Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
GiuPilia

Pre-selected candidate - supporting documents languages knowledge Empty Pre-selected candidate - supporting documents languages knowledge

Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:48 am
Hello to everybody,
my application has been pre-selected and I have a question about the documents certifying the languages knowledge.
How do you certify the self-study languages knowledge (meaning: without any written proofs of it)?
Thanks!
GiuPilia

Pre-selected candidate - supporting documents languages knowledge Empty Re: Pre-selected candidate - supporting documents languages knowledge

Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:38 am
*pre-identified, not pre-selected.
But still same issue as above. :-)
Petroselinum
Petroselinum

Pre-selected candidate - supporting documents languages knowledge Empty Re: Pre-selected candidate - supporting documents languages knowledge

Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:12 pm
Hi GiuPilia,

I had the same question and I asked the TO.

In my case, I wrote in my application form that I am an A1 in German. When I called the TO, the person said that there is no need to prove the A1 level because it is not giving you any point. So if you are more than an A1, you need to certify it (and not by yourself) with a written proof. However, no certainty. Try to call them  Wink 
travisfull

Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:39 pm
I have not received any emails concerning the pre-selection. Someone in the same situation?
diazparadeda

Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:59 pm
Hello!

I haven't received any e-mail too. My status is the same as always. It is weird because they suppose to communicate both pre-identified and not pre-identified at the same time... isn't it?

I wonder is any other Spanish is in the same situation and also I wonder is there is any difference between applying for "external policies" or to "project, programs, funds"...

Good luck, btw!
travisfull

Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:28 am
The last round I was pre-selected, so it is really strange. However, only a few people received the email of pre-selection, so we should wait a little bit more to say the last word.

Someone else in the same situation?
a.cross

Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:48 am
@Travisfull

I am in the same situation, i didn't receive any email so far.

I have also been previously pre-selected before and I wasn't this time. I guess they will email everyone which was excluded later on.

Good luck for the others
Ivyspirit

Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:52 am
They do email the ones who are not preselected later on, this is how it happened last time. I'm in the same situation, preselected last time, no news this time.
Petroselinum
Petroselinum

Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:18 pm
Hi there,

If you were preselected last time, can you tell me if they will send us an email to confirm that they received all our documents and especially, if they have been validated?

Good luck guys !  Smile 
Ivyspirit

Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:25 pm
No, no such email will be sent. They will just announce if you have been pre-selected, as now you are just pre-identified. Being preselected means the supporting documents were ok.
Petroselinum
Petroselinum

Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:26 pm
Thanks a lot Smile
travisfull

Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:56 pm
Its really annoying. It doesn't make any sense at all... Sad
Johnson3

Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:53 pm
I also cannot understand the way of proceeding here ...
all cadidates should be treated equally, regardless of the fact if they were pre-identified or not.
I am really disappointed that there is no official information on our accounts, all we can rely on is what we hear from you guys on this forum.

What makes me also confused is that somebody wrote earlier that people from Poland received negative decisions. I didn't get anything though.
angelapia

Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:36 am
Hi guys!
For March 2014 they have sent first the pre- identification mails and after a while (I think 1 month, I do not remember the exact time now!)  the pre-selection mails to the candidates that have passed the documents check and the rejection emails to the not pre-identified candidates.

I guess that for Oct 2014 call we should know both pre-selection and rejection results by the beginning of May.
Also, I believe that the reason they have not sent the rejection mails yet is that they are waiting for all  the documents of pre-identified candidates to arrive. In this way, if less people send the supporting documents they can still contact people that were close to the threshold and ask for their supporting documents.
Hope it helps!Have a nice weekend!!
HearSay

Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:58 pm
They have posted this update on the official website:

Congratulations to those who have received the confirmation on 26th March that they passed the first stage of the selection.
Message to candidates who haven't received any communication:Thank you for your interest in the Traineeships Programme. Application period for the traineeships session March 2015 will start soon. Best of luck!

Does this also apply to the translation traineeship? Has anyone applying for the translation traineeship received any messages?
Molina

Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:46 pm
Does this also apply to the translation traineeship? Has anyone applying for the translation traineeship received any messages? wrote:

I find it hard to believe. But, wait a second, for March 14 we were also notified about 10-14 days after the administrative candidates. So I'll give it another week.
Oli

Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:47 pm
Hi everybody!

Im Polish and i applied for the translation traineeship, got no reply.
Is it time to give up hope?
It seems weird to me as i thought that they reply to each and every application....

however, the message on the website seems pretty clear...:Message to candidates who haven't received any communication:Thank you for your interest in the Traineeships Programme. Application period for the traineeships session March 2015 will start soon. Best of luck!

Anyone of u in a similar situation?
best of luck to u all  albino albino

Last edited by Oli on Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistake)
HearSay

Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:22 pm
I don't think anyone applying for the translation traineeship has received any messages...or so it seems! I have understood that pre-selected translation applicants will hear back only after the pre-identification for the administrative traineeship, so I wouldn't give up on hope just yet. I guess the pre-identified translation applicants will be notified by the end of this week (or next week until 18/4) but this is just me guessing  Smile

I'll post here immediately if I receive a message. I'm getting really anxious!  bounce 

Last edited by HearSay on Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missing word)
Ivyspirit

Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:05 am
Hello, I also applied for a translation traineeship and haven't got any message so far. I think there is still hope for us, it would not be the first time we hear back from them later than those who applied for the administrative traineeship. Good luck to you all!
yanaris
yanaris

Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:53 pm
Hi guys, one question.
Is it necessary this year to send the paper documents?
I dont think so, but I need to be sure, since today is the last day o_O
MissQuin
MissQuin

Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:04 pm
It is not. I received an email yesterday that submission of the supporting documentation in PDF format is compulsory for everybody. Submission via paper format is not compulsory, but if you want to you can send it to them (in addition to the .PDF files). If so, you need to send it to the European Commission with a dated and signed copy of your application.

I am not sure why anyone would though, it does not help you in any way and it takes up more time (in my opinion). But to each their own.
yanaris
yanaris

Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:07 pm
Oh thanks a lot. I know that it is compulsory via email, but I am looking for an adress to send the paper documents and I dont find it.
It is more easier this year
Thanks again :-)
MissQuin
MissQuin

Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:09 pm
yanaris wrote:Oh thanks a lot. I know that it is compulsory via email, but I am looking for an adress to send the paper documents and I dont find it.
It is more easier this year
Thanks again :-)
It's:
European Commission
Traineeships Office Unit
J70 2-181
Rue de la Loi 200
1049 Brussels (BELGIUM)

And before the name and address of the sender you should copy the subject of your e-mail message (nationality first, then candidate number etc.).

Good luck!
yanaris
yanaris

Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:13 pm
It is very near from my house. It is more easier for me to get there, instead of to go to the post :-P
Thanks a lot MissQuin!!!
Bisous and good luck for you too
MissQuin
MissQuin

Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:26 pm
For clarity's sake, I'll put the requirements they mentioned in the email once more below, for reference if others have the same question.

--> Submission of the supporting documentation in PDF format remains compulsory for everybody

--> Submission of such documentation in paper format is not compulsory any more, and does not confer any advantage in the final selection

--> If you choose however to send your documentation in paper format as well
this should include a dated and signed copy of your application
it should not include any other document not included in the submission in PDF format
it should be addressed as follows:
European Commission
Traineeships Office Unit
J70 2-181
Rue de la Loi 200
1049 Brussels (BELGIUM)
--> Subject line should be the same as the e-mail

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum