Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
lill
lill

After interview phase Empty After interview phase

Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:23 am

I had my interview on Monday and I was told that by the end of the week the unit will choose their trainee. As I didn't get any email/phone call yesterday, what should I infer?

a) that they chose another person and they neglected announcing the rejected applicants;
b) that they haven't chosen the trainee yet maybe because they were busy;

From your experiences, do units announce you when they choose another person?

This situation makes me feel confused.
Montecito08

After interview phase Empty Re: After interview phase

Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:14 pm
similar situation here; however, I contacted them and said that they were not allowed to tell the outcome of the selection procedure yet and that I should wait for a formal reply...
lill
lill

Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:51 pm
But they didn't say WHEN, did they? Sad
Montecito08

Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:20 pm
"a couple of days"... just like they said during the interview... ;-)

Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:28 pm
Funny, during my interview they said "a couple of days" as well. I guess, since placement offers will be sent out from 1st July, most of us will have to wait for an answer for some time longer..
lill
lill

Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:28 pm
Today I started thinking to contact the unit that interviewed me and ask them about my application status. Do you think that they might get annoyed if I do so?Razz
Teebs

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:24 pm
ludmilla wrote:Today I started thinking to contact the unit that interviewed me and ask them about my application status. Do you think that they might get annoyed if I do so?Razz

If they were going to take you I doubt it would change their minds and if they're still deciding it might remind them of you. So I'd say go for it if you really want to know.
tonita

Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:44 am
ludmilla wrote:Today I started thinking to contact the unit that interviewed me and ask them about my application status. Do you think that they might get annoyed if I do so?Razz

Smile) Let me tell you what I did! In order to remind them that I really would like to make a traineeship in this specific unit I just sent a letter to express my gratitude about the interview and willingness to be their trainee. I hope that will help! Rolling Eyes
nic85

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:25 pm

here's a reply from DG ECHO following an email requesting news on the status of my application.

''The decision about candidates has been taken by this unit. However, it can only be communicated centrally by the Administration. I do not know about their timing but it was indicated to me that it will not be immediately. Unfortunately I am not in a position to provide a more satisfactory answer''

Kinda daunted by the 'not immediately' wording...

Teebs

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:33 pm
nic85 wrote:
here's a reply from DG ECHO following an email requesting news on the status of my application.

''The decision about candidates has been taken by this unit. However, it can only be communicated centrally by the Administration. I do not know about their timing but it was indicated to me that it will not be immediately. Unfortunately I am not in a position to provide a more satisfactory answer''

Kinda daunted by the 'not immediately' wording...

I think they send out the official results at the same time in... mid-July (I may be misremembering). So that will be the 'not immediately' part and shouldn't be too scary.
Alina

After interview phase Empty No phone call=no selection?

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:22 pm
Many of you already had an interview. I didn't receive any calls. Does it mean that I don't have chances of being selected? Maybe it is because I didn't apply to the administrative section....I hope so...
krista

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:57 pm
@ Alina: No, there is still a chance that you were selected anyway, without an interview. But you'll have to wait to find out. Like me Very Happy

Trust me, last year I had interviews and I still wasn't selected, so having interviews or not kindda leave you in the same state of limbo until we receive the official emails. Very few people REALLY know before the rest of us if they were officially selected or not.
tomaszkulawik

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:14 pm
Any idea when the final results will be out?
Montecito08

Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:37 am
Apparently it was said on this forum that offers will be sent out starting from July 1st...

But this "limbo feeling" starts to annoy me...
anna17

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:42 am
No interview here...but I got this reply from HR dep of EACEA:

The final selection will be closed on 24 June 2011 but at this stage, no traineeship
may be guaranteed. If you are selected by the EACEA, the Traineeships Office will
inform you by email and will then send you a contract as of 30 June 2011.

If, however, you have not received any notification by the end of July, you may
consider that your application has not been successful for the period beginning in
October 2011. You can still apply for a subsequent exercise, provided you are still
eligible. You must, however, submit a new application.

As lobbying for traineeships is not allowed, neither further contacts nor meetings
should be envisaged.

I don't understand anymore when's the deadline for results/offers:-)
and I don't feel lucky anymore, but this is not a tragedy, I think

best and lots of good luck to all of you,
Anna

Montecito08 wrote:Apparently it was said on this forum that offers will be sent out starting from July 1st...

But this "limbo feeling" starts to annoy me...

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:17 am
anna17 wrote: "If you are selected by the EACEA, the Traineeships Office will
inform you by email and will then send you a contract as of 30 June 2011."

From today or tomorrow onwards! That makes me nervous!

Interviews or no interviews, I think we're all anxious to hear the results!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum