Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
masraci

Copy of University Degree: what are you going to upload? Empty Copy of University Degree: what are you going to upload?

Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:02 pm
Just the certificate or the diploma itself (the one we all have in our rooms) :-)

what about the language proof? I have certificates about courses held abroad, university transcript from an erasmus exchange and just three year school experiene for the third language
AmbraS

Copy of University Degree: what are you going to upload? Empty Re: Copy of University Degree: what are you going to upload?

Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:35 pm
I don't think the diploma itself is enough since they want to see the university transcript with all the subjects, marks etc.

Language proof, good question. Apparently we should have a language certificate for all the languages we declared to speak, not older than 2 years. That does not seem very practical. I'm sure must of us speak at least 3 foreign languages and I don't really see how we can have recent certificates in all of them.

Language courses do not seem to count...
Stan(Non-EU)

Copy of University Degree: what are you going to upload? Empty Re: Copy of University Degree: what are you going to upload?

Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:46 am
AmbraS wrote:I don't think the diploma itself is enough since they want to see the university transcript with all the subjects, marks etc.

Language proof, good question. Apparently we should have a language certificate for all the languages we declared to speak, not older than 2 years. That does not seem very practical. I'm sure must of us speak at least 3 foreign languages and I don't really see how we can have recent certificates in all of them.

Language courses do not seem to count...

"not older than 2 years" What is your source? I haven't seen such requirement in the rules
lav.m

Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:26 am
"Copies of proof of declared language(s) knowledge, which could be presented in the form of language certificates (no older than 2 years, with a mark and clearly mentioning the level of knowledge – mere attendance certificates in language courses are not accepted as proof!!)"

The above paragraph is an excerpt from the pre-selection e-mail. It seems they changed the rules a little bit this year. However, it is absurd to ask for language certificates no older than 2 years considering the fact that you don't take language tests every year. I took my Spanish DELE in 2005 and Cambridge Proficiency in English in 2012. I will definitely not take these tests again just for this traineeship. On the other hand, I work in a field where I use these languages on a daily basis, so, in my opinion, this is what really matters and this is a huge advantage.

Anyways, good luck everyone!
masraci

Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:33 am
that's exactly my situation!

how are we going to fix it!?
AmbraS

Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:43 am
Unfortunately I don't see any way to fix it unless you're able to get a language certificate and have its results back before April 18th, when we have to submit our supporting documentation Rolling Eyes don't worry about it, I'm sure most of people don't take language tests every year, it's crazy. Just submit what you have and try to demonstrate that you actually use those languanges evey day.
masraci

Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:01 am
ok.

one more information: how do you guys "organize" your PDF?
Are you going to "indicate" something in each page (i.e. this is for my diploma, this is my language certificate)...?
lav.m

Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:37 am
No, I will just scan each document in the order mentioned in the pre-selection e-mail without adding any additional explanation. The only thing that I will mention though (I did it for the March session as well) is the change of my family name. After marriage I received a new family name and all my school documents have my maiden name on them, so it is absolutely necessary to let them know that the person on my current ID is the same with the holder of the school documents provided. So, in addition I will just add a scanned copy of my marriage certificate.
ch_kesk

Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:36 pm
Hello!

I applied for the session October 2017 and I am waiting for the preselection results. I would like to pose you the following question: I am currently doing a master's degree and I'm going to graduate in June. I included this master in my application but I'm wondering in case I am preselected and I am asked to upload the relevant documents, do you know if I could upload a certificate provided by my University that it's only the presentation of my thesis left and I'm going to graduate in the beginning of June?

Thank you in Advance!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum