Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
RP1991

When should you start lobbying? Empty When should you start lobbying?

Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:54 pm
Hi!

I am wondering when exactly you should start lobbying. I thought you should start doing this once you are preselected. However, someone I know already called the head of unit one week after she filled in the application form.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
Stan(Non-EU)

When should you start lobbying? Empty Re: When should you start lobbying?

Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:45 pm
Around 20 000 application. Why don't each of us call them just once.
I think that is the best way to turn off the Commission.
Gaya85

Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:53 pm
I think, it is not very professional to call right after submitting the application. However, I have also the same question. should one start lobbying now (pre-selected) or after being selected to the Blue Book ?
feders91

Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:41 pm
I think that since one is not 100% sure to be in the blue book until he receives confirmation, it would be somehow inefficient to start lobbying now. I wonder, how would you present yourself at this stage?

"Dear HR of X Department, I am probably going to be in the blue book for this year, so maybe, in case I am still there once the list gets confirmed, I would appreciate if you could consider me for blablabla..." Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

However, since it is not a formal procedure, I'd assume that each candidate has its own "strategy"...
Gaya85

Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:00 pm
feders91 wrote:

"Dear HR of X Department, I am probably going to be in the blue book for this year, so maybe, in case I am still there once the list gets confirmed, I would appreciate if you could consider me for blablabla..."  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy "...

True. Thanks for clarification Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
feders91

Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:04 pm
Gaya85 wrote:
feders91 wrote:

"Dear HR of X Department, I am probably going to be in the blue book for this year, so maybe, in case I am still there once the list gets confirmed, I would appreciate if you could consider me for blablabla..."  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy "...

True. Thanks for clarification Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Didn't mean to sound ironic, I honestly have no clue! pirat pirat
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum