Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interview with Unit representatives

+38
mede84
susvs
nas
minka
diana_s
llyla
ARC86
palindrom
Ivyspirit
PolyD
aguila
Greenie
Ksenia_M
pamg
lucia_roman
Molina
medeeya
AR
haaryboo
crismestre86
Angelique123
Ursula13
andradaiulia
teana
itavv
vvlv
peropi
mariammc
kiar
idealia
stevedale84
cat
shteffy
travisfull
maltina
eeritrejaa
BSM
jacksad
42 posters
Go down
jacksad

Interview with Unit representatives Empty Interview with Unit representatives

Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:11 pm
I just had an interview, it was kind of hard talk in english and german on wide variety of topics with 2 representatives of the Unit. I;m not sure how this went for me, now i think i could add so much to this conversation. They told me they will make a decision tomorrow or latest by the end of the week.
What worries me is the fact that I had 4 missed calls from undisclosed numbers I could not call back, so guys watch for your calling phones
BSM

Interview with Unit representatives Empty Re: Interview with Unit representatives

Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:23 pm
Good job! Good luck! With which unit did you have an interview?
jacksad

Interview with Unit representatives Empty Re: Interview with Unit representatives

Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:24 pm
competition
eeritrejaa

Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:37 pm
I seems that a lot of you guys got calls yesterday and today, good for you Smile
No luck here... I'm starting to feel that my profile is too general.

Could please everybody posted in this thread from which Units and DGs you received calls?
So the rest of us know which units are already calling (and didn't call us).

Thank you!!
maltina

Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:51 pm
Congrats for those who started to get calls! Btw, eeritrejaa, don't give up - DG COMP is know for selecting interns very quickly, I know that from the former trainees, I also know some people who did not have any interviews and still they got in.
Good luck to everyone, and remember, this traineeship is just one option among many others, your lost nerves is too high price to pay for that Smile
travisfull

Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:54 pm
so far my telephone is really quiet, unfortunately.
Considering a lot of you have already received several phone calls I'm not so positive about the outcome.

Thanks for sharing your experiences guys!
travisfull

Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:55 pm
maltina wrote:Congrats for those who started to get calls! Btw, eeritrejaa, don't give up - DG COMP is know for selecting interns very quickly, I know that from the former trainees, I also know some people who did not have any interviews and still they got in.
Good luck to everyone, and remember, this traineeship is just one option among many others, your lost nerves is too high price to pay for that Smile

Can I ask u how many people received an offer without receiving a phone call?
I would like to understand the ration between phone calls and the offers.
shteffy

Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:57 pm
jacksad wrote:I just had an interview, it was kind of hard talk in english and german on wide variety of topics with 2 representatives of the Unit. I;m not sure how this went for me, now i think i could add so much to this conversation. They told me they will make a decision tomorrow or latest by the end of the week.
What worries me is the fact that I had 4 missed calls from undisclosed numbers I could not call back, so guys watch for your calling phones

Congrats! I hope i will get some calls soon...can i ask you what is your background? Thanks! Smile 
cat

Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:01 pm
jacksad wrote:I just had an interview, it was kind of hard talk in english and german on wide variety of topics with 2 representatives of the Unit. I;m not sure how this went for me, now i think i could add so much to this conversation. They told me they will make a decision tomorrow or latest by the end of the week.

That's great! May I ask if you have been lobbying or not?
stevedale84

Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:59 pm
I know for sure that all the selected candidates are chosen during the first two weeks.
After just two days, I feel that I'm losing all hope, since nobody has called me so far. Can I ask the people who got contacted what kind of profile they have?
It's the second time in a row that I got preselected and I'm afraid I'll be disappointed again...
travisfull

Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:08 pm
stevedale84 wrote:I know for sure that all the selected candidates are chosen during the first two weeks.
After just two days, I feel that I'm losing all hope, since nobody has called me so far. Can I ask the people who got contacted what kind of profile they have?
It's the second time in a row that I got preselected and I'm afraid I'll be disappointed again...

Me too, second time I have been pre-selected and no success so far...actually I am experiencing the same with other internships... Crying or Very sad 
eeritrejaa

Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:12 pm
Hey people, just got a call from DG Environment.
Didn't lobby, my profile suits about 60%. But they got me really excited about the work there performed, so I keep my fingers crossed!! Of course they told me that they will be interviewing more candidates and that this interview doesn't mean anything.
maltina

Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:39 pm
@travisfull, I don't know every trainee to provide you with a number of people who received traineeships. All I want to say is that no interviews does not mean that no traineeship. No rationale behind that Wink
eeritrejaa

Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:42 pm
travisfull wrote:
stevedale84 wrote:I know for sure that all the selected candidates are chosen during the first two weeks.

Me too, second time I have been pre-selected and no success so far...actually I am experiencing the same with other internships... Crying or Very sad 

Hey, I believe that some units were calling today and yesterday, but some will in the next days and weeks. For example, we know that people were called from MARKT, COM, ENTR, ENV, COMP etc.

But JUST, HOME, DEVCO, ECHO, TAX, and many many others didn't (as far as information on this forum tells us). So pleeease don't loose hope. Let's just send  santa our wishes Smile
idealia

Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:44 pm
I also got a call today from the European Union Visitors Programme, which I didn't even know existed. Apparently the Unit for Public Policy and Election Observation (Service for Foreign Policy Instruments) forwarded my CV to them because they don't take trainees themselves.
The guy was really nice and explained to me what I would be doing, why he thinks I would fit and asked if I was interested.
Seems they already shortlisted five candidates to call.
kiar

Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:48 pm
travisfull wrote:

Travis, if I may ask, when you were preselected that other time, did you follow the same strategy as in this second time??

I mean, did you lobby last time and got no answers? Or didn't lobby and now you are?

Just to know about other peoples' real experiences.
mariammc

Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:57 pm
eeritrejaa wrote:Hey people, just got a call from DG Environment.
Didn't lobby, my profile suits about 60%. But they got me really excited about the work there performed, so I keep my fingers crossed!! Of course they told me that they will be interviewing more candidates and that this interview doesn't mean anything.

May I ask if it was a specific unit, and which one, and if you did any lobby?
peropi

Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:10 pm
Thanks to everyone who posted their experience. It is really helpful to know what is going on! I don't have a lot to share, I sent around 5 e-mails and got no answers or calls.
eeritrejaa

Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:11 pm
I didn't lobby for DG Environment, but I did lobby for several others. It was D something. You must know I was really nervous and I didn't understood the first few sentences, and I didn't lobby for any specific unit or at all at DG ENV, so no clue. But the interview was really nice and the work would be also so I don't even care, I just want the traineeship Smile
vvlv

Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:49 pm
Last year I was pre-selected and shortlisted for EACI. The interview was extremely hard and specific and I did not get the position. This year I tried to be more specific and as I mentioned before - got the call from CNECT. I heard from one unit, that they have to select their trainees till this Friday. But previous years' experience showed that a lot of trainees were picked without calls and the one who got calls were not selected - so we are all kind of in the same situation - good luck to every body.
itavv

Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:55 pm
Hi, I have received calls from 3 different units, 2 of them wanted me and I was pre-booked and highlighted to the Traineeship office by the one that I' ve chosen...does anyone know if I can consider this as a sort of offer?

anyway taling 'bout DG COMP
teana

Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:16 pm
travisfull wrote:

for what DG have you applied?
andradaiulia

Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:17 pm
eeritrejaa wrote:I didn't lobby for DG Environment, but I did lobby for several others. It was D something. You must know I was really nervous and I didn't understood the first few sentences, and I didn't lobby for any specific unit or at all at DG ENV, so no clue. But the interview was really nice and the work would be also so I don't even care, I just want the traineeship Smile

Can you tell us what did they asked you? Details about DG's activity, about your expertise in this field or just general stuff about yourself? Y also lobbied for a Unit in the DG ENV (ENV.E.1), but still no answer from them...
Ursula13

Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:09 pm
Heyy Guys,

I thought I would join the common suffering. Smile Its good not to be alone. Smile
I lobbied at DG DEVCO and FPI. I had an automatic reply from both of them and apparently, they have a joint co-ordinator as I got the same reply with the same name.
However, an exact deadline of sending out the letters of acceptance was mentioned in the e-mails, 15th January.
travisfull

Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:15 pm
kiar wrote:
travisfull wrote:

Travis, if I may ask, when you were preselected that other time, did you follow the same strategy as in this second time??

I mean, did you lobby last time and got no answers? Or didn't lobby and now you are?

Just to know about other peoples' real experiences.

Last time I decided to lobby and I didn't receive any calls.
This time, I am still pondering on what I can do. Anyway, so far, no phone calls for me. My cv is really "normal" and regular, I don't have interesting experiences in big NGO or International Organizations; I didn't had the chance unfortunately, and of course they prefer people with experiences I guess.

Considering the christmas holidays (and the deadline for formal offer - 15th january), we have more or less 10-12 days of time, then the game is over. I don't think that during the first two weeks of january they will make phone calls.
Good luck to everyone of you!
eeritrejaa

Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:10 pm
andradaiulia wrote:
eeritrejaa wrote:I didn't lobby for DG Environment, but I did lobby for several others. It was D something. You must know I was really nervous and I didn't understood the first few sentences, and I didn't lobby for any specific unit or at all at DG ENV, so no clue. But the interview was really nice and the work would be also so I don't even care, I just want the traineeship Smile

Can you tell us what did they asked you? Details about DG's activity, about your expertise in this field or just general stuff about yourself? Y also lobbied for a Unit in the DG ENV (ENV.E.1), but still no answer from them...

They just explained the work and asked me about why I applied for traineeship, about my academic background, my thesis (and why it does not have anything in common with the areas of interest I described in application), then they let me tell why I think I have all those skills that would be helpful with the work. No "exam" questions, really kind people Smile
Angelique123

Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:42 pm
Hello everyone,
i received a call today but i was at work and i didnt have much connection in the building so i was barely hearing the lady who called so well. i just got that i will be interviewed tomorrow from an Internal Audit Unit and i didnt get which DG was that   Neutral  i think i heard Budget but im not sure,,dont kno how to prepare for the interviw
crismestre86

Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:23 pm
Hello all,

I think my issue has already been discussed here or in another thread but with the bunch of posts after the pre-selection e-mail it is impossible to find nothing!

Well, I got two phone calls today from my 2 most favorite units, both of them saying they are interested on my profile, saying that they have now to deal with the HR department of their unit, so as well known by all of us, no binding callings.
So, my issue. after this phone calls, the following step is already a formal offer from the traineeship office? or is it another "not-binding" phone call?

Do you know if, once they choose a candidate, they can send already the formal offer or is it necessary wait until january?

Apparently I had more than one question Smile thanks in advance and bonne chance !
haaryboo

Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:47 pm
Crismestre, can you tell us which units called you?

thank you!
crismestre86

Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:51 pm
both from DG ENVI
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum