Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interviews

+58
ecobus
angelapia
Finna
idealia
Ursula13
ALEXAN12
gannatsel
mariju
alicemarie
ams47w
ab527
loolapaloozas
aust2000
MLand
skaykilmaz
laurip
ada.s
grey18
kigeugeu
Christos_Marazo
pinootie
AlZa
Luna77
prox_n
wwy
monique1302
Anni1
kasparuz
yanke
DutchBB
milera
pancho974
scsj
rocknrohl
minka
dinamo
mlle
sonnenblume
baanka
europe4all
DSS
schatten
rabrab
EleonoraM.
Dora19
eupotential
at86
Elanor
estrella13
ECandidate
Anne-Lise
KS2012
arty99
alex2006
Flam
JakubCZ
palindrom
kimkillah
62 posters
Go down
Dora19

Interviews - Page 2 Empty Re: Interviews

Tue May 21, 2013 4:29 pm
JakubCZ wrote:Hi!
I recieved 2 answers from DG ELARG. In the first and immediate they told me that the selection has already been done. But the second answer was that they will consider my CV..

May I ask which 2 units responded to you?
JakubCZ

Tue May 21, 2013 4:42 pm
Both were general (maybe automatic) answers from Human Resources Unit of DG ELARG.
EleonoraM.

Tue May 21, 2013 4:45 pm
Hi,

In case someone is interested to know, Unit D6 from DG SANCO is not taking interns for the upcoming period. HoU has answered my email telling me that.

Has anyone received some more feedback from DG SANCO?
Dora19

Tue May 21, 2013 4:48 pm
JakubCZ wrote:Both were general (maybe automatic) answers from Human Resources Unit of DG ELARG.

Thank you. So you wrote to E1 or to some other unit? I'm curious cause I sent my CV to one of B and one of C units but haven't received any answer by now.
JakubCZ

Tue May 21, 2013 4:58 pm
Dora19 wrote:
JakubCZ wrote:Both were general (maybe automatic) answers from Human Resources Unit of DG ELARG.

Thank you. So you wrote to E1 or to some other unit? I'm curious cause I sent my CV to one of B and one of C units but haven't received any answer by now.

Yes, yes! I sent it to Unit A – ENLARGEMENT POLICY AND STRATEGY..Wink
Dora19

Tue May 21, 2013 5:04 pm
Thanks again Smile
rabrab

Tue May 21, 2013 5:17 pm
Got an interview with DG Comp earlier this afternoon, very nice person on the phone and the questions were quite easy (in English) about my motivation etc.
Elanor

Tue May 21, 2013 5:26 pm
Just got the following from a unit in the Americas section of EEAS:

"Thank you very much for your interest to work in our Division. Should the traineeship position in our Division for the second semester 2013 be confirmed, we will proceed with the examination of the applications received and will notify all applicants accordingly."

So that means they don't know yet if they are getting a trainee?
Elanor

Tue May 21, 2013 5:28 pm
By the way, I guess this also confirms that lobbying does play an important part! Note how she mentions they will continue with the examinations of the applications received, I'm thinking this means the lobbying e-mails!
arty99

Tue May 21, 2013 7:04 pm
rabrab im sorry to ask but do you mind telling me which unit in dg comp? i have lobbied there as well and havent received any answer at all Sad
schatten

Tue May 21, 2013 7:28 pm
I have sent some emails to DG Connect and DG Informatics... no answer Sad
Did someone write them emails too? Smile
DSS

Tue May 21, 2013 7:57 pm
Anyone applying to Legal Services? I haven't received any emails or calls and somehow I have a feeling this will be quite the unsuccessful process. I mean we're 4000 people who were pre-selected fighting for a few spots! Grrrr.
rabrab

Tue May 21, 2013 8:01 pm
Schatten: I've sent some emails to DG Connect too but I received 2 automatic replies stating that the head of unit was out of the office this week, must be vacations time for some of them. I had only one personal answer saying that they were about to start the selection, that's all.
schatten

Tue May 21, 2013 8:13 pm
rabrab
And to which unit did you send? I sent to E2, E3 and H3 Very Happy
arty99

Tue May 21, 2013 8:57 pm
i sent to dg just and legal service but i got out of office emails and no response Smile
kimkillah

Tue May 21, 2013 11:02 pm
I have received only general emails:
- EEAS is evaluationg my CV (BUT it's a general email, the "Dear Candidate" type)
- EAC will carry out phone interviews (2 emails almost identical from 2 different units)
- EUROPEAID might contact me later (general email)
- ECFIN won't get trainees (Globalisation, Trade, Development unit)
- COMM says it is not necessary to send CVs
- EMPL does not take trainees (unit External Relations, Neighbourhood Policy Enlargment, IPA)
- EMPL says to wait for an official communication from TO (unit Human Resources)
- ENTR will examine my CV carefully (at least the email was "personal" with my surname)

And that's about it for today. No phone calls.
alex2006

Wed May 22, 2013 12:45 am
kimkillah wrote:I have received only general emails:
- EEAS is evaluationg my CV (BUT it's a general email, the "Dear Candidate" type)
- EAC will carry out phone interviews (2 emails almost identical from 2 different units)
- EMPL does not take trainees (unit External Relations, Neighbourhood Policy Enlargment, IPA)
- EMPL says to wait for an official communication from TO (unit Human Resources)
- ENTR will examine my CV carefully (at least the email was "personal" with my surname)

Have you sent emails on addresses created for trainees or you have tried to send to Director General or head of the Unit?
JakubCZ

Wed May 22, 2013 8:30 am
Hi!
I got some simillar automatic email answer from FPI 4 - Public Diplomacy and Election Observation. They say that selection has started and in case they are interested I´ll be contacted..Wink
good luck!
Elanor

Wed May 22, 2013 8:39 am
Hey, so I contacted the unit Democracy and Electoral Observation in the EEAS--is this the same as the FPI one? They seem so alike!
rabrab

Wed May 22, 2013 9:25 am
Schatten:
I sent emails to units B1, B2 and B3 and task force legislation team at DG Connect
europe4all

Wed May 22, 2013 10:05 am
@kimkillah

which EEAS unit replied you?
ECandidate
http://atraineeinbrussels.blogspot.com/

Wed May 22, 2013 10:08 am
arty99 wrote:rabrab im sorry to ask but do you mind telling me which unit in dg comp? i have lobbied there as well and havent received any answer at all Sad

Lobbying doesn't work so much in DG COMP. If you wrote in your application that you're doing a Master related to Competition law (or if you mentioned the word "competition" somewhere), it may be likely that you get a call from them even with no lobbying at all. That DG is known for being super quick in choosing their trainees and for paying a lot of attention on when the blue book opens for consultation and immediately searching for trainees with a background on "competition", trying to reserve "the best" right away.
kimkillah

Wed May 22, 2013 10:17 am
alex2006 wrote:
kimkillah wrote:I have received only general emails:

Have you sent emails on addresses created for trainees or you have tried to send to Director General or head of the Unit?

I sent my emails to the HoUs!
at86

Wed May 22, 2013 10:45 am
I have heard nada, not even an auto-reply message. Aimed my lobbying at SANCO and some units at DEVCO. But I suppose it must not be a bad thing, maybe they take it into consideration silently and make their decision.
arty99

Wed May 22, 2013 10:50 am
ecandidate thanks for your reply! i have mentioned i am doing my thesis in competition so we shall see Sad
baanka

Wed May 22, 2013 2:26 pm

Hi everybody!

So, I have sent 8 letters to the Units I really like and did not get ANY reply. Not an automatic one, non a general one.

Wondering if it's rather good or not.

I sent the letters Tuesday early in the morning, as I concidered it was impolite to disturbe Heads with traineeship issues during the weekend, but now start to think it might have been a wrong decision...
EleonoraM.

Wed May 22, 2013 2:38 pm
baanka wrote:

Hi everybody!

So, I have sent 8 letters to the Units I really like and did not get ANY reply. Not an automatic one, non a general one.

Wondering if it's rather good or not.

I sent the letters Tuesday early in the morning, as I concidered it was impolite to disturbe Heads with traineeship issues during the weekend, but now start to think it might have been a wrong decision...

Hey,

I've sent 5 letters on Monday night, not much apart from you.. One of the HoU told me rather promptly that the unit is not taking interns in October (unit D6 from DG SANCO). For the remainder 4 I'm still waiting for any response... hopefully they're assessing the applications!
I would't worry much about your timing, taking into account that Monday was a public holiday...

To which units did you lobby?
Anne-Lise

Wed May 22, 2013 2:47 pm
Hi, I also sent letters to DG SANCO, but to Units E.4 adn A.2 and I didn't receive any response... and I'm still waiting.
sonnenblume

Wed May 22, 2013 8:19 pm
Hey,

did someone have an interview already? I find the process so frustrating, I sent some emails already on Friday but received no answers whatsover from the most interesting units, so I can't figure if they even host trainees or not. Only some very general thank you for your interest and wish you luck email from the leal service

So annoying -!
mlle

Wed May 22, 2013 8:38 pm
Same here! I really wish the process wouldn't take as long. I also understand the criticism of the selection process...it is just too opaque. Basically no one knows what is going on and the experiences of people here are not comparable at all. Then again, this is only the second day everyone is back in the office and I am guessing, they've also got more important stuff to do than reply to poor interns or even worry about them at all...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum