Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lobbying if preselected

+25
DutchBB
rabrab
arque
scsj
yanke
beetroot_dk
mlle
JakubCZ
KS2012
alex2006
Mona88
wwy
schatten
Jimmy.86
at86
Elanor
kimkillah
monique1302
travisfull
FeJeNo
Husker
lilli84
martina310
rocknrohl
Aneena
29 posters
Go down
arque

Lobbying if preselected - Page 3 Empty Re: Lobbying if preselected

Fri May 24, 2013 2:16 pm
that makes perfect sense, of course, aneena! just wanted to check. thanks for all your help in these forums
at86

Sat May 25, 2013 12:19 pm
May I ask if anybody is still lobbying or is that time-window closed now?
scsj

Sat May 25, 2013 2:55 pm
I just lobbied over last weekend till Tuesday and that's it. I guess lobbying now is probably pointless (and actually I still don't know how productive it is at all, or at least for me Very Happy )
Elanor

Sat May 25, 2013 2:57 pm
I sent out e-mails on the Friday that we got the preselection mail. But I remember from the last period that I sent my lobbying mails a day or two later and lots of people were still sending them the week after. But the sooner the better I think!
at86

Sat May 25, 2013 3:16 pm
thanks for the answers. Also sent my lobby mails last weekend but after not hearing anything I go a bit nervous and started questioning if I should have sent even more. But our best is all we can do and hope that it goes well.
DutchBB

Sun May 26, 2013 2:25 pm
I did similar, I send my emails on Monday and Tuesday. I got some replies (a few out of office ones) and many did not reply at all. You could lobby, and do so, if you have units you are interested in too - what do you have to lose other that an hour of your time? For me, I'm not going to lobby anymore because I don't know other units which would fit my profile. I should say it the other way round, my profile doesn't seem to fit other units.
Also, one forum member has written a blog on doing a traineeship in Brussels in which she also explains what to do after lobbying (thanks for the blog, very helpful!). If you are reading this, could you tell us a bit of what you do on a daily basis? Also to others who are doing or have done a traineeship and wander around this forum, could you please give us some insight of the tasks you perform? And your work hours? Thanks in advance.
ECandidate
http://atraineeinbrussels.blogspot.com/

Sun May 26, 2013 4:30 pm
DutchBB wrote:I did similar, I send my emails on Monday and Tuesday. I got some replies (a few out of office ones) and many did not reply at all. You could lobby, and do so, if you have units you are interested in too - what do you have to lose other that an hour of your time? For me, I'm not going to lobby anymore because I don't know other units which would fit my profile. I should say it the other way round, my profile doesn't seem to fit other units.
Also, one forum member has written a blog on doing a traineeship in Brussels in which she also explains what to do after lobbying (thanks for the blog, very helpful!). If you are reading this, could you tell us a bit of what you do on a daily basis? Also to others who are doing or have done a traineeship and wander around this forum, could you please give us some insight of the tasks you perform? And your work hours? Thanks in advance.

Hello! That's me Wink

As for the work performed, I work in a legal Unit, where everyone are lawyers and so far I have been to several meetings and conferences (including in the EP, Economic and Social Committee, a lunch-talk at a University, workshops and summits with the participation from a representative from each Member State) and have been assigned to take notes during them to then write the reports on them. I also worked on some complaints forwarded by the European citizens regarding my area of practice and have been assisting the officers in the process of transposition of some specific directives (by analyzing the legislation of each Member States that transposes the said Directive, see if it complies with it, act if it doesn't). It is interesting work, even just for the fact that you get to be in those places that you were used to see on tv or read about in the news and have the chance to work with people who are really experts in what they are doing and be in conferences, meetings, summits, etc which are not open to the general public and that otherwise you wouldn't get a chance to be in.

As for the working hours, I usually work from 9h to 18h with an 1h break for lunch. But this is a bit flexible, as in, if I need to arrive on day at 9h30 or leave at 17h/17h30, or take an 1h30 for break at lunch, it's okay. But in 90% of the days, those are the hours I am at the office working.

Regards,
Mariana
DutchBB

Sun May 26, 2013 5:15 pm
Thanks for the info! It sounds interesting and versatile!
mariju

Tue May 28, 2013 11:20 am
Hi,
I'm new here, so hi everybody Smile I also got preselected and I just start to lobby now, because I just came back from vacation. sunny
I don't really know how to start, because I applied for interinstitutional relations and I'm not really sure, who is responsible within a DG for that... is anyone here, who applied for the same and could clear it up a bit? Would be very thankful for that!

Aneena
Aneena

Tue May 28, 2013 11:22 am
Go to the commission directory, CTRL+F "interinstitutional relations" and you find all the units Smile
mariju

Tue May 28, 2013 11:33 am
Thank you, Aneena!
It's all very confusing at the moment! ;-)
kasparuz

Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:05 pm
If it hadn´t been for lobbying I wouldn´t have been offered a traineeship where I wanted to, because they hadn´t shortlisted me!
BSM

Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:53 pm
Hey Guys,

I am hoping to be officially pre-selected for this session and I currently trying to prepare some of my lobbying emails Smile All your comments have proven to be very useful, I saw that HoUs emails are formed by 1st name.2nd name@ .... My question is, however, what if the 1st name is abbreviated - just ''R.'' ? Should I try to google the whole name of the person or then in the email I just put the abbreviation as a first name, followed up by the full second name?
Thank youuu!!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum