Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General discussion for October 2012

+92
kaxia
Nika
europeana
Belle86
A_Lina
Alecca2u
FS
pocahontas
zungol
Inna
ocecon
Bazylia
zeko
Davidoff
Wave_brx
mb
_Alexander_
shypt
cloudy
risinmojo
ann_soph
Katko
mia_
scholar
GarthAlgar
Luna77
Daiana
arrdis
mermaid123
RebeccaR
bocho
ea0154
ilonaLV
polsky
grrr_v
Lauinmad
kaplaine
Marcanum
Aaron_
prek
fibica
montenegrina
srgold
oanaM
lutraka
piccola
mrsmith4
ivotsonev
specterina
marco1
Joan85
marth
n_one
bea***
ovca
beerchen
laplbn
alexcraciun
dicearco
imbroglio
marina.eva
dori_
nas
Jnster
hal9000
corrakdeniz
jaimesawyer
KateB
Dranklaw
GLDFSH
lulu
laure1985
KOGI
sb_ba
simona82
gaza
missjustice
zeepaardje7
Silvy_Cro
Aneena
SonjaK
Mali
ChristinaW
kudi
davor
hipersons
Tally
raluca
Montecito08
ready4everything
giulia22
saeyphi
96 posters
Go down
bea***

General discussion for October 2012 - Page 7 Empty Re: General discussion for October 2012

Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:24 pm
imbroglio wrote:Hi there,

Glad to find this forum!

I recently received an email from the Traineeship Offices stating 'We are pleased to inform you, that due to a cancellation, you have been selected for a paid traineeship in the Directorate General A3, Translation and Document production, from 04/09/12 to 31/01/13...'

My query is (and it probably sounds stupid, apologies!), but does this email mean I have actually gotten an offer of a traineeship?? I have not done an interview or anything, is that unusual?

I'd love an insight, because I don't know if I actually have a job, or if I've just gotten though to the second stage of application!

IMBROGLIO (good name!) maybe you were just IMBROGLIANDO (= cheating). How can you be already selected for a traineeship starting as of September 2012? obviously you are not (yet, at least).
bea***

General discussion for October 2012 - Page 7 Empty Re: General discussion for October 2012

Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:26 pm
Aneena wrote:It doesn't seem unusual - it happens actually very often - every unit needs to have a number of candidates, if the candidate of their first choice accepted but then rejected the job in the last moment, they contact the second choice candidate - hence you.
Send the documents and start searching for a place in Brussels Smile

But, Aneena, Imbroglio applied for the WINTER traineeship ! ? !
Aneena
Aneena

Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:16 pm
Oh yes, I've overseen the dates Smile) Then it makes no sense at all Smile
saeyphi
http://www.philles.be

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:58 am
dori_ wrote:I have read somewhere that the list of preselected candidates will be published after mid-April but it's not sure, it always varies. In 2009, they started sending emails to preselected candidates at the end of May, in 2010 and 2011 at the beginning of June. I guess, for the final results we have to wait until July.

The website of the Traineeships Office states that we will get a notification mid-June for the pre-selection and early July for the actual selection. The only notification you could get in April is if your application is not eligible. So still a while, which is... annoying.
lulu

Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:49 pm
saeyphi wrote:
dori_ wrote:I have read somewhere that the list of preselected candidates will be published after mid-April but it's not sure, it always varies. In 2009, they started sending emails to preselected candidates at the end of May, in 2010 and 2011 at the beginning of June. I guess, for the final results we have to wait until July.

The website of the Traineeships Office states that we will get a notification mid-June for the pre-selection and early July for the actual selection. The only notification you could get in April is if your application is not eligible. So still a while, which is... annoying.

Yes is a long wait.I apply for the second time...even though I have kind of rejected offers from the Comission.... one last week. So even if you are not selected in june or july you have all the chances of being selected also in late selections. So try to forget the traineeship until june Razz
imbroglio

Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:51 pm
bea*** wrote:
imbroglio wrote:Hi there,

Glad to find this forum!

I recently received an email from the Traineeship Offices stating 'We are pleased to inform you, that due to a cancellation, you have been selected for a paid traineeship in the Directorate General A3, Translation and Document production, from 04/09/12 to 31/01/13...'

My query is (and it probably sounds stupid, apologies!), but does this email mean I have actually gotten an offer of a traineeship?? I have not done an interview or anything, is that unusual?

I'd love an insight, because I don't know if I actually have a job, or if I've just gotten though to the second stage of application!

IMBROGLIO (good name!) maybe you were just IMBROGLIANDO (= cheating). How can you be already selected for a traineeship starting as of September 2012? obviously you are not (yet, at least).

I didn't know that about the word imbroglio, that's pretty funny! Don't think I'm cheating though.

I sent off all the documents they requested me, I received my contract, signed and returned it. I got an information package on what documents i need to prepare and how to find accomodation in Brussels. And I was told where I need to be in Brussels on my first day in work.

The person who will be my supervisor has been emailing me and has been offering me advice.

I can't speak on behalf of anybody else, but this is my experience. I don't know why it doesn't sync with the usual timeline. Maybe because I am going to the translation unit of a 'minority language'? Hmmm.
corrakdeniz

Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:37 pm
Ehy guys,

Just received rejection e-mail. Point is that I made a mistake within the WORKING EXPERIENCE section. You know that there are two parts: experiences WITHIN and experiences OUTSIDE the EU bodies. I put the European Voluntary Service within the EU bodies and that is a mistake.
I thought that for the EVS is organised and financed by the EU Commission then that was the case but not.
I called and was told that several people made such a mistake, so I'm posting this for future applicants!

Just personal opinion: I find absurd that people are not accepted for such things, personally. Filling in the wrong field may jeopardize the application, thus disregarding one's capabilities. Well, if that's the premise with this internship, glad to be refused.

Good luck to you all!

Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:24 pm
That's the reasons!!?? That's stupid!
I hope I put everything in correct field!
saeyphi

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:48 pm
So... If we haven't heard anything by now, does that mean our applications are eligible?

Btw corrakdeniz: that sucks, I didn't know they would be that sensitive to administrative errors! I thought they would probably let something like that slide, especially when it is a mistake that many people make...
hal9000
hal9000

Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:11 pm
The website still says that eligibility is ongoing. Maybe they've already moved on to the preselection phase and forgotten to update the information on the website. Anyway, I'm not really crazy about the whole 'no news is goody news' system. I'd much rather be informed whether my application has gone into the next stage or not, but I guess informing 10.000 people is no easy feat. It's even worse for us that applied to the DGT. We don't hear from them before they start calling people in the selection phase i.e. mid-July. -.-''

Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:06 pm
I think no one of us should expect any news before mid of June.
n_one

Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:38 pm
Hi all!

I have applied for the DG of Translation.

Does anyone know for previous experiences or applications when in case of applying for DG of Translation we are getting any news?

Since there is no preselection, I don´t know if they wouldn´t automatically give answers as they study the applications or if anyways they just communicate positive answers at the end (in July).. Probably they are already giving the negative answers?

Has anyone applying for a Translation Traineeship got any (positive or negative) answer yet?

Thanks and good luck! Smile
marth

General discussion for October 2012 - Page 7 Empty What about SANCO?

Tue May 01, 2012 6:51 am
Hi everybody!!

I just wanted to know if anyone has (ever) applied for a traineeship in SANCO, because I'm seriously thinking about that for march 2013 but I can't find a single answer in the whole forum talking about this particular DG.

Good luck to you all! And just keep in mind that there are hundreds of different options if you are not taken this time. Don't loose the faith Wink

Thank you for your answers. I will really appreciate any small piece of information!

Joan85

Fri May 04, 2012 7:36 am
Hello everyone! I have also applied for the October 2012 traineeship!

Marth, unfortunately I haven not heard anything about DG SANCO either.

I am aiming for DG COMP! but I have several second choices in my mind as I am aware that competition for DG Comp is fierce!

I have one question though! the lobbying part or the 'sending e-mails' part should only take place after preselection? what about now? Isn't there anything we can do to promote our application before preselection?

Thanks and good luck to everyone!
marco1

Fri May 04, 2012 12:30 pm
Hi everybody!
This is my very first time in this forum.

So it seems that "eligibility" level is finished and preselection is ongoing. No mail received, so I hope I passed eligibility criteria... Who else?
Good luck!
hal9000
hal9000

Fri May 04, 2012 4:07 pm
So it has! Wow, that took three loooooong months. I haven't received anything from them so I guess I passed too.

Fri May 04, 2012 9:34 pm
So now we wait mid of June :/
hal9000
hal9000

Fri May 04, 2012 9:46 pm
The month and a half until mid-June is nothing compared to the three months we've waited so far. Does anyone know how the DGs, specifically the DGT, contact candidates; per e-mail or phone?

Sat May 05, 2012 2:06 am
As I red here, usually they call you by phone...
Joan85

Sat May 05, 2012 7:48 pm
So, has anyone contacted the DGs yet or you'll wait until after preselection?
marco1

Sun May 06, 2012 1:45 am
I think any direct contact should take place only after preselection as described following the link below.

http://ec.europa.eu/stages/information/selection_en.htm#Infotab3

Maybe I'm wrong, but however the traineeship office provides you specific contact details for lobbying and support only after preselection.

Bye!
Joan85

Sun May 06, 2012 2:14 am
Thanx Marco for the link;) I thought so but just wanted to double check! Which DG are you interested in btw?

saeyphi

Fri May 11, 2012 5:59 pm
Right, I don't think lobbying now will do any good. The actual is based on points, so very objective. I will wait until I know whether or not I am preselected. At least I made it past the eligibility check Smile
raluca

Tue May 22, 2012 9:44 am
hey guys, has anyone received the preselection email??????
saeyphi

Tue May 22, 2012 9:59 am
I have and I didn't pass. So yeah, I'm out Sad
Good luck to all of you!
laplbn

Tue May 22, 2012 10:10 am
yey! got it!!!! now the question is: to lobby or not?
specterina

Tue May 22, 2012 10:12 am
Yes, I also received the e-mail. This year I have decided I will lobby! Good luck to everyone!
raluca

Tue May 22, 2012 10:13 am
me too....but I thought that we didn`t receive the email till mid June Very Happy
Joan85

Tue May 22, 2012 10:35 am
I received the email too and I am preselected:) quite early indeed!!
ivotsonev

Tue May 22, 2012 10:42 am
Hi all! I have just recieved an E- mail stating that I was not preselected by the Selection Committee. That is really strange because I did my application in the same was as I did for the previous traineeship application session and then I was preselected and even conntacted by some departments. I just wrote to the Stageries office and hope to recieve an reply.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum