Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lobbying/Emails/Interviews

+46
olmons
Roeslein
garod
Tz
Irruiz
Mgx1412
Moritz
Federico93BM
limawe
Cristina
marble
nonEUbürgerin
mandi
essess
Shai1
gagelea.george
kagathos
andie
ababesh
martaff
adrien38400
abcdefg
Soleilvert
LeireO
n.haroutun
lisa1989
TomasV
xvero
jenis18
valentinusi
jessinkaaa
alexia_30
Ele55but
hbrd
alzh
Nicholas DK
KarolisP
ec2016
Noddy
Rise and Shine
eskl
Baionarra
visaila
candidatus
pmo
Silvernight
50 posters
Go down
abcdefg

Lobbying/Emails/Interviews - Page 2 Empty Re: Lobbying/Emails/Interviews

Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:31 am
Hey guys! To those of you who lobbied- did you use the email addresses posted on the Traineeship results page, or something else? Thanks Smile
KarolisP

Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:13 pm
I emailed the heads of units that i was intrested in
valentinusi

Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:24 pm
Hey everyone! Has anyone gotten an offer from EAC? I've sent them an e-mail and got a reply it is not necessary to send any further information...So I was wondering if they have already contacted anyone, I could at least know it's over. Thanks!
Noddy

Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:35 pm
Hi guys, I am also Non-EU candidate and nobody contacted me so far. I have a question if you can see your application in pdf on your application page, because I can see only pdf application from the last selection round but not from this one. Thanks and good luck!
Rise and Shine

Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:48 pm
Noddy wrote:Hi guys, I am also Non-EU candidate and nobody contacted me so far. I have a question if you can see your application in pdf on your application page, because I can see only pdf application from the last selection round but not from this one. Thanks and good luck!

Hi Noddy,

I can't see my application neither, but it seems no one can. In my case, my application has disappeared and at the top I see "Application: October 2017".
I still haven't received any mail or calls from DGT.
Good luck!! Smile
Noddy

Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:02 pm
Thanks Rise and Shine. I just want to add that I did not lobby, but i wonder if anyone was contacted by DG AGRI, ENV or GROW? Those were my choices.
Ele55but

Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:10 pm
Noddy wrote:Thanks Rise and Shine. I just want to add that I did not lobby, but i wonder if anyone was contacted by DG AGRI, ENV or GROW? Those were my choices.

Hey everyone! Congrats to all. I started lobbying quite late apparently. Yes I contacted ENV yesterday but I didn't get any reply.
It seems strange however that they they take decisions so quickly. Anyway! Lets hope for the best!
jessinkaaa

Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:41 pm
For those of you put French as one of your languages, have you been asked questions in French in your interviews? If so, what kind of questions were asked in French i.e. motivation/interest/particular skill
ec2016

Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:35 pm
jessinkaaa wrote:For those of you put French as one of your languages, have you been asked questions in French in your interviews? If so, what kind of questions were asked in French i.e. motivation/interest/particular skill

I have been asked questions in french and english (I declared a C2 level in both languages). Questions in french concerned my university courses followed by a little discussion on the tasks performed by interns in the unit.
jessinkaaa

Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:45 pm
Okay thanks!
Roeslein

Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:49 pm
ec2016 wrote:
jessinkaaa wrote:For those of you put French as one of your languages, have you been asked questions in French in your interviews? If so, what kind of questions were asked in French i.e. motivation/interest/particular skill

I have been asked questions in french and english (I declared a C2 level in both languages). Questions in french concerned my university courses followed by a little discussion on the tasks performed by interns in the unit.
I was a bit disappointed because being interviewed by a German guy I had prepared answers in German, but then he spoke English the whole time . Sad Only declared it as B2 though (highest certificate I had), so that may be why?
ec2016

Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:59 pm
kagathos wrote:
eskl wrote:Does anyone know what happens when 2 units book same person? I had a call with a DG which I did not put in my preferences but that unit does really interesting work, closely linked to my background. I am just wondering if we have any "say"..

According to the Head of Unit that called me yesterday, we do have a say - he said that if I get another call/e-mail from a different unit and I am more interested in it, I can request "un-booking" so that the second unit can do so.

I was told the same, but I guess this applies only as long as the selection is still ongoing. I was also told by previous trainees that in January selected candidates receive a "take it or leave it" offer.

On the other hand, since the interviews are informal talks and there is no guarantee you'll get selected, has any of you (that had more than one interview) informed any unit that they are not interested - meaning rejecting an unofficial offer over another unofficial one?
KarolisP

Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:26 pm
I'm in!
ec2016

Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:31 pm
@karolis Did they send you an official offer?
KarolisP

Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:34 pm
No, but they said i should get it by next Friday
abcdefg

Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:36 pm
KarolisP wrote:No, but they said i should get it by next Friday

Congrats! Smile Can I ask from which DG?
KarolisP

Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:37 pm
Dg comp, unit E4
ec2016

Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:39 pm
Congratulations!! Fingers crossed for everyone else!
KarolisP

Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:42 pm
Thank you, hope you guys get something great as well Smile
valentinusi

Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:53 pm
Hey guys! Does anyone know if you're contacted by a department and you accept the offer (in December, by e-mail), can other departments contact you in January as well? Or if you accepted that offer, you're "closed" for further offers? Thanks!
kagathos

Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:56 pm
Ok, now I am totally confused. Does anyone know what happens from now on?

So today the units chose (or will choose) the trainees they are interested? How come they are confirming it next Friday already? And who confirms it? And what if a few units want you to become their trainee?
Nicholas DK

Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:34 pm
valentinusi wrote:Hey guys! Does anyone know if you're contacted by a department and you accept the offer (in December, by e-mail), can other departments contact you in January as well? Or if you accepted that offer, you're "closed" for further offers? Thanks!

As far as I´ve understood, saying "yes" to a unit means that they will book you. Meaning that no one else is going to contact you.
So, if you havnt gotten an offer by now, you will have to sit tight through January or maybe even later, and hope that some units will be doing last-minute snatching of some of the non-booked candidates.

Today was the closing day however. I was offered a place in a national representation of the EC and couldnt say yes right away, but the head of the unit insisted that they were running out of time and might even lose their right to having a trainee at all if they didnt book me by late thursday/early friday. I dont know if this also applies to some of the DG's.
alzh

Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:39 pm
Hi everyone and congrats to those who got an offer already! Has anyone heard anything from DG ECHO or DG EMPL-CV?
hbrd

Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:09 pm
Hello and congrats to those who received an offer! Has anyone heard anything from DG NEAR or EEAS?

Last edited by hbrd on Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ele55but

Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:11 pm
Hey guys. Does anyone here have an engineering profile/background ?
jessinkaaa

Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:45 pm
Hey everyone! Good luck on getting offers today. Is the main idea that they should call or e-mail us to let us know that they've booked us or will we only find out in the next few weeks through an official offer from the traineeship office? I can't stand this waiting!!!
alexia_30

Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 pm
Hello Guys! Has anyone heard anything back from EEAS, DEVCO or ECHO? Thank you for answering me Smile I can't stand this waiting anymore!
abcdefg

Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:13 pm
And has anyone heard from MOVE or JUST? Smile
n.haroutun

Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:27 pm
abcdefg wrote:And has anyone heard from MOVE or JUST? Smile

I initially contacted DG JUST Gender Equality Unit and they told me they already chose their candidate. In fact, I wasn't given an offer from any DG so I kind of lost hope already. Still though, anything could happen in January. Best of luck to all.
andie

Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:02 pm
Did anyone else get rather vague emails? I got one email asking me to formally confirm my interest and two like this:

"I thank you very much for your interest. We will do our best to reserve you for the XXX department.
You will receive information about your file directly from the Traineeships Office. Hoping to have you among the XXX trainees next March."

and (sorry, Spanish)

"Agradezco tu interés en nuestra unidad, haremos lo posible para que asi funcione. Te mantendremos al tanto" [Thank you for your interest in our unit, we will do what's possible to make it so. We will keep you informed]"

.... I have no idea what they really mean!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum