Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
european

Trainess in -- Luxembourg --  Empty Trainess in -- Luxembourg --

Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:57 pm
Hello everyone

As the majority of trainees is said to be located in Brussels, I thought of setting up a thread to share information among those of us who could (maybe/probably - cf. the discussion in the preselection thread ..) meet up in Luxembourg next March.

Anyone else around yet? Smile

Best regards
Michele

Trainess in -- Luxembourg --  Empty Re: Trainess in -- Luxembourg --

Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:51 pm
Hello!

We could (maybe/probably) meet in Luxembourg! I was "shortlisted" for the General Secretariat of the European Parliament, Directorate-General for Finance, Member's Travel and Subsistence Expenses Unit in LUXEMBOURG.

Have you tried searching for somewhere to stay already? Do you think they will help us with that?

Good luck with the next phase, I'm looking forward to meet you in Luxembourg! Very Happy
european

Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:45 am
Hi! I was almost afraid that there are virtually no people in Luxembourg, so very happy to here that! So (parts of) DG Finance and DG Parliamentary Research Services, at least Smile And as we came to understand in the preselection thread, it looks as if it is more or less a question of formal eligibility now.

I thought of getting into those practical things in January then, when we should have gotten the offer; but would share all the information I get on living on Luxembourg in this thread Smile

(E.g.: There is this "European Parliament Stagiaires Association" organising some events etc. around the internships, but they seem to be focussed on Brussels ? )

All the best!
Michele

Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:02 pm
I'm pretty confident there will be many other people in Luxembourg with us, they probably don't know about this forum. It isn't publicized at all... I myself have found it only a couple days ago.

So... Where are you from? How old are you?

I'm from Italy and I turned 23 yesterday Wink
Michele

Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:57 pm
Just received an e-mail stating that my file is now complete and that I now have to wait for the admission letter in late december! Very Happy

They also suggested that we contact the Parliament's Welcome Desk in Luxembourg - accueillux@europarl[dot]europa[dot]eu - for more information about accomodation there!
european

Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:23 pm
Yes, got that too! well I just read in the FAQ I guess that around 90% were in Brussels, 10% in Luxembourg, so just curious. you've got a pm by the way! Smile
hollyingram

Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:33 pm
Hi Smile I'm also going to be in Luxembourg doing a traineeship at the European Parliament (personnel unit). I'm 22 and from the UK Smile really hope we can meet!
Michele

Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:04 pm
hollyingram wrote:Hi Smile I'm also going to be in Luxembourg doing a traineeship at the European Parliament (personnel unit). I'm 22 and from the UK Smile really hope we can meet!

Yay! Wink

Anyway I re-checked the FAQ and they say that each year the accept about 360 people. Given that that 10% of the trainees are located in Luxembourg... There should be 30-40 of us in Luxembourg Very Happy
hollyingram

Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:05 pm
Oh good! Smile I know nothing about Luxembourg so trying to do some research haha. Have you had any luck with accommodation yet? I'm finding it difficult
Michele

Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:39 pm
I suggest you contact the Parliament's Welcome Desk in Luxembourg - accueillux@europarl[dot]europa[dot]eu - for more information about accomodation there!
They sent me a huge list of places and owners, I think I'm going to start to contact some of them in late december, after we know something more about our job there.

I think we could also consider sharing an apartment, you can find a room for as little as 300€ if you're okay with that.
hollyingram

Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:33 pm
I got the link too but a lot of what they recommend is occupied until the end of March unfortunately Sad but I haven't checked everything yet. Yes that sounds good, do you have facebook? Smile I tried to post a link to my facebook page but the forum won't let me haha
european

Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:14 pm
Hm slowly but surely there could be a Facebook group for the upcoming year, couldn't it ? Smile Eh and hi hollyingram, nice to meet you in Luxembourg then!
@Michele, are the 360 each year or each half round, as there are two periods? Smile
Best regards!
Michele

Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:55 am
Hey holly, I noticed you added your Facebook Profile to your account, but the link's not working because the website requires you to only write there the part of the link that follows "facebook.com/"

I also added my FB profile here and sent you a friend request! Wink
hollyingram

Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:06 am
Hey Michele, yay that's good you found me Smile Maybe later in December or January we should try to make a facebook page for the Luxembourg trainees, and hope more people join too!
vilsia

Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:45 pm
Hello guys!
I'll be in Luxembourg as well. My name is Silvia, Italian, 25. I'm going to be in the Directorate-General for Translation.
Have you all found an accommodation yet?
Michele

Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:25 pm
vilsia wrote:Hello guys!
I'll be in Luxembourg as well. My name is Silvia, Italian, 25. I'm going to be in the Directorate-General for Translation.
Have you all found an accommodation yet?

Ciao Silvia! Wink

I suggest you come check out our Facebook group:

EP trainees: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1734074953480564/?fref=ts
All trainees: https://www.facebook.com/groups/953195818107201/?fref=ts
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum