Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phone calls

+6
Joan85
Marcanum
montenegrina
lulu
raluca
Tally
10 posters
Go down
Tally

Phone calls Empty Phone calls

Wed May 23, 2012 12:39 pm
So... do you think our information were already passed on to the relevant DGs? Anyone already got an interview?

I am realy curious...!
raluca

Phone calls Empty Re: Phone calls

Wed May 23, 2012 2:37 pm
well, I tried lobbying, but I got some automatic replies that they were in vacantion... so I am not sure what is happening...also, even though the preselection emails were sent, on the website, the preselected numbers were not published...we are a bit ahead of schedule (it should have been mid-June for the preselection emails)...last year, from what I read on this site, the preselection emails were sent on the 8th of June...so everything is unknown for me now Very Happy
lulu

Wed May 23, 2012 8:44 pm
I received an email form DG Sanco, unit A3/sector "Financial management". it's an internship offer but as we know, it's not a 100% offer as they officially send offers after 7th june as they wrote me. the mail was to check my availability and my interest.

Good luck
montenegrina

Wed May 23, 2012 8:54 pm
Lulu, wow it was a quick offer since the selection started today. Anyway, a lot of trainees are in SANCO each year. So, good luck :-).
Tally

Wed May 23, 2012 9:00 pm
Congrats,Lulu!

I will now send my lobbying e-mails and see what is happening. Hope it is not already to late?
montenegrina

Wed May 23, 2012 9:26 pm
Of course it is not late! :-)
lulu

Wed May 23, 2012 9:53 pm
Thank you.
I did not lobby not this year nor last year. Last session I was contacted by 4 units, but as I was not available anymore I had decline the offers. So lobbing might be good and helpful but not doing it doesn't mean you have no chances.

Montenegrina,
Do you happen to know how are the traineesips in that DG? Are they interesting and you do learn things?
The Unit is Finance and Planning Unit of DG Health and Consumers, DG SANCO.

I don't really know what to do, cus I am doing now an internship in a company and there is a chance of a contract. But, as noooothing is sure, I don't know what to do. I cannot reject a job offer hopping that I will receive an offer from the commission. Sad
Marcanum

Wed May 23, 2012 9:55 pm
Lulu, can I ask what you professional or academic background is?
montenegrina

Wed May 23, 2012 10:03 pm
lulu, it depends on you... you have to be pro-active if you want to learn things... sometimes stagiaires accept an offer in which they are not really interested. If you have a good job offer, you would rather accept it instead of traineeship.
lulu

Wed May 23, 2012 11:25 pm
Marcanum wrote:Lulu, can I ask what you professional or academic background is?

So, I am Romanian. I have a BA in Banking and Finance, MA in Finance and financial strategies of companies, and the last year of master I did it in France with Erasmus. After that, 2011-2012, I started another master degree in France, Organisation Management and company control. Professionally I had a job in romania during my first year of master, and now I am doing an internship as financial analyst in Paris, in a big company. The only declared languages are English and French. I had some extracurricular activities, conferences, and article published, language certificates...and good grades.

What I believe my strenghts are : definetly the international experience (in Europe and US with Work and Travel mentioned in my motivation to let them now that I am very open to international opportunities). Then I also think is and advantage my profile;, finance. and the fact that I knew how to sustain my choice.

Good luck to you all
raluca

Fri May 25, 2012 4:46 pm
hey guys... just wanted to tell you I ogt a phone call today from a head of unit to whom I lobbied...he said he liked my profile, he explained what kind of trainee he is searching, overall he was really nice and informal...he told me that they have another person on the shortlist, but they will let me know next week the answer.... so the interview wasn't long, it was informal (my heart was pumping like crazy, though) and it lasted less than 10 minutes...he asked what I know of the unit, but mainly he spoke, talking about the job...I am happy, but I can't be sure till we get the final results....so I'll just keep my fingers crossed till then Smile
ps:I wasn`t informed on email before the call...they just called
Tally

Fri May 25, 2012 4:50 pm
congrats! keep my fingers crossed for you!

May I ask which DG/ unit it was?
raluca

Fri May 25, 2012 5:23 pm
thanks. HR :d
Joan85

Fri May 25, 2012 9:26 pm
Hello everyone!

I also got two phone calls, but from units I did not lobby. The ones I lobbied have not come back at all, except from one which informed me that they have already selected their blue book trainee.

Likewise, i was not given any notice about the calls. Interviews were quite short and informal, however, in one of the two I was asked some quite specific questions relating to issues the Unit deals with.

They both said that they had one or two more candidates shortlisted so they will inform me later on.. so we will see!!

All this is regarding DG Comp!
Marcanum

Fri May 25, 2012 9:40 pm
Congrats Joan! What I'd do for calls Wink
raluca

Tue May 29, 2012 8:56 pm
well, you do know that there are some trainees who were never called, and just got the selection mail at the end of the period...so there is still hope Very Happy
ilonaLV

Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:09 pm
i just got a phone call!! and i didn't lobby for that unit. it was quite informal interview, they explained my tasks and asked about me. they said they hope i will accept the offer and they will send me it now. ( refreshing my email as crazy Very Happy still nothing ) so it means i am in????
Tally

Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:14 pm
Most likely, yes! Congrats!!! Which unit/ dg was it?
ilonaLV

Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:17 pm
it was DG Interpretation, External communication (but they said they are not a unit)
lulu

Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:20 pm
Was anyone contacted and offered a position in DG budget internal audit?
i have to give an answer to a job in paris before 4 when I have the interview so knowing that someone has got the offer would help me decide
thanks
ilonaLV

Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:22 pm
got the email Smile with informal elements like smiley :-)
Luna77

Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:52 pm
ilonaLV wrote:got the email Smile with informal elements like smiley :-)

Congrats!!!!

from where????what did they say?????
ilonaLV

Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:05 pm
the traineeship offer. from DG Interpretation External communication
Marcanum

Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:50 pm
Congrats iLona Smile
specterina

Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:38 am
I received a very brief phone call from DG Research asking only if I was still available. Didn't want to know anything else, and I am sure it resulted from an e-mail I sent lobbying because they called me to the phone number I provided in the e-mail (not the one in the application form).
equitysdarling

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:24 pm
got a call from DG Comp last week offering me a place. good luck to all.
Joan85

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:05 pm
Great equitysdarling! Which unit if I may ask? I also received an unofficial offer in dg comp!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum