Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DSS

Pre-selected, now what? Empty Pre-selected, now what?

Fri May 17, 2013 9:40 pm
Hi everyone. I received an email today that I was pre-selected but I feel as though realistically speaking this does not mean much. I sent the DG I am most interested in (which UNFORTUNATELY I did not note as my "preference" in my application later), but hoping this wont prejudice me too much.

What is everyone doing? Are you calling the DG? Emailing? Sending motivation letters and CV further? Is it better to patiently wait? Should I be worried that no one has asked me for an interview since I received the pre-selection email today? Smile

Any advise much appeciated!
kimkillah

Pre-selected, now what? Empty Re: Pre-selected, now what?

Sat May 18, 2013 9:45 am
I am sending email to some HoU. I wasn't prepared to whole process, I admit: so I found myself yesterday afternoon studying organizational charts of every DG.
I have selected some Units (around 50) and already sent some emails.
During the weekend I will write other standard email for each type of unit, and send them by Monday.
Then I'll just wait.
It's the first time I apply and I was sure not to be preselected...so I basically ignored the whole thing!! Neutral
europe4all

Sat May 18, 2013 9:52 am
What do you guys think it's best, send an email to the the HoU, send it to the general email that they sent in the pre selection message or both?
Jimmy.86
Jimmy.86

Sat May 18, 2013 4:07 pm
I am not sure if we should annoy the DGs and other just like that? It clearly says we have been preselected, meaning we made it into a "pool" of candidates that DGs and other bodies will browse for suitable interns ... I don't think it makes sense to spam them.
kimkillah

Sat May 18, 2013 4:52 pm
Jimmy.86 wrote:I am not sure if we should annoy the DGs and other just like that? It clearly says we have been preselected, meaning we made it into a "pool" of candidates that DGs and other bodies will browse for suitable interns ... I don't think it makes sense to spam them.

I agree with you. But it looks like lobby is a standard procedure for trainees, and one that can give you more chances to be selected.
So I say: why not?
DSS

Sat May 18, 2013 7:24 pm
Yeah I guess so. But are you sending email ONLY to the HoU of the DG you are interested in or to like everyone working in that DG? Also, each DG is composed of tons of teams, are you then sending emails to the heads of each team? This process is so strange. I wish they would have just selected a candidate from the beginning, rather than having to guess whether to bother them further, or not.
DSS

Sat May 18, 2013 7:28 pm
Also, is anyone considering calling directly? Too much or good idea? Any former trainee with advise would be great!
Jimmy.86
Jimmy.86

Sat May 18, 2013 9:50 pm
DSS wrote:This process is so strange. I wish they would have just selected a candidate from the beginning, rather than having to guess whether to bother them further, or not.

I agree. I mean why making such a competition out of this ... Oh well ...
Mona88

Mon May 20, 2013 11:53 pm
Jimmy.86 wrote:I am not sure if we should annoy the DGs and other just like that? It clearly says we have been preselected, meaning we made it into a "pool" of candidates that DGs and other bodies will browse for suitable interns ... I don't think it makes sense to spam them.

Neither do I but I find myself wanting to just because everyone else seems to be doing it! If I knew about this idea that you should lobby, maybe I would've prepared myself in advance but I don't have the time to do it now!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum