Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Andre87

Pre-Selection  Empty Pre-Selection

Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:51 pm
I've just received this e-mail:

Madam/Sir,

Your application has successfully passed the first stage of the selection procedure (Pre-selection).

Soon the Commission departments entitled to recruit trainees will search the database containing all preselected applications for suitable candidates. They may contact you for an informal interview. Please bear in mind that these contacts are not binding and that only a written placement offer from the Traineeship Office will confirm that you have been selected as a trainee. Placement offers will be sent out from mid-January.

Please note furthermore that the number of pre-selected candidates is three times higher than the number of available trainee positions. Therefore, being preselected is no guarantee that you will be offered a trainee placement.

There is no need to contact the Commission services at this stage. However, if you wish to do so, you may use the e-mail addresses indicated below. Those services that are not listed have no specific contact address for trainees.

Yours faithfully,

(Signed)
Belén Bernaldo de Quirós
Head of Unit Traineeships

So, am I in the Blue Book already? Can I start lobbying? Razz
Olga

Pre-Selection  Empty Re: Pre-Selection

Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:05 pm
The Commission services have finalised the pre-selection of trainees, for the March 2015 session. I regret to inform you that you have not been selected. Your score was 1.5 points below the threshold.

1,5 points... come on Sad
mestos

Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:31 pm
I'm also in, congrats to those who made it. Could other candidates please share experiences on DGs they wish to apply and updates such as interviews and stuff like that?
I am a law graduate applying at DG Comp. What about the rest of you?
Andre87

Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:38 pm
mestos wrote:I'm also in, congrats to those who made it. Could other candidates please share experiences on DGs they wish to apply and updates such as interviews and stuff like that?
I am a law graduate applying at DG Comp. What about the rest of you?

I have a Graduate Degree and a Master's Degree in Tourism, with a specialization in tourism demand seasonality & sport tourism.

I'll be applying/lobbying for rural development (Portugal & Spain unit); health & well-being; sport & erasmus; tourism policy; tourism and cultural instruments; regional policy (Portugal unit); aviation.
JoAnNa_A

Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:24 pm
Hello! Congratulations to those of you selected. I am in too and I am very happy but in the email sent to me I did not see any DG Home Affairs emails. Do they not give all the emails away? Or, if we want to lobby then we have to do it only to the mentioned DGs? Thanks!
ChristaK

Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:29 am
Hello!

On wednesday I received an email that I did not make it to the bluebook because I was 3.5 points below the treshold for the pre-selection.. Why did they contact me as I did not receive any communication on the pre-pre-selection? Is it because I was a certain ammount of points below the treshold or something?

Thnx for the clearification!

Cheers!

Christa
mestos

Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:45 am
christa, they send an email to all applicants. for those who don't make it into the blue book they inform them by how many points they were left out, in your case 3.5 below the threshold... i would be interested to know how they define this threshold though as this whole process is pretty dark in my opinion. not that I am complaining as I got into the BB but still that's how I feel
ChristaK

Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:54 am
Heey! Thnx for replying... Its just a bitt strange because one of my friend who also applied did not got a similair message... Anyway... To bad that I did not get in, will try again next time....

Cheers!
HatulaLevana

Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:30 pm
mestos wrote:christa, they send an email to all applicants. for those who don't make it into the blue book they inform them by how many points they were left out, in your case 3.5 below the threshold... i would be interested to know how they define this threshold though as this whole process is pretty dark in my opinion. not that I am complaining as I got into the BB but still that's how I feel

This is the only thing I found about the criteria.

What are the pre-selection criteria?
Any candidate is evaluated anonymously by two different evaluators on the base of the following criteria (in order of relevance):
Level of education
Language Skills in one of the three European Commission working languages other than your mother language. The three European working languages are: English, French and German.
Level of language skills in any other of the 24 European
Relevance of working experience, if any
International profile (mobility)
Motivation and quality of reasoning
IT Skills, organisational skills, publications and rare domain of studies

http://ec.europa.eu/stages/information/faq_en.htm

HatulaLevana

Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:36 pm
we just don't know how many points carry each one of those criterion. I suppose that the threshold is defined simply as a median or quartile of all values of received curricula.
europecity

Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:54 am
Can anyone tell me whether there is a difference between the candidate number and the Bluebook number? If we are pre-selected, are we supposed to get the Bluebook number later?
merimeri

Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:40 pm
europecity wrote:Can anyone tell me whether there is a difference between the candidate number and the Bluebook number? If we are pre-selected, are we supposed to get the Bluebook number later?

It's the same number!
Barisart

Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:36 pm
Is it possible that the Commission didn't sent any email to inform that you didn't enter into the blue book?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum