Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

October 2019 Traineeship

+89
Melian6
justanothercandidate
AnnaAnti
angel9
Annikkiii5911
Lucille.cdv
Trainee_SJ
marge7
lara.zangoni
martamartam
gmat
krisa11
Alex18
Eun
Edding
deightt
maiora
ALon
barbara5
Wolverine
Bruselas2020
rosalp
Romualdo
puempipi
sarah1
adam sostrum
LeocF
Unknowwwn
john90
Beire
ghums
fmslan
djleons
June06
Antoaneta_03
aghata.srezende
apl.2019
Rea24
Melamela
radar934
csanglez
zwe2014
SimonaAnna25
id123
ECIntern
HaHoHe
KingJamesEU
PatLit
AWP2050
ros
Kleeblue
Luis13
okaps 12
iratiik
translator
rin94
beoleo
heheb
tatarskaomacka
Niko
anpa
nellyg
JG91
Haykuhi
amundsen1
uni
Emvfri
elinaa
dcs
YaYa
Printsess_B
to88
TubaTube
Trainee2019
oxymorons06
sy lee
Meridionale
pp10
zs96
zubeman
C123
laurasarah11
Cavo
ania94
Davidoff78
cmarie28
Gmzel
lj_be
elif
93 posters
Go down
ECIntern

October 2019 Traineeship - Page 14 Empty DG HOME

Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:08 pm
Congrats to all those who have been contacted!
Did someone receive an offer from DG HOME? And from which unit in particular?
barbara5

October 2019 Traineeship - Page 14 Empty Re: October 2019 Traineeship

Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:19 pm
have you guys received the offers at a particular time? e.g. at 11:00 ? I just want to know if I should keep checking my mail Very Happy
cmarie28

Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:39 pm
I just received a rejection notice that I have not been selected. But it does say selection will continue... since I'm non-EU, maybe there is a small chance I will get something in July? Though I doubt it. So sad Sad
csanglez

Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:42 pm
I also got an email saying that all the offers were sent today and I was not selected. I may only get something if people reject the traineeship, but they say there is only a small chance for this.

Congrats to all of you!
tatarskaomacka

Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:54 pm
csanglez wrote:I also got an email saying that all the offers were sent today and I was not selected.  I may only get something if people reject the traineeship, but they say there is only a small chance for this.

Congrats to all of you!

Me too! I'll try next time Smile
fmslan

Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:55 pm
Yep, just received an email saying I’ve not been accepted. Very quick! Congrats to everyone else.
TubaTube

Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:00 pm
Any non-EUs selected?
maiora

Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:07 pm
Hi everyone! Congratulations to those who received an offer and good luck to the rest, as the process has not yet finished!

I have accepted an offer for the SG, and I will soon start looking for accommodation in Brussels. I was thinking that would be a good idea to go a month prior to the Traineeship so I can get used to the city, practise my English and all that stuff.
I was thinking about creating a WhatsApp chat group with other Blue Books interested in sharing tips, looking for accommodation, or just get to know each other as I just know like 2 people in Brussels. What do you guys think? Is anyone interested in looking together for accommodation or joining the WhatsApp thingy?

Best wishes!
aghata.srezende

Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:27 pm
Hey guys. First congrats to the new trainees
I am a non european and received a rejection; Are there non europeans who were selected? I wonder f it is worth it to try again for mars………...
JG91

Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:32 pm
Hey, did you receive an email for the rejection or it was on the account and when did you get it ?
I still did not receive anything (non-EU)
oxymorons06

Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:57 pm
to88 wrote:
oxymorons06 wrote:
to88 wrote:Hey guys, was anyone offered a position unofficially in interview, and then offered an entirely different unit today? I am a bit confused, this has happened to me and not too sure if I should contact the Traineeships Office or what. . . I mean, any offer is great but am a bit disappointed as I really wanted the position I had the interview for and the unit I have been offered today is totally different :/

Hey! First of all, congrats on getting the position! Did you also interview with the unit at which you are now placed with? There can be a couple of reasons why you end up at a different unit. It can be either that your current unit listed you as their number one earlier than the other unit and then it's first come first serve. It could also be something with HR that they changed the list slightly to accommodate for example nationality quotas. I'm not really sure to what extent HR has this power, but I think in your case it must have something to do with how fast your current unit was. Which DG did you get in? Smile

Thanks, I got a position in TAXUD and no, did not have an interview with this unit at all. It is so random, I mean, I am happy to have gotten a position and I received an email with the tasks I will by carrying out and it seems really interesting, but just such a non-transparent system!

Oh yeah, I agree - very non-transparent!
pp10

Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:54 pm
How do you guys were able to see the offer/contract? I just got a message with the selection result but I don't know where the detailed offer is displayed Sad
Any idea?

Thanks
deightt

Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:06 pm
pp10 wrote:How do you guys were able to see the offer/contract? I just got a message with the selection result but I don't know where the detailed offer is displayed Sad
Any idea?

Thanks

Hey I have the same issue. I received a message with an offer, but I still cannot accept it. I wonder if we should wait or contact the TO?
deightt

Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:15 pm
to88 wrote:Hey guys, was anyone offered a position unofficially in interview, and then offered an entirely different unit today? I am a bit confused, this has happened to me and not too sure if I should contact the Traineeships Office or what. . . I mean, any offer is great but am a bit disappointed as I really wanted the position I had the interview for and the unit I have been offered today is totally different :/

I have a similar situation... I was contacted by one unit and had a really nice interview and I understood that the guy I was speaking with liked me and said to wait until the TO will contact me. To be frank, he did not tell me directly that I was their first option, but when I sent a follow-up e-mail, he said that the I should wait for the offer from the TO. And today I received an offer for for a placement which I had no contact with and it is not even in Brussels, but in my home country. And I live in Brussels! Life is (or TO office) is funny Very Happy
radar934

Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:21 pm
deightt wrote:
pp10 wrote:How do you guys were able to see the offer/contract? I just got a message with the selection result but I don't know where the detailed offer is displayed Sad
Any idea?

Thanks

Hey I have the same issue. I received a message with an offer, but I still cannot accept it. I wonder if we should wait or contact the TO?

You can find the offer on the main page under notifications. You have to press the link: “Offer and instructions regarding your recruitment”. It should be right below “Results of the selection procedure”. If you can’t find it there it’s cause the offer still haven’t been uploaded yet and therefore you’ll have to wait Smile
Edding

Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:58 pm
oxymorons06 wrote:
to88 wrote:
oxymorons06 wrote:

Hey! First of all, congrats on getting the position! Did you also interview with the unit at which you are now placed with? There can be a couple of reasons why you end up at a different unit. It can be either that your current unit listed you as their number one earlier than the other unit and then it's first come first serve. It could also be something with HR that they changed the list slightly to accommodate for example nationality quotas. I'm not really sure to what extent HR has this power, but I think in your case it must have something to do with how fast your current unit was. Which DG did you get in? Smile

Thanks, I got a position in TAXUD and no, did not have an interview with this unit at all. It is so random, I mean, I am happy to have gotten a position and I received an email with the tasks I will by carrying out and it seems really interesting, but just such a non-transparent system!

Same here, I got a final offer for something really unexpected, that I didn't ask for, that I never did an interview for or got contacted by, and that I'm not interested about, in FRONTEX in Warsaw, whatever. The cool thing is, if I refuse, I'm out of the blue book. The only possibility I have, I guess, is to remain silent, and pray for another DG to make a direct offer like this within this week before they kick me . I guess I'd have more chances in the lottery. So I guess I'm done for this session guys, messed up this selection process.
Trainee2019
Trainee2019

Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:55 pm
Edding wrote:
oxymorons06 wrote:
to88 wrote:
oxymorons06 wrote:

Same here, I got a final offer for something really unexpected, that I didn't ask for, that I never did an interview for or got contacted by, and that I'm not interested about, in FRONTEX in Warsaw, whatever. The cool thing is, if I refuse, I'm out of the blue book. The only possibility I have, I guess, is to remain silent, and pray for another DG to make a direct offer like this within this week before they kick me . I guess I'd have more chances in the lottery. So I guess I'm done for this session guys, messed up this selection process.

So, FRONTEX is participating in the Blue Book traineeship programme? Shocked
I thought that they have a separate intern programme...
Eun

Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:03 pm
Any non-EU selected?

This is my second time to be in the bluebook and I am rejected again.
I thought I was qualified enough to get this chance but I don't know what should I do more to get it.
I am getting a bit frustrated by the situation.

This is almost the only way for non-EU to experience the EU work except the internship at delegations.

I wanted to achieve my dream of working in the EU institutions as a non-European, but may be I should give up now.
HaHoHe

Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:09 pm
ECIntern wrote:Congrats to all those who have been contacted!
Did someone receive an offer from DG HOME? And from which unit in particular?

Hey ECIntern, hope you are doing well! I did receive an offer from HOME D. What's about you?
Unknowwwn

Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:29 pm
Eun wrote:Any non-EU selected?

I thought I was qualified enough to get this chance but I don't know what should I do more to get it.

This is almost the only way for non-EU to experience the EU work except the internship at delegations.

I wanted to achieve my dream of working in the EU institutions as a non-European, but may be I should give up now.

I am also a non-EU and I got rejected, like all the non-EUs here. My question is: why do you allow non-EU applicants if you are not considering to take them at the end? This is just frustrating. Smile Good luck to all of you.
TubaTube

Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:05 am
Non-EU here. Got rejected also. I'm very curious to see if there are any non-EUs selected.
nellyg

Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:53 am
Hey guys! Another rejected here. Good luck to those who succeeded!
Alex18

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:45 am
Hey! Just for the statistics: I'm also non-EU and got rejected.
Good luck to everyone who got in!
Emvfri
Emvfri

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:47 am
Anyone else still waiting for the actual job offer and contract to appear?
Emvfri
Emvfri

Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:52 am
Emvfri wrote:Anyone else still waiting for the actual job offer and contract to appear?

Never mind that. I got mine about half an hour after asking
Gmzel

Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:26 pm
Hi Guys

Congrats to the ones who have been selected and the rest - do not lose your hope!

I have been selected for the department of ECHO - which is very exciting however I need to start looking at accommodations pretty soon! is there a facebook group i can join or is anyone looking for someone to look for a place? I dont know anyone from Brussels so any help will be highly appreciated. I am currently living in London.

Thanks
Gamze
AWP2050

Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:52 pm
Gmzel wrote:Hi Guys

Congrats to the ones who have been selected and the rest - do not lose your hope!

I have been selected for the department of ECHO - which is very exciting however I need to start looking at accommodations pretty soon! is there a facebook group i can join or is anyone looking for someone to look for a place? I dont know anyone from Brussels so any help will be highly appreciated. I am currently living in London.

Thanks
Gamze

Hey! I got and accepted an offer from ECHO too so I guess we’ll be meeting each other! Smile what unit? Btw, for accommodation you should check out the facebook pages “colocation bruxelles”, “wonen in brussel” and “bxl à louer - de bouche à l’oreille”.
Meridionale
Meridionale

Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:00 pm
Hi again Smile Yesterday I received a rejection letter. But I am going to apply for the next session. Congrats to all candidates who have received the offers and good luck to us for spring! Smile
cmarie28

Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:01 pm
Eun wrote:Any non-EU selected?

I truly don't think it has to do with your qualifications... I have three advanced degrees (one in European institutions specifically) and am a practicing attorney. My interviews went very well and the units I spoke with expressed that I was highly qualified for the posts. And I received a rejection. So my guess is we were "unconsidered" at the HR stage. If it is your dream, do not give up! Eventually, someday I think, we will be the right choice for HR.
okaps 12

Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:02 pm
I also got the rejection letter, and I am EU candidate.
Congratulations to all that got the offers!!

I think the problem in my case is that i didnt wisely choose the departments. I applied for EEAS and SG which are the most popular ones.

May I also ask you that are accepted, just for a sake of a better preparation for the next session, did u apply for the DGs in general or some specific Units within the DG?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum