Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Translation Traineeship - selection

+28
amlit
Bab
Traineeship2013
GiannaS
komio
mietagosia
kate0307
AlmaAlma
agata
Tanaquil
anna.o
Lilo
AbenĂ¡mar
gemmacuni
faza82
ladybug
M.A
kasparuz
tt
Flam
traineevit
Greenie
MoreEU4all
Aneena
Sherlock Holmes
martina310
europe4all
TCRVR
32 posters
Go down
TCRVR

Translation Traineeship - selection - Page 3 Empty Re: Translation Traineeship - selection

Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:00 pm
I'm sorry anna.o! A door was closed for you but I'm sure that a window will be open soon Smile

Good luck Lilo and gemmacuni!
agata

Translation Traineeship - selection - Page 3 Empty Re: Translation Traineeship - selection

Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:22 pm
Hi!
Did anyone from Poland get the answer?
Thanks!
AlmaAlma

Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:53 pm
Hi everyone,
I am one of the people waiting for and answer about the October 2013 traineeships. I have read yesterday on this forum that there is no pre-selection for the translations traineeship. I thought that the announcement posted on http://ec.europa.eu/stages/ is for all the traineeships on the EC, but I guess I was wrong.
I have another "problem". Two weeks ago when I searched on the site mentioned, there were 18692 candidates for October 2013 and now there are 18704. I thought the deadline for applications was 15th of March, but it seems that it doesn't apply to everyone.
Did anyone from Romania get any call from the EC?
Thank you!
kate0307

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:35 pm
Hi!

I'm from Poland. Still nothing... No mail, no call...
I'm wondering if by any chance it's a good sign. I've noticed that Anna from Poland has already received a negative respond, so... either they forgot to tell us that we're out:P or we still have a chance;)
agata

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:37 pm
kate0307 wrote:Hi!

I'm from Poland. Still nothing... No mail, no call...
I'm wondering if by any chance it's a good sign. I've noticed that Anna from Poland has already received a negative respond, so... either they forgot to tell us that we're out:P or we still have a chance;)

Thanks for your answer! Smile
mietagosia

Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:31 pm
Hi, fellow forum users! I'm also a Polish applicant for the translation traineeship. I still haven't received any e-mails nor phone calls from the EC either. But as far as I understood the post by anna.o, she only received the information once she contacted the EC. I start thinking that they might only contact those candidates who have been successfully selected without giving feedback to the rest of the applicants. Do you guys know if that's the case or will ALL the applicants receive an answer at some point?
agata

Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:00 pm
mietagosia wrote:Hi, fellow forum users! I'm also a Polish applicant for the translation traineeship. I still haven't received any e-mails nor phone calls from the EC either. But as far as I understood the post by anna.o, she only received the information once she contacted the EC. I start thinking that they might only contact those candidates who have been successfully selected without giving feedback to the rest of the applicants. Do you guys know if that's the case or will ALL the applicants receive an answer at some point?

Hi!
As far as I know, those who are rejected get an e-mail, those selected - a phone call.

AlmaAlma

Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:46 am
Hello,
They finally updated the website, but they don't say much... just that the pre-selection si FINALISED and the selection is ONGOING. The sending of offers will start end JUNE...

kate0307

Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:39 am
Hi,

AlmaAlma, I think that the updated status doesn't concern us, though. As it has already been mentioned here, when it comes to the translation traineeship, the procedure is different.

TCRVR

Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:40 pm
You're right, kate0307. There is no preselection for us. So the calendar does not apply to us. I would recommend sending an email... I don't really know if they contact the not selected. Sad
mietagosia

Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:14 pm
AlmaAlma, which website are you checking for updates? I always look at the one where I registered (http://ec.europa.eu/stages/) and there are no updates available.
I think agata is right and everyone will be informed at some point. I have just checked the threads on this forum concerning previous translation traineeship periods. Applicants from past years said they got a phone call and a confirming e-mail when accepted or just an e-mail in cases when they weren't selected. Let's wait some more... Smile
AlmaAlma

Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:10 am
Mietagosia, that's the website I am checking (http://ec.europa.eu/stages/), and they updated it two days ago with the information I posted.
I think that they should mention the fact that the translation traineeships have different rules of selection on their website. If I wouldn't have found this forum, now I would have known this... I also found out from this forum that some trainees are going to Luxemburg, although the application was sent to Brussels. Is it right that every language department chooses its trainees?
Lilo

Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:16 pm
AlmaAlma wrote:Mietagosia, that's the website I am checking (http://ec.europa.eu/stages/), and they updated it two days ago with the information I posted.
I think that they should mention the fact that the translation traineeships have different rules of selection on their website. If I wouldn't have found this forum, now I would have known this... I also found out from this forum that some trainees are going to Luxemburg, although the application was sent to Brussels. Is it right that every language department chooses its trainees?

It is, as far as we know. After all, we do know that the Portuguese department has already selected some applicants ( Very Happy ), and that the Polish department rejected some as well ( Crying or Very sad ). As for the Spanish department, we Spaniards would like to think that they haven't started to choose yet, since there's at least four of us in this forum and noone received anything yet. But who knows, if you ask me. I mean, it's only a bunch of us here, so we might as well have been all rejected by now, and we wouldn't really know. Personally, I am starting to lose hope. It's not the first time that I apply for a scholarship (not this one, mind you, it's my first attempt) and get no news whatsoever from the institution. No Anyway, I'd rather not expect anything good, so that I won't be as dissapointed if the worst case scenario becomes the real one.
TCRVR

Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:25 pm
Hi Lilo! Smile

I know that other departments have already selected some trainees. Try to ask M.A. an tt because they were also selected. They are not from Portugal, nor Spain Wink

Do not lose hope! As someone said, you'll receive something, so you just have to be patient! I know it's hard but try lol!

Hope to see you all in October! Very Happy
komio

Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:59 pm
Hello everyone! There is anyone from Italy that has already received some news?
gemmacuni

Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:10 pm
Still any news from Spain? Not even the "non selected email"?
Lilo

Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:11 pm
gemmacuni wrote:Still any news from Spain? Not even the "non selected email"?

Nothing.
GiannaS

Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:44 pm
Hello everyone. No news either yet (I'm Italian). I would have expected a reply by now, either negative or postiive. has anyone from Italy received an email yet?
Traineeship2013

Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:17 pm
Hi! Is anyone looking for accommodation in Luxembourg already?
gemmacuni

Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:52 pm
Hi everybody
I just wanted to ask you: we are supposed to have a final answer (either positive or negative) exactly when? at the end of June we will already know something I hope!? In the case of,by then, we haven't received anything,what are we supposed to think then?
Thank you so much!
TCRVR

Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:42 pm
I was told that by mid-June all the selected candidates would have been contacted. Wink
komio

Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:56 pm
so we have to wait at least 3/4 days...!
TCRVR

Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:22 pm
lucreziaf wrote:so we have to wait at least 3/4 days...!

Yes, probably... Or more, because that was what was planned. You never know Wink

Anyway, good luck Very Happy
M.A

Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:22 pm
Traineeship2013 wrote:Hi! Is anyone looking for accommodation in Luxembourg already?

I think I'm waiting till we get the next mail, which could be any day now. Have you started looking?
TCRVR

Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:24 pm
Traineeship2013 wrote:Hi! Is anyone looking for accommodation in Luxembourg already?

I will wait too. But have you been already selected?
Bab

Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:56 am
Hi everyone! I'm also Italian and I'm dying to know how it went...any news? If so, from which languages are you translating?
I really hope they will let us know soon...
Traineeship2013

Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:02 am
TCRVR wrote:

I will wait too. But have you been already selected?

Yes, I have; I got a voice mail and an e-mail on Monday.
I want to start looking as soon as possible, though.
amlit

Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:00 am
Hi! Has anyone from Finland got any news?
mietagosia

Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:21 am
Traineeship2013, where are you from? I'm sure some people (including me) are wondering which language unit is still informing the selected candidates. We could use some hope Wink.
amlit

Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:28 am
^^agreed Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum