Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Rima

Travel expenses allowance Empty Travel expenses allowance

Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:54 pm
Hey everyone,

just wanted to share some info, as I might be not the only one with such a situation. In January while applying for the traineeship, I filled in my address in the Netherlands (since I was studying there at that time). However, now I am returning back to my home country, Lithuania. I contacted Traineeship Office regarding my situation and they replied that the maximum ceiling for the travel reimbursement will be calculated on the basis of the address in the Netherlands... So now I will get max 60 EUR instead of ~550 EUR :/ It's a pity, since while applying I didn't notice anywhere a warning that the address I indicate will be the only one that matters for the reimbursement of the travelling expenses. If I knew it is not possible to change it afterwards, I would have filled in my address in Lithuania...

Well, hope nobody did the same stupid mistake and that applicants for the following years will read my message before applying ;]]
paola_s

Travel expenses allowance Empty Re: Travel expenses allowance

Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:55 am
Hi Rima,

sorry about the address problem... The selection takes so long and it's so articulated that it's tough to get everything right :/

I have more or less the same problem (I am from Spain although I stay in Paris most of the time), do we have to fill the legal entities form with the exact official/permanent address we declared in our application in January?
My file manager doesn't answer the phone since yesterday and I thought you might know Smile

Thank you and I hope you find the way to get a bigger reimbursement (or a super cheap flight Wink )
e8kylihe

Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:25 pm
My address changed inside my country but still this seems strange as they say that we can change the address during the application process.

This is quote from traineeship office about the confirmation of received printed application:
"Apart from notifying us of changes of address, please do not send any additional documents to put in your file (certificates, references, etc.)"

I informed the office of the change of address and they confirmed they will change it to my profile. But as I got the final offer it still states the old address.

Anyway, my point was above, that we should be allowed to change the address.
paola_s

Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:53 pm
It is pretty weird I agree.
I talked today with the TO and was told to fill the forms with the address stated on my ID card, which is not the one I declared since I don't live there anymore :-/
She also said the address we declare on the legal entities form is unrelated to the travel allowance address...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum