Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Translation Traineeship - selection

+28
amlit
Bab
Traineeship2013
GiannaS
komio
mietagosia
kate0307
AlmaAlma
agata
Tanaquil
anna.o
Lilo
Abenámar
gemmacuni
faza82
ladybug
M.A
kasparuz
tt
Flam
traineevit
Greenie
MoreEU4all
Aneena
Sherlock Holmes
martina310
europe4all
TCRVR
32 posters
Go down
Traineeship2013

Translation Traineeship - selection - Page 4 Empty Re: Translation Traineeship - selection

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:37 pm
I am from Spain Smile
Do you know if we are supposed to get some of confirmation when you reply accepting the offer?
TCRVR

Translation Traineeship - selection - Page 4 Empty Re: Translation Traineeship - selection

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:59 pm
Traineeship2013 wrote:I am from Spain Smile
Do you know if we are supposed to get some of confirmation when you reply accepting the offer?
I received a confirmation by email from the DGT's traineeships office. But I asked for it Wink
M.A

Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:16 pm
I received a confirmation and a confirmation of the confirmation Wink
Lilo

Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:05 pm
Traineeship2013 wrote:I am from Spain Smile

Hi! Oh, and...¡felicidades! Very Happy May I ask you when you received the good news? Just so we can know when has the Spanish department started calling people.

Although I guess this confirms my worst suspicions - the rest of us Spaniards in this forum have been most probably rejected. Crying or Very sad Oh, well. Too good to be true!

Once again, congratulations, Traineeship2013! Very Happy
Traineeship2013

Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:21 pm
Thanks, Lilo! I got the offer on Monday morning, and they asked me to give them my answer by today at 17:00. I don't know anything about other future Spanish-speaking trainees, but good luck!!!
Bab

Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:32 pm
Just so you know...italian applicants were more than 4000 and the spanish people who applied were about 2500, so whoever made it, well congrats!

Source: https://ec.europa.eu/stages/online/cv/application_statistics.cfm?session=81
gemmacuni

Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:59 pm
Congratulations Traineeship! Well,I think Lilo is right and the other spaniards we are out of the selection this time! Well,at least we can consider now that we havrle an answer,and these are good news! :p
Lilo

Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:24 am
gemmacuni wrote:Congratulations Traineeship! Well,I think Lilo is right and the other spaniards we are out of the selection this time! Well,at least we can consider now that we havrle an answer,and these are good news! :p

What do you mean? Very Happy I haven't received any answer yet!

Hopefully they won't just disappear without bothering to send a mail to everyone, even those of us who haven't been selected. It wouldn't hurt them, and we would at least be done with the endless waiting and hoping for good news. Personally, I'm quite fed up with checking my e-mail 24/7. Just tell us 'no', so that we can forget about this for once and start focusing on something else. Evil or Very Mad It's the very least that we deserve, after nearly 3 months waiting for updates on our applications.
gemmacuni

Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:35 am
You are totally right.
GiannaS

Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:26 am
Bab wrote:Just so you know...italian applicants were more than 4000 and the spanish people who applied were about 2500, so whoever made it, well congrats!

Source: https://ec.europa.eu/stages/online/cv/application_statistics.cfm?session=81

Dear Bab, those statistics are for Administration AND Translations combined.
The Directorate-General for Translation has received 2348 applications in total, for ALL language combinations. 
gemmacuni

Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:20 pm
I just send them an email asking if the selection is alteady finished and which is the delay to get any news of any kind. I"ll let you know their answer.
komio

Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm
gemmacuni wrote:I just send them an email asking if the selection is alteady finished and which is the delay to get any news of any kind. I"ll let you know their answer.

I tried too, i received this reply :

Dear All,
Directorate-General for Translation has received 2348 applications in total.
A part from the receipt of notification, you will not receive any other news.
There is no preselection procedure in DGT.
Only selected candidates will be personally contacted after 15th June.
Due to the current workload, we will not be able to answer each individual email.
Thank you for your understanding.
DGT-Traineeships' Coordinator

hoping you' ll be more successful!!!!!

gemmacuni

Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:55 pm
It doesn't really say anything this email!
Contacted after 15th june...ok, but which is the final delay? the end of the month? even july? some candidates have already been contacted!
It's quite annoying all this...
komio

Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:58 pm
Yeah you're right. I'm pretty frustated...
gemmacuni

Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:16 am
I received the same answer... so no further infomation...I imagine we still have to wait...but until when? For the Spanish people, if Traineeship2013 has already been called and asked for an answer and we still haven't received anything, I imagine that we have to tell ourselves that we haven't been selected this time? What do you think?
Lilo

Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:31 pm
We haven't been selected. I mean, miracles could happen, but why would they call us now, like a week after Traineeship? I am quite dissapointed and of course feel sad and worried for not having been selected, as the other options that I had are starting to fail as well, but...to me, it's over with the EC. I'm just waiting for their mail.
TCRVR

Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:33 pm
I don't know really... But as they said to the selected candidates that after mid-June all candidates would have been contacted, it could be any time...Exclamation We don't have much information about the selection procedure for the Translation Traineeship so it's really hard to know what's really going on... Shocked
komio

Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:43 pm
At this point I don't know....let's wait and see!! Smile
agata

Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:48 pm
I don’t understand how they do that... Anna o. from Poland wrote on 4th of June that she was rejected  and that they wrote that our selection was over and I got nothing...
M.A

Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:10 pm
In my confirmation e-mail it says that as soon as they have contacted all the selected candidates, we will receive an e-mail with further information. As we have not yet received this e-mail, I can only guess that not all selected candidates have been contacted. Maybe this helps..
Bab

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:19 am
Dear All,
Directorate-General for Translation has received 2348 applications in total.
A part from the receipt of notification, you will not receive any other news.
There is no preselection procedure in DGT.
Only selected candidates will be personally contacted after 15th June.
Due to the current workload, we will not be able to answer each individual email.
Thank you for your understanding.
DGT-Traineeships' Coordinator

what i understand from rhis is that ONLY selected candidates will be selected and the others will have no response at all!that can't be the case!i mean...they should at least take the time ro send a short notification also to those who weren't selected, right?anyway at this point my hopes are all gone :-(
TCRVR

Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:24 pm
As someone already pointed out, if you read the threads from the previous traineeships periods, you'll see that even the non-selected candidates received an email. The selected ones received a phone call and an email and the non-selected just an email. It would be too bad if they didn't say a word! So let's wait and see...Rolling Eyes
komio

Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:07 pm
any news?
agata

Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:08 pm
no..
GiannaS

Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:41 am
This is the reply I got today...

I spoke to my colleagues in the unit in DG Translation dealing with traineeships and they said that if you don't hear anything by the end of June it means you have not been selected.

komio

Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:27 pm
........ all right, this answer is better than nothing! still waiting...
mietagosia

Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:46 pm
Thanks for the info, GiannaS! I have one doubt though: do you think this information is true for all the translation traineeship candidates or is it just for your language section? As far as I know, each language department picks its own trainees. My department (the Polish one) told one of the applicants that their selection was already over and that was like 2 weeks ago. I wonder if that means they have already contacted all the selected candidates or perhaps they just made a list and are going to get in touch with people by the end of this month. Of all the Polish applicants on this forum, no one has received any information yet, but that might as well mean that there are people out there who have been chosen but they don't know about this forum and they can't get in touch with the rest of the candidates.
GiannaS

Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:55 pm
I guess as a general rule, we should wait until the end of June, as I was told. Although some language units may have already taken a decision. I suspect some people may not have been aware of the Forum or they may have chosen not to reveil that they have been selected already. Who knows...
kate0307

Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:13 pm
I received such a reply:

Thank you for your email request.

You will be notified by email if you are selected or not for an internship within DGT by the end of June 2013 or in the beginning of July 2013.

Kind regards,

Ewa GOLIANEK
mietagosia

Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:15 pm
Yay, at least they're planning on notifying everyone who applied to the Polish unit Very Happy
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum