Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Selected - where will you be working?

+16
chupson
enrica
El
marcciella
marta
LauraFA
Nadine
chowks
Kermit the frog
operom
lamazi
ana_sp
alexte
hendy
maia
myrskypilvi
20 posters
Go down
myrskypilvi

Selected - where will you be working? Empty Selected - where will you be working?

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:22 pm
Congrats to those who got selected - looking forward to meeting you in Brussels!

And if you didn't get through, don't give up!!! This was my third try. The first one few years back, got preselected but not selected. Second time for October 2010, not even preselected.

But now finally I'll be working for DG Home, Unit Visa Policy. Almost perfect place for me!

Oh I'm so happy I could... I can't even think of anything right now!

Very Happy Very Happy sunny king santa
maia

Selected - where will you be working? Empty Re: Selected - where will you be working?

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:30 pm
Hi everyone!

I've also been selected ! I will be working in the European External Action Service! I'm from France and I studies international law!

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Maïa
hendy

Selected - where will you be working? Empty Re: Selected - where will you be working?

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:53 pm
I am also applying for the 3rd time!
I got selected with no e-mails, calls or interviews. I tried sending a couple of CVs but I'm not sure they did anything Smile

I am going to be in Directorate-General for Communication, Inter-Institutional Relations

myrskypilvi

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:06 pm
Me neither, no contact from any services during the selection period. Got lucky purely based on my papers. And I haven't studied in Oxbridge or anything! Wink

But my first choice was one of the less popular ones, maybe that's the reason why paper application was enough? Especially as I have both professional experience & academic knowledge in the area of the DG in general & my unit in particular.

alexte

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:12 pm
I will be working in DG Climate Action - Economic and strategy Assessment (my second choice, but still amazing). And yes...this is my second try Smile And no, I am not an Oxbridge graduate, just very enthusiastic about Climate Change policy.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:17 pm
I'll be in DG Emploi !
ana_sp

Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:03 pm
I will work for DG Competition Very Happy
lamazi

Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:07 pm
I am curious who will be in EAC or EACEA, as I never met anybody of these DGs yet. Btw, congratulations to you, guys!
operom

Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:40 pm
lamazi wrote:I am curious who will be in EAC or EACEA, as I never met anybody of these DGs yet. Btw, congratulations to you, guys!

suprise!!!

I'll be working for DG EAC Smile
lamazi

Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:47 pm
operom wrote:
lamazi wrote:I am curious who will be in EAC or EACEA, as I never met anybody of these DGs yet. Btw, congratulations to you, guys!

suprise!!!

I'll be working for DG EAC Smile

Cool Smile Congratulations! May I ask which unit?
operom

Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:53 pm
EAC.C.2 and u???
lamazi

Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:02 pm
I didn't apply this time. But if I could chose Smile, I would love to work at A1, A2, A5, B1-4, E1 or E2. (as you can imagine, education and youth is my focus). Good luck to you and let as know how you like it there Wink!
operom

Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:15 pm
I had an interview (very formal one) for E1 (10 people for one placement). I don't speak French so it could be my disadvantage... However, I'm very happy that I'll be working in my unit Smile
lamazi

Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:22 pm
That's really tough! Anyway, you are in the EAC now, this is what counts!

So cool! And I know what I'll be studying the next months... exactly, French Wink
Kermit the frog

Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:51 am
Competition!!!! Any other frogs at Competition??
chowks

Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:26 pm
If we haven't heard from anyone yet, do we assume we haven't been selected?

I got through pre-selection but have heard nothing else....
myrskypilvi

Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:53 pm
chowks wrote:If we haven't heard from anyone yet, do we assume we haven't been selected?

I got through pre-selection but have heard nothing else....

Honestly I have no idea what that means. Maybe they just didn't inform all the applicants at the same time?

..but I would also recommend to check your spam-folder. That's where I fished my offer from!!! Wink
chowks

Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:58 pm
ah cheers. It was in my spam. Not been selected. What a day brightener!

Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:40 pm
Executive Agency for Competitiveness and Innovation!!

Smile
Nadine

Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:34 pm
Hey everyone,
happy that i found this forum! :-)
I'll be in Luxembourg [DG INFSO Unit E6 Safer Internet], anyone else? ;-)
Looking forward to meet you for the introduction in BXL in March!
Cheers, Nadine

Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:05 pm
Hello everyone,
I have been selected (it was my third attempt as well Smile ), I'll be at the Enterprise DG. Anyone else?

see you in March!!

Ps Has anyone started to look for an apartment?
Ps2 Do you know what kind of documents should we send to the Commission - I know we'll get the official information by post but I'm just curious Smile
LauraFA

Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:14 pm
Hi guys!

I've also been selected! I'll be in DG interpretation. Is anyone looking for accommodation already? It'd be great if some of us could share a flat!
marta

Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:30 pm
congrats to everyone!
anyone with the external action service?
marcciella

Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:38 pm
Hello! I would like to ask if you have already received also the detailed offer or just the general notification about the selection result. Thanks
myrskypilvi

Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:47 pm
Hi Marcciella,

no, I haven't received the detailed offer yet either. But I'm not too worried about that yet, as I have other things to clear out...

Seems to become problematic to combine the stage with finishing my second master's degree within this year. Bummer!
marcciella

Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:51 pm
Thanks for the answer! Smile I have also others things to worry about besides that, but I would like to start with finding the accommodation and I hope the coordinator listed in the offer or signed in that mail could help me!
GL with the exams, you will manage and then will have fun during the traineeship Wink)
El

Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:17 pm
LauraFA wrote:Hi guys!

I've also been selected! I'll be in DG interpretation. Is anyone looking for accommodation already? It'd be great if some of us could share a flat!

Hi!

Congratulations! cheers
I am thinking about applying for an interpretation traineeship at the October stage although I do not have got any relevant qualifications neither experience (I mean in the field of interpretation) only background academic knowledge concerning matters related to the EU etc. (both in my mother language and in foreign languages).

Do you think I have got any chance?
enrica

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:07 pm
Hi guys,

I'm new in the forum. I will be a trainee at DG AGRI. Anyone out there in the same DG?

I look forward to meeting you all!

Cheers
LauraFA

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:54 pm
Hi El!

I've been selected to work for the Information and Communication Unit of the Interpretation Department, so I don't think I'll be involved in any interpretation projects per ce. I have a media/journalism background, and I think that's what they are interested in. However, I'd encourage you to apply even if you don't have a lot of experience, as this is an internship and I don't think they are looking for people with a lot of experience. You can try!
Lots of luck!

Nadine

Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:40 pm
marcciella wrote:Hello! I would like to ask if you have already received also the detailed offer or just the general notification about the selection result. Thanks

Hey Marcciella, hey everyone,
so far "just" the positive notification about the selection result, but looking forward to more information :-)
Meanwhile i was reading a bit on the application page about some further proceedings (http://ec.europa.eu/stages/information/traineeship_en.htm#Infotab1) but i guess most of the prospective interns are reading that anyway..
Will now continue to finish studies...time pressure :-/
Cheers, Nadine
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum