Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Discussion

+47
asdqwerty
vvlv
Missy_S
zlorine
fab
loba
UBC VAN
KitKat
dudu
fiifiifi
Aleksandra_B
MarshaP
frankubelik
sentita
davinya
Elanor
pb
libellule
christian.fiore
Fm
vuoksi
lulz
ltgreen133
Billy_Joe
ECandidate
Z61
Paula600
raluca
sillyman
Jenny26
lutraka
aneta89
bocho
Voguette
Inna
dulitul
pocahontas
nadurija
madele
Iris.S.F
bea*
yanaris
candidate
Carlos Tucho
Romm
Ive
israelelias
51 posters
Go down
sentita

General Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: General Discussion

Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:02 pm
Bocho, it does not mean that you are not a good player on the EU level. In my opinion the problem is that there are so many applicants who have great CVs and great letters and I am quite sure a lot is decided upon the first impression or because people know someone who recommends them and so on... Don't think you are not good enough, often it is just luck to have written the right thing for the right HoU and not that you are not as qualified as the other applicants.
frankubelik

Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:49 pm
What about the Translation DG? I know the selection process is different, but has anyone heard from it so far?
israelelias

Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:28 pm
I think we have to wait until mid-january for the translation traineeship...
Good luck
MarshaP

Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:47 pm
Does anyone know if the rules for the translation traineeship apply to the interpretation traineeship as well? I am currently doing my MA thesis research in Conference Interpreting but come from a candidate-country and my target language (i.e. main language) is not an EU official language/Croatian.
Aleksandra_B

Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:51 pm
Frankubelik, you asked about news from DGT. I got my traineeship offer on 29th of November with a request to confirm it until 3rd of December. It also said that further news will be sent before the end of December. I guess the timing depends on the Language Department you applied for (I'm in Polish LD).
frankubelik

Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:01 pm
Ok, Aleksandra, thank you very much. And are you going to Luxembourg or Brussels?
Congratulations!
Aleksandra_B

Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:20 pm
Thanks! I'm going to Luxembourg (I would prefer Brussels, but I'm thrilled anyways).
I'll keep my fingers crossed for the rest of you and I promise to share any news I'll get about the selection progress.
Voguette
Voguette

Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:55 pm
MarshaP wrote:Does anyone know if the rules for the translation traineeship apply to the interpretation traineeship as well? I am currently doing my MA thesis research in Conference Interpreting but come from a candidate-country and my target language (i.e. main language) is not an EU official language/Croatian.

I think You should contact DG Interpretation about interpretation internships.
MarshaP

Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:00 pm
Thanks Voguette, will do so.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:25 pm
From tomorrow we should again start expecting some mails?
ECandidate
http://atraineeinbrussels.blogspot.com/

Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:15 pm
Just to let you know the traineeship website has been refurbished:
http://ec.europa.eu/stages/index_en.htm

Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:18 pm
Nice! Very Happy
raluca

Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:28 pm
the website is blocked now Sad maybe because of the opening of the application for October 2013
ECandidate

Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:32 pm
raluca wrote:the website is blocked now Sad maybe because of the opening of the application for October 2013

I am able to open it normaly!
raluca

Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:37 pm
really? I can`t... I`ll try later Very Happy
fiifiifi

Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:07 pm
Has anyone heard something yet?

Also, if I haven't heard from the units I interviewed with since the interview, should this be deemed a very bad sign?

Last edited by fiifiifi on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
ECandidate

Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:20 pm
fiifiifi wrote:Has anyone heard something yet?

Also, if I haven't heard from the units I interviewed with since the interview, should this be deemed a very bad sign?

No, the results will be known during this week (I e-mailed the TO and they said until friday they will sendthe e-mail informing about the final decision to everyone).

I think you're not expected to hear from the units since the interview... some people here contacted them after and they told them they were on their selected list, but it's normal not to hear from them as we just need to wait for the final decision (which is up to the TO to take).

So, stay positive Smile
fiifiifi

Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:29 pm
ECandidate wrote:

No, the results will be known during this week (I e-mailed the TO and they said until friday they will sendthe e-mail informing about the final decision to everyone).

I think you're not expected to hear from the units since the interview... some people here contacted them after and they told them they were on their selected list, but it's normal not to hear from them as we just need to wait for the final decision (which is up to the TO to take).

So, stay positive Smile

So by Friday everyone will know their fate? Or only those who have been selected?

Thanks so much!

Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:29 pm
So UNTIL Friday not ON Friday? I guess the selected ones or the ones on the lists... of someone drops....

Last edited by mdenic85 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
ECandidate

Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:31 pm
mdenic85 wrote:So UNTIL Friday not ON Friday?

Yes, until Friday. So Friday is the limit!
ECandidate

Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:32 pm
fiifiifi wrote:
ECandidate wrote:

So, stay positive Smile

So by Friday everyone will know their fate? Or only those who have been selected?

Thanks so much!

In the website they mention everyone is informed by e-mail of the final results, wether you are selected or not.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:32 pm
BTW...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/March2013Stage/
dudu

Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:33 pm
I had a phone call from DG COMM this morning....So interviews are still going on in some units...
KitKat

Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:49 pm
The waiting is killing me. I really hope that they start sending the e-mails soon :/
UBC VAN

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:37 am
Something that everyone should remember is that every DG and even unit is different and do not think that if you haven't had a phone call or email to say you are short listed you are not in. From my experience of living in Brussels since June and making friends who did the last March traineeship at the EC and current staff who work there, is that for many people the first and only form of contact about their place at the EC was the official TO email.

I am currently short listed for two units in DG MOVE and only one of those units contacted me to say I was short listed for their unit and that there was a whole administrative procedure to be followed. The only reason I found out about the other unit was because my former boss sent a reference to a policy officer who she knows and they replied to her saying I was short listed, they didn't even contact me!

For both of those units I did not have any form of interview, I just sent a brief introduction email summarizing in one paragraph my Brussels and EU related experience on the day the blue book was released and then the following week my CV and reference letter sent with my application as a follow up and the start of the following week my 30-60-90 work plan but I did not receive any replies to these emails apart from one asking for my candidate number.

The next few days will be an agonising wait for all of us, but keep your hopes up! Best of luck!
loba

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:25 pm
just wondering if anyone has heard of people being selected without interview and the percentile of these people. this is because so many people have received phone calls and quite a huge number haven't.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:35 pm
I haven't! I just got an email from one head of Unit that I am their choice No. 1 and if I agree that would be it. I send an email before to them with my CV and motivation. I was contacting more with other Units to be honest.
fab

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:52 pm
don't worry loba, there are plenty of people who had been selected with no prior interviews, phone calls and emails. just as well there were a number of those who were told they were short listed, but who in the end received no invitation. no one is 100% in, and no one is 100% out--at least until friday

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:56 pm
I also agree! I am sure maybe Units just picked the candidates not informing them that they are short-listed... they are busy people! So it's still not over!
zlorine

Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:07 pm
I've been speaking with the HR Unit of Taxation and Customs and they say that offers will be sent starting on the 10th of January, and not until the 10th. Basically, the first round will be on Thursday, and then they will fill all vacant positions in the next days.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum