Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Translators

+9
rachaelrosen
etetet
Irruiz
NicoMartin
Silvernight
Rise and Shine
leighleigh
SaraAmaro
ShefaniGirl
13 posters
Go down
NicoMartin

For Translators - Page 2 Empty Re: For Translators

Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:43 am
etetet wrote:i have another question: do most applicants for the translation traineeship have a background in translating? (academic—beyond fluency in languages—or professional)

No, I have never worked as a translator. I'm in the media sector. However, I have academical background as a bachelor and currently as a master's student.
Irruiz

Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:50 pm
Hi all!

Did anybody think about contacting the DGT to know the deadlines to select the translation trainees and whether our process differs from the administrative one?
etetet

Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:14 pm
i dont think they want us to do that, to be honest.

i feel like we re going to have to wait it out. but i do think they havent announced the brussels dgt selection, too.
Irruiz

Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:40 pm
I didn't contact them, I just wanted to know what you translators thought about that Wink
etetet

Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:30 am
Irruiz wrote:I didn't contact them, I just wanted to know what you translators thought about that Wink

ahh, boo. good idea, u send dat email and let us all know.

rendeer rendeer rendeer santa santa santa

anyway bye dudes, smell ya lata
VeCorrez

Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:56 pm
Hi guys!
So I've been reading several topics and still haven't understood how all this process works Razz Razz Razz Razz
Do you know if they will send us an email to inform us we have not been selected? I'm asking because the European Parliament did so.
This is just to undestand if there is a chance they will contact us later in January or not.

rachaelrosen

Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:13 pm
VeCorrez wrote:Hi guys!
So I've been reading several topics and still haven't understood how all this process works Razz Razz Razz Razz
Do you know if they will send us an email to inform us we have not been selected? I'm asking because the European Parliament did so.
This is just to undestand if there is a chance they will contact us later in January or not.

That is the eternal question, VeCorrez...

In the announcement of the results of the pre-selection (presuming we all received the same message), it states that "[s]elected candidates will be contacted by the DGT traineeship coordinator as soon as the selection is done [...]". It does not, however, state whether or not candidates who fail to be selected will be informed as such. I, for one, expect that candidates who have not been selected will simply be left hanging - call me bitter...

RR
VeCorrez

Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:31 pm
rachaelrosen wrote:

That is the eternal question, VeCorrez...

In the announcement of the results of the pre-selection (presuming we all received the same message), it states that "[s]elected candidates will be contacted by the DGT traineeship coordinator as soon as the selection is done [...]". It does not, however, state whether or not candidates who fail to be selected will be informed as such. I, for one, expect that candidates who have not been selected will simply be left hanging - call me bitter...
RR

I don't know if this can help but I read on a 2014 translator topic that they received the offers from mid January..so I think we only have to wait and see..
Rise and Shine

Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:12 am
Hi everyone! Did someone receive an offer for a traineeship in Brussels ? scratch
Thanks!
Marine92

Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:17 am
Hi everyone Smile
Last year, I was also included in the Blue book but I did not make it to the final stage.
And yes, I can confirm that if not selected for the internship, we would receive a message stating that we haven't been selected !

Hope this helps.

Good luck Smile
OleSea

Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:24 pm
Marine92 wrote:Hi everyone Smile
Last year, I was also included in the Blue book but I did not make it to the final stage.
And yes, I can confirm that if not selected for the internship, we would receive a message stating that we haven't been selected !

Hope this helps.

Good luck Smile

Hello!

When have you recieved the answer regarding the non-selection?

Marine92

Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:57 pm
I applied for the October session.
I think I received the message around the beginning of June.
VeCorrez

Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:31 am
Hi guys!
I saw on a topic from 2014 a document stating the number of applicants and the number of position available. It was uploaded on the European Commission website, however I can't find any similar to it. Have you got any idea where to look? It would be interesting to know how many people from our country applied Smile
Marine92

Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:47 pm
I saw on a topic from 2014 a document stating the number of applicants and the number of position available. It was uploaded on the European Commission website, however I can't find any similar to it. Have you got any idea where to look? It would be interesting to know how many people from our country applied Smile

I don't know if that helps but you can check the "Traineeship Statistics", that you can find at the bottom of the homepage.
It's not specific to translators though.
Also, I think each session, they select two trainees of each language.

Has anyone received an offer ?
Still nothing, I am losing hope Sad
Rise and Shine

Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:40 pm
Marine92 wrote:

I don't know if that helps but you can check the "Traineeship Statistics", that you can find at the bottom of the homepage.
It's not specific to translators though.
Also, I think each session, they select two trainees of each language.

Has anyone received an offer ?
Still nothing, I am losing hope Sad

Hi Marine! I haven't received an offer either Sad I wish we could know at least how many "possible" trainees have been selected for the Blue Book. I am Italian and I know that normally a lot of Italians apply for a the traineeship at EC. Anyway I guess next week is the last one for us to "still hope" to get an offer!Even if hope is the last to die! geek
Irruiz

Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:19 pm
Hi!

I haven't received anything yet. Do we receive an offer from the DGT before receiving the official offer? Or is it possible that we find out only when the people from the Traineeship Office contact us?

Irene
rachaelrosen

Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:38 pm
Hi guys,

I sent an e-mail before Christmas asking for clarification about when we would find out either way, but am yet to receive a reply. I'll let you know if they get back to me.

Anyone else attempted contact?
VeCorrez

Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:13 am
rachaelrosen wrote:
Hi guys,

I sent an e-mail before Christmas asking for clarification about when we would find out either way, but am yet to receive a reply. I'll let you know if they get back to me.

No I personally haven't. Has anyone received an offer yet?
Rise and Shine

Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:41 pm
VeCorrez wrote:
rachaelrosen wrote:
Hi guys,

No I personally haven't. Has anyone received an offer yet?

Ciao Vecorrez! No offer yet either.. I tried sending and email but no answer yet Sad
etetet

Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:24 pm
i mean it s only another ten days... i do think a bunch of us will get selected; it seems like the brussels translation selection is still fully bending.

good luck erryone!!
rachaelrosen

Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:49 pm
Seconded; good luck everyone!

For even if we are fated never to meet, our bond will live on for digital eternity thanks to the ever-lasting record of herculean patience to which this form testifies...or whatever. Losing my mind.

Love,

RR
etetet

Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:33 pm
oh i like you. lets both get it and hang out, plzz

kthxbye

ps. where u from, gal?
VeCorrez

Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:52 am
Any news? This is taking way too long...
etetet

Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:19 am
UGH I AGREE

getting antsy
Cam7

Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:29 pm
I've been following this post for quite a while but now I need to be able to talk to someone who understands. This is taking for eeeeeeeeeeeveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer. Do you think they'll still call us? I can't believe we first applied on August and we're still stressin out about this.
VeCorrez

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:59 am
I don't know if this can help but candidates from other DGs haven't received the official confirmation either. Only a few emails asking for their preference..I think the whole process isn't finished yet.
Cam7

Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:07 pm
I know I've asked if they knew when we would get an answer and they sent me this:

Dear Candidate,

The selection of trainees by DGs and services is still on-going.
Please note that some DGs contact candidates, others do not.
While the Traineeships Office shall ensure the proper functioning of the entire selection process, the responsibility for the final selection of trainees lies on the DGs and services. The Traineeships Office only receives a list with the selected candidates and sends the placement offers.
The Traineeships Office is not informed of the contacts between DGs and candidates.
However when a candidate is offered a position by several DGs, the Traineeships Office may take part in the process and upon request of DGs, may contact directly the candidate for him/her to express
His/her choice as to the DG s/he prefers joining.

Notifications of the results of the final selection should be sent by the end of the month.
Therefore we invite you to be patient.

Best regards,

So I guess all we have to do is wait and see...
etetet

Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:30 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yop62wQH498
rachaelrosen

Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:54 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFW6yUlgGdI
Irruiz

Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:00 pm
Did anybody receive anything?