Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Internship 2013 at the EP

+34
mari90
Antonella
nadiapaulo
RitaLH
Amanda.Europa
eva eleanor
LaetitiaS
BernardoBrito
A-nn-A
aga_b
tadeiya
Kolett
kbokos
mlle
Nicole14
idealia
Anne-Lise
dudu
targaryen
Lukrecja3333
Emii
Matt87
madalina
esekhina
Paola N.
jadzia
feliciat
nas
natasa_648
AlZa
world_cup
Elanor
estrella13
travisfull
38 posters
Go down
travisfull

Internship 2013 at the EP - Page 3 Empty Re: Internship 2013 at the EP

Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:52 pm
Im out guys. Thats the second time that Im out.
Sad

Congrats to people that are in!
Anne-Lise

Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:57 pm
travisfull - I'm also out. I guess I don't know what it was important for them
Anne-Lise

Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:05 pm
I wonder how selacted candidates fill in "Training and professional experience"
madalina

Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:11 pm
I'm out as well.
esekhina

Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:12 pm
me too. Not selected.
travisfull

Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:43 pm
I really hate the fact that we can't have something like a table of reference. I mean, it is not so difficult to prepare an easy scoreboard, like:

-Have you already worked in the field where you are applying for? Yes. ok +1 for you
-Do you have scientific publications?ok +1,2,3 etc for you

I mean, it is not so difficult guys. I really hate this kind of opaque selection.
Paola N.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:55 pm
I'm out too... for the second time. Sad 

What I don't understand is why can't we consult a list of selected and not selected candidates. Or at least, the reasons of our rejection. We would know in which position we were, how many people demand what locations, etc. I don't understand why the EP is so opaque in its trainees selection process when they talk about transparency so often.

Guess we'll have to try another time. Or give up and try in another institution - more transparent.
idealia

Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Anybody else on the reserve list?

For those lucky ones who got selected, what is the final date for you to submit all the papers?
Just want to know how long I still need to wait to find out if maybe, maybe I have that bit of extra luck of still being offered a spot....
AlZa

Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:21 pm
Hello guys!

Don't be upset if you were not selected - you still have a chance to get this traineeship. I think there will be quite a lot of rejections, as a lot of people applied at the same time to EC and EP. So those, who got traineeship in EC, and signed a contract will have to turn down the offer of traineeship in EP.

Just to show you evidence - I got Oct 2013 traineeship in EC and already signed a contact. But today I got following aemail "We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected for a traineeship for university graduates in the European Parliament, Directorate-General for External Policies, Policy Department for External Relations in BRUSSELS, from 01/10/2013 to 28/02/2014". Guys, unfortunately I can't be at two places simultaneously Surprised so one place is available. And believe me there will be more!

Good luck!

Nicole14

Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:40 pm
I didn't get any email yet. Does this mean that I am out or do I still have a chance? I am also worried because on my contact details I wrote down my German mobile number, but because at the beginning of June I moved to some other place I am not using any longer the German number. I am just thinking that if someone even tried to reach me and couldn't contact me that diminished my chances. Are they at least sending the rejection emails to everyone?
L.E. One more question: Is every EP office outside Brussels receiving an intern?
travisfull

Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:08 pm
other important element to be considered:

as Aiza has well explained, many people have been so cleaver and lucky to be accepted by both the EC and the EP. It shouldn't be so difficult to intersect the EC and EP database in order to avoid useless offers of internship to people who are already working in other EU institutions.

however, congrat Aiza for your double admissions. Smile
madalina

Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:12 pm
Aiza, can you tell us something about your profile? Like where are you from, what did you study, professional background? I mean many of us could not get in EP, but you took them both! That's wow! Only if it doesn't disturb you
congraaats!
AlZa

Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:39 pm
Thank you for congrats guy!

Sure I can give you some details.

I am from Poland. I have two master degrees obtained there, and I am close to submitting my PhD thesis (I hope to do it before going to BXL Smile. I also attended different summer schools and institutes in Finland, US, Italy, Lithuania. I think this was important, as from what I heard TO gave qiute a lot of points for studies abroad, even workshops.
I am bilingual in Polish and Russian and have certificates in English and Turkish (TO gives points only for those languages which are certified, so funny enough my Russian didn't count, but Turkish which barely speak yes).
I have been working as research assistant and thus took part in scientific projects abroud (points again). During my master studies I also worked as intern and then as a project manager in a Polish think-tank.
And yes, I have publications, which also gave me points.

What I think I did well was to write a good motivational letter. I sent a draft to different friends with different backgrouds and from different countries asking for a feedback. This really helped me a lot, and thanks to those commentaries and harsch critique I managed to write solid convincing letter.

This was my first time applying for EC and EP. Before sending applications I did a good research (first time my research skills helped me in a real life! Smile)) in internet and found a lot of valuable information, for example about these points. It helped me to organize my applications.

What can I say - I have background comparable to others (even though I think that my weakness is its academic character). At the beginning of this year several institutions turned down my apllications, but this sumer smth happened and I got three welcoming emails in a row. Matter of luck, imho!

So good luck to you as well! cheers
travisfull

Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:51 pm
AIza you have not a background comparable to the other.
You have an outstanding background: two Master degree, one phd, several summer schools and so on..
c'mon guys, I can't afford all these activities. I am lucky If I have just a master degree...

Sad
madalina

Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:54 pm
Aliza, how old are you? I mean you have an excelent background!!! You really deserve both the traineeships and I am sure you will have an outstanding performance!!
Paola N.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:58 pm
Wow AIza, that's a great background! Thanks for explaining it to us, it's helpful to know what do the EC and EP demand.
jadzia

Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:05 pm
If you wish to know some more backgrounds:
I'm from Poland, have 2 univeristy diplomas, did Erasmus, EVS, lot of international training courses, youth exchanges, etc. I'm a project manager, have some experience of volunteering abroad in developing countries, including writing and editing articles for a multi-cultural youth magazine, I work as a trainer and fascilitator in international youth projects; speak Polish, English and have good understanding of Macedonian, Serbian and German. My last certificates were at B2 level (English and German). I received 3 calls from the Information Office I applied and was asked about different types of media (including FB, Twitter, writing skills). I love to talk to people so I was pretty confident, even I advised the Director to check several magazines, websites, TV channels in order to check how I deal with media. All the people I spoke with were very nice and it was a pleasure to have those conversations. After all I got internship at EP, it was my first try with any EU institution.
madalina

Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:28 pm
Jazdia, this is amazing as well! How old are you? I'm trying to figure it out if I still have time to catch up.

Congrats to you as well!
jadzia

Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:35 pm
thanks Smile I'm already 25.
mlle

Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:24 pm
God, depressed with the EU much. Got my rejection e-mail from the EP after receiving the rejection from the EC a month ago. What confuses me a bit though is that the e-mail I received said that they had given my application to the EP secretariat but in the end no one chose me (which I am guessing means I got 'preselected' - if that exists in the EP, no idea) but I don't get why it says EP secretariat. I applied to DG external relations not the secretariat... Does anyone know why that might be? Unfortunately I cannot find any of the infos I put in but I am 100% sure I did not apply for the secretariat.
kbokos

Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:21 pm
Reserve list-DG Internal Policies!Anyone accepted/reserve list in tha same DG ?
travisfull

Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:38 pm
after all, I think the main problem is the quota.
Countries such as Italy and Spain are really under a strong economic pressure: the unemployment pushes young students to apply in thousands for a relatively little number of places.
So, people like me, with a normal academic and professional background will not have chances.

However, congrats to Polish people that have really strong academic and professional background. You deserve these places.
Kolett

Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:07 pm
Anybody who didn't get the email? It is the case with me... though I applied for the disability traineeship. Maybe it is the reason for the delay but I don't really know.
Congrats to everybody who are in!
tadeiya

Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:29 pm
Is there anyone who applied for translation traineeship? I am on the waiting list from the July traineeship and now waiting for a response for the October traineeship.

AlZa, can you please copy a link of the website where you found how they distribute points?
aga_b

Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:10 pm
I'm also on the reserve list (Legal Service in Brussels). I'm wondering if anyone reading this forum got accepted there and to the EC and is going to drop the offer. The frustrating this is that we don't know the final date of the recruitment process... Any experience how it works with the reserve lists?
A-nn-A

Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:05 pm
Hi, could someone explain why it is stated that a reference is required to be sent together with the supporting document, whereas it is not listed in the email we received? Maybe someone has called the Traineeship Office to ask if it really shouldn't be sent?
BernardoBrito

Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:45 pm
Hi there!

I had the lucky of been selected for the traineeship for Brussels, in Presidency Department, and I want to know If there is anyone that want to share houses, or knows anything about renting houses in Brussels near the work place.

I'm an 23 years old Portuguese boy, so If anyone is interested or knows anything about the subject and want to help me, it would be very heplfull !

Thanks,
LaetitiaS

Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:08 pm
Dear all,

I just received an internship offer from the Directorate-General for Presidency, Protocol Unit. I don't have any information about the terms of reference and the kind of duties I will have to perform. Is someone else also taken in this Department? Any previous intern? I am going to contact the trainee-ship to get further details. I am quite surprised that they expect us to give an answer within 10 days without providing any details!
Any comment / similar experience most welcome!

Thanks.

Lukrecja3333

Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:20 pm
I created this group https://www.facebook.com/groups/686929694655580/
I hope that it will be useful
A-nn-A

Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:36 pm
Dziękuję Lukrecja for creating the group!
So can someone tell me if a reference is required to be sent together with the supporting documents, whereas it is not listed in the email we received? Please, share your opinions regarding this, I think we all received the same list of documents, so will someone add a reference? I am asking because I cannot reach my referee now...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum