04 pm
Hi, guys!

Has anyone from a reserve list except mari90 been contacted?
tadeiya

Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:10 pm
Olik wrote:Hi, guys!

Has anyone from a reserve list except mari90 been contacted?
I am also on the reserve list and still haven't heard from them... Maybe they just contact those selected.
davidkcyip

Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:03 pm
Hi Mari90, dimhoul and others who have been selected.

I was on the reserve list and was contacted a few days ago that I was selected. I'll be doing the journalism option of the Robert Schulman scholarship in the Innovation and Technological Support Office (although I'm not sure what sort of journalism I'd be doing there) in Brussels.

I'm looking for a flatshare, if anyone is looking as well let me know. You can PM me here.
attafi

Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:16 pm
Hello guys,

I have been in the reserve list and I got an email finnally confriming my selection for an traineeship in the European Parliamant the Innovation and Technological Support Office in Luxembourg. Nevertheless I still did'nt get the officiel letter yet. I am wondering how many days should I wait to get it after sending the required documents. Anyone is affected in Luxembourg? what about the accomodation? I suppose u started alredy looking for it. I will be glad if theres who is looking for a flatshare.

Thanks
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum