Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EU Council selection

+15
nann
lapiv
AncaD
SedLex
Veve78
claudi_reini
Mint Aizawa
Els
dr652
andreeamaria
FJ90
laura92
ansich
ACC
PeterStKing
19 posters
Go down
ansich

EU Council selection Empty EU Council selection

Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:34 pm
Hello everyone,
I'm just opening this topic since the selections are supposed to be happening very soon. Selected candidates are supposed to be contacted in December by the latest and in the last few years — judging by the post of previous years — they have usually been contacted in the first week of December. The ultimately unsuccessful candidates are only notified in January though (I guess they are kept in reserve if any of the first-tier candidates decline the offer).

If anybody gets contacted, please let us know!
PeterStKing

EU Council selection Empty Re: EU Council selection

Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:02 pm
I received an e-mail saying I was selected on the 16th of November.
Anyone else?
ansich

Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:20 pm
Hey, PeterStKing, thanks for the info! Did they include any further details, like scheduling an interview for example?
In the previous years some people were contacted in the middle of November and then in the first week of December as well. So I'm hoping for the best, I haven't been contacted as of yet.
PeterStKing

Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:03 am
Hey ansich!

Well, it said I was selected.
It included a generic description of the tasks.
And it gave me a deadline to respond if I accepted and a few more days to send certificates and other documents.
ACC

Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:50 pm
Hi Everyone!

This is my first time applying for this traineeship and I just wanted to ask whether you have any idea what sort of people they tend to select.
Also, based on the information provided we should be informed in late December. This means that we should wait for a pre-selection contact around that time? Or if we didn’t receive any answer until now, it means that we were not pre-selected?
Thank you.
ansich

Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:59 pm
If you look at posts from the previous years for the February period, chosen candidates are usually usually contacted at the end of november and in the first and second week of December. It seems that the first round already went through. So if any more of us get selected, we should probably get an email either this week or the next.
laura92

Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:26 pm
Any news anyone?
ansich

Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:16 pm
I think the chances of us getting contacted are pretty slim by now. Perhaps some will get an email in the next few days, but otherwise it's pretty much a done deal by now, I guess (with the exception being if a selected applicant for example refuses the traineeship in January and then they call someone on the waiting list).
FJ90

Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:13 pm
Hi,

Any news from the Council?

I have no answers since I sent the application form last July...
AncaD

EU Council selection Empty EU Council February 2018

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:20 am
Helloo everyone!
Is there anyone waiting for an answer from the Eu Council?
Does anyone have any news? Question Question

Thank you Shocked Shocked

andreeamaria

Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:55 pm
AncaD wrote:Helloo everyone!
Is there anyone waiting for an answer from the Eu Council?
Does anyone have any news? Question  Question

Thank you Shocked  Shocked

yep!! cheers
dr652

Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:19 am
I'm also waiting, have you received any information yet?
AncaD

Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:22 am
dr652 wrote:I'm also waiting, have you received any information yet?
Nothing yet...But last year on 16th of Nov people started to say they received news...so...
What were your options?
Mint Aizawa

Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:52 am
Does this thread refer to the traineeship at the council of the European Union, General secretariat? If yes,  I also have not received an answer yet.
I applied for the Energy domain and Trade, Development and ACP domain. I am a Civil Engineer with master's degree in Energy systems so I do not if there are any serious chances of being selected. I suppose most positions are for lawyers although I might be wrong. This is the first time I apply and I have little information about the traineeship.
Do not forget to check your spam folder for news at regular intervals!
Els

Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:45 am
Hello everyone,

Still no news?
AncaD

Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:48 am
Els wrote:Hello everyone,

Still no news?

Nothing yet.. Sad
Mint Aizawa

Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:10 pm
Els wrote:Hello everyone,

Still no news?

Nothing here as well Crying or Very sad
5kova

Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:38 pm
Hi everyone,

I am also applying for the first time and I am still waiting for some news, nothing yet ...
claudi_reini

Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:29 pm
I'm also still waiting for a response...
AncaD

Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:38 pm
claudi_reini wrote:I'm also still waiting for a response...
Still waiting...
But I have a doubt, did anyone contacted with the desired departament in order to ask for more info or just lobby?

I don´t know if we should...
SedLex

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:00 pm
Hi all,

I called the traineeship office to ask when they were making their selection. They told me that for CSDP as well as Justice and Home Affairs, they're still going through the applications but will most likely contact pre-selected candidates next week.
Veve78

Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:04 pm
SedLex wrote:Hi all,

I called the traineeship office to ask when they were making their selection. They told me that for CSDP as well as Justice and Home Affairs, they're still going through the applications but will most likely contact pre-selected candidates next week.

Hi,
would you be so kind to tell me if you asked just about those two departaments or you asked generally and they told you that the selection procedure is still going on only for those two and is done for the others?

I have spoken to one lady in the office today as well and she told me that in some departaments they have already selected candidates and in some they still don't, but she didn't want to tell me the details and told me the deadline to receive the good news is the 20th of December and that the unsuccessful applicants would be notified in January.
SedLex

Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:20 pm
I asked in general, but then she only gave the information about the departments I applied for.
AncaD

Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:30 pm
Maybe by "have already selected the candidates" this means they passed to the HR the list of the selected ones but maybe they didn't contact/inform nobody yet...
I believe they inform all candidates about the offers at the same time.
Or at least I hope so..I wasn't contacted yet...Sad

Veve78 wrote:
SedLex wrote:Hi all,

Hi,
would you be so kind to tell me if you asked just about those two departaments or you asked generally and they told you that the selection procedure is still going on only for those two and is done for the others?

I have spoken to one lady in the office today as well and she told me that in some departaments they have already selected candidates and in some they still don't, but she didn't want to tell me the details and told me the deadline to receive the good news is the 20th of December and that the unsuccessful applicants would be notified in January.
nann

Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:42 pm
Hi all,

I think it depends on the department. I've got an interview last week, but they told me today that they chose another candidate. So, some people are already selected.
lapiv

Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:23 pm
Thank you very much for the info naan. Following your experience, could please tell us which department did you opt for and therefore, seems to be already selected? Thank you!!
nann

Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:26 pm
The department was DGC Foreign Affairs, Enlargement and Civil Protection. But each department has few units. I guess that they decide independently.
5kova

Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:54 am
Hi everyone,
I see some of you have been interviewed already, can you please tell us what kind of questions did they ask you?

Chrissy Smile
AncaD

Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:59 pm
I am starting to focus my waiting for a non addmited email either than an affirmative answer... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
obba

Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:41 pm
AncaD wrote:I am starting to focus my waiting for a non addmited email either than an affirmative answer... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Yes. Actually me too. Has someone already been definetly selected? If yes, can you kindly specify the domains?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum