Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
lindam

Age limit for internship? Empty Age limit for internship?

Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:18 am
I'm just wondering if there is an age limit for the internship.
I'm 30 years old, have a Master's degree and a couple of years of working experience. Last year I started my second Master and right now I'm a full time student. I'm afraid
that this round is my very last chance to be a Blue Book Trainee because after I graduate from my 2nd Master I will be almost 32 and thats probably already to old for a Blue Book Trainee, isn't it?
Or should I apply next year anyway if I am not selected this time?
What do you think? Does age matter for the selection? Do you know Trainees older than 30?
Thank you for your advices!
Ivyspirit

Age limit for internship? Empty Re: Age limit for internship?

Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:51 am
There is no age limit for the EC traineeships. I'm 32 and I applied for the first time this year. My application was shortlisted, so I guess age is not an issue  Very Happy
teana

Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:10 pm
Ivyspirit wrote:There is no age limit for the EC traineeships. I'm 32 and I applied for the first time this year. My application was shortlisted, so I guess age is not an issue  Very Happy
May I ask why are you doing this internship at this age? especially since you already have jobs? And this is not a guarantee that you'll get employed by the EC?
Ivyspirit

Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:30 pm
First of all, I'm not thinking of this traineeship as a way of getting a job, not even as a good thing to put in my CV. Before dreaming of being employed by the EC, I have to make sure I WANT to work for the EC! Second, I find it an interesting experience and an opportunity to see how things are done at a larger scale. Third, I must go to Brussels for personal reasons. Last but not least, "this age" is as good as any other age for doing whatever you feel like doing  Very Happy
teana

Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:44 pm
Ivyspirit wrote:First of all, I'm not thinking of this traineeship as a way of getting a job, not even as a good thing to put in my CV. Before dreaming of being employed by the EC, I have to make sure I WANT to work for the EC! Second, I find it an interesting experience and an opportunity to see how things are done at a larger scale. Third, I must go to Brussels for personal reasons. Last but not least, "this age" is as good as any other age for doing whatever you feel like doing  Very Happy

Don't get so defensive, I was just wondering about your motivation Wink
Ivyspirit

Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:04 pm
And I shared my motivation with you, I'm sorry if you found my answer defensive, I was just being honest Very Happy 
Bottom line, if the EC doesn't mention an age limit, it's because there isn't any! Good luck!
MoreEU4all

Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:23 pm
There is no age limit, they only pay attention to the fact that it must be part of your professional formation. In your case being a student you are totally eligible for the traineeship. On the contrary, if a 26 years old guy graduated with 23 and is now stably working he is eligible but it is unlike for him to get an offer.
erik12

Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:16 pm
I am 26 and I have a stable job.  Smile And I thought I am too old for this internship.
mr bean

Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:18 pm
I am 80 years old,I like Belgian chocolate and I like Belgian beer.That's why I applied!  afro 
MoreEU4all

Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:23 pm
erik12 wrote:I am 26 and I have a stable job.  Smile And I thought I am too old for this internship.

Lucky you then!!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum