Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Discussion

+47
asdqwerty
vvlv
Missy_S
zlorine
fab
loba
UBC VAN
KitKat
dudu
fiifiifi
Aleksandra_B
MarshaP
frankubelik
sentita
davinya
Elanor
pb
libellule
christian.fiore
Fm
vuoksi
lulz
ltgreen133
Billy_Joe
ECandidate
Z61
Paula600
raluca
sillyman
Jenny26
lutraka
aneta89
bocho
Voguette
Inna
dulitul
pocahontas
nadurija
madele
Iris.S.F
bea*
yanaris
candidate
Carlos Tucho
Romm
Ive
israelelias
51 posters
Go down
Voguette
Voguette

General Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: General Discussion

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:13 pm
@nadurija -as I understood, we are only to specify at this point,and not to attach or send anything, we do that if we are ultimately selected .
bocho

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:51 am
OK, I subtmitted my application. Now I wonder how it turns out this time.
nadurija

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:54 am
Good luck Bocho and all. I submitted my online application last week but I'm still awaiting the Degree Confirmation Letter from uni (i have the transcript but haven't got the diploma yet -_-). Hope I make it on time! We still could post the application file on 31 Aug., right?

all the best people!
bocho

Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:02 am
Yes, so is indicated on last page of the application form. Last time I sent my file right on 31 Jan. I also wait for some reference letters which I want to attrach to my file and hope to get it before the date.

And what next? Now we gonna wait for ca. 4 months ;-)

Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:13 am
Yes... we wait December! Yeeeeey! :/

Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:01 am
Hi guys, one silly question... what do think how much it can harm if you have a spelling mistake in your application form, to be more precise in motivation part... I really don't know how I made it! Crying or Very sad
bocho

Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:04 pm
@mdenic85: FAIL :-)

Last time I found one mistake in my application and I stayed at home... However, I wouldn't seek for a causal link between these two factors :-)
nadurija

Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:51 pm
@mdenic85, I won't give it too much thought. Just as it was easy for you to overlook a tiny mistake, so too might the assessors miss it completely. And if you have an otherwise outstanding profile, this would definitely make up for an unintended slip. Try not to get back to the application, now that it is submitted. That is what I'm trying to restrain myself from doing. Good luck everyone. Smile

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:37 pm
Thanks guys.

I really cannot believe how I missed it. It is really small, just misplaced 2 letters in the word. Maybe as you said even they don't see it, and even auto-correct did not marked it.

Anyways, what is done is done...

Good luck to everyone.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:41 pm
Number of applicants for March 2013 is published.

GRAND TOTAL 10734

https://ec.europa.eu/stages/online/followup/application_statistics.cfm?session=79

bocho

Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:47 pm
Yeah, it was even uploaded some time ago. Although the total number is higher than in Ochtober '12 session, in case of my country a number of applicants is lesser. I deem it as a good sign. Razz

Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:54 pm
I my group is more applicants Sad
aneta89

Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:24 pm
Hi everyone, is there age limit for the traineeships at EC? Someone told me that the age limit is 30, but I can't find this information on their website. Is is true or not? I'm 30 that's why... Smile

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:06 pm
I also think the limit is 30, I have impression I red it somewhere, but now I could not find it.
Write them an email?
aneta89

Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:52 pm
When I applied 2 years ago, I read somewhere about this age limit (don't know if on a forum or on the EC website), but I can't find this info anymore... I'll write them an email and tell you what I find out. Thanks!
lutraka

Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:45 am
Has anyone received the email confirming his/her eligibility?
I didn't receive anything...does it means that I am elegible?

Thank you!

Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:36 am
I think that is the rule, if you do not receive anything, that means you are eligible.
bocho

Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:26 pm
I agree with mdenic85. This same way it went the last time: no message meant eligible.
Jenny26

Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:02 pm
Hi guys,

Nay news???
sillyman

Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:11 am
Just to let you know on some insider's info.
The pre-selection is ongoing till next week incl.
The e-mails for pre-selected candidates should be sent between 1-5.12.2012 -> earlier than officially written.
good luck! Smile
/from a current EC-stagiaire/

Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:17 pm
Great sillyman! I hope you are right, so we can cut the agony Smile
Last year they did the same, I got my email 1 or 2 weeks before the official date.
raluca

Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:28 pm
thanks sillyman Smile

I kind of suspected that they will announce the preselection results earlier....for October 2012 the deadline was mid-June, but they sent the preselection emails on 22nd of May...so really early....3 weeks earlier....I was really surprised

for March 2012, they sent the preselection emails exactly on the 30th of November which was the official deadline... but now they changed it to mid-December

anyway goodluck everybody Wink

Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:11 pm
So... are you ready for Monday?! I guess we can expect first emails.
Paula600
Paula600

Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:06 pm
Hi everyone!!

I would like to know if you all hold a Master Degree. I'm a bit discouraged as I don't, I just have my 4-years Degree... Does anyone know if they ever choose someone just with a university level degree?

And is there anyone who applied for the Translation Traineeship?

Thank you
xx
Z61

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:07 pm
Paula600 wrote:Hi everyone!!

I would like to know if you all hold a Master Degree. I'm a bit discouraged as I don't, I just have my 4-years Degree... Does anyone know if they ever choose someone just with a university level degree?

Thank you
xx

Officially, yes. Unofficially, no, they only take pepole with master degrees (this is what I heard from a guy who finished his traineeship there).

I'm not sure if the same applies to translation traineeships tho.

Paula600
Paula600

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:28 am

Officially, yes. Unofficially, no, they only take pepole with master degrees (this is what I heard from a guy who finished his traineeship there).

[/quote]

Ok, thank you Z61, so I can assume there's no hope for me then...
Well, has anyone been contacted yet? Preselection should be already ongoing!!
dulitul

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:52 pm
Paula600 wrote:

Hey guys,

I sent my application in the end of August but by the time I hadnt completed my master. This happened on the 25th of September (officially). I just sent them a confirmation from my uni where the 25th of September is stated as expected date of gruaduation. Now its 03 of December so the 25th of September is long over. Do you think that I still qualify as having a master? Since in case they ask me now for graduation confirmation I can send it to them?

Thanks

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:14 pm
Hi dulitul.

I don't think they will consider that you HAVE ALREADY master degree. I think they are really strict and clear about it. As long as you have submitted in your application official certificate that you graduate they will count it, otherwise they wont.

I also hope (since this is my case too) they will give us at least some points or "pluses" because of a fact that we going to have or we have obtained master degree up to this date.
ECandidate
http://atraineeinbrussels.blogspot.com/

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:24 pm
dulitul wrote:

Hey guys,

I sent my application in the end of August but by the time I hadnt completed my master. This happened on the 25th of September (officially). I just sent them a confirmation from my uni where the 25th of September is stated as expected date of gruaduation. Now its 03 of December so the 25th of September is long over. Do you think that I still qualify as having a master? Since in case they ask me now for graduation confirmation I can send it to them?

Thanks

I don't think they will consider your recently acquired Master degree, because I have recently became a lawyer and completed my admission to the Bar Association and wrote to the Traineeship Office asking if such could still be included in my application (as I had stated I was a trainee lawyer, which I am not anymore) and they replied saying they could not change the data from my file.
ECandidate
http://atraineeinbrussels.blogspot.com/

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:27 pm
Paula600 wrote:Hi everyone!!

Thank you
xx

I agree that in theory people without a Master degree can be accepted, but given the competition and that so many people who apply have Master degrees, LLMs, post-graduation courses, professional experience, etc... there are little chances that someone with only a Bachelor degree is accepted.

But I suppose that if you get to the Blue Book, you'll still have chances that someone gets to your application there and chooses you!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum