Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

official offer

+10
yusc
nej
raluca
aphes2001
asdqwerty
Missy_S
KitKat
eurohopeful20
ECandidate
chiarab
14 posters
Go down
chiarab

official offer Empty official offer

Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:16 pm
Hallo!! Do you know when the official offer will come and which kind of documents we need to provide?

I'm a bit worried as in Italy it became particulary difficult to get certificates due to a recent law on self-certification...I was lucky in July as I had some certificates printed in 2011 and I could use those ones (I still have those pdf). For one course I was needed to ask for an "unofficial" certificate, but now I'm a bit worried if I need to provide new documents or translation as it will take some time in Italy.
ECandidate
http://atraineeinbrussels.blogspot.com/

official offer Empty Re: official offer

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:40 pm
I got the official offer today! They don't mention any documents, just that at presentation day we need to take our identity card and proof of health insurance with us.
eurohopeful20

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:06 pm
Where are you from?
KitKat

Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:19 am
I got my second email today. Telling me to register on a website related to the TO. After the registration (very simple process) I had access to a page with all the info (forms to sign and send back by mail and also useful information like the programme of the first week).

Anyway, I don't know if everyone gets this info at the same time. Might depend from DG to DG. I really don't know...
KitKat

Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:22 am
chiarab wrote:Hallo!! Do you know when the official offer will come and which kind of documents we need to provide?

I'm a bit worried as in Italy it became particulary difficult to get certificates due to a recent law on self-certification...I was lucky in July as I had some certificates printed in 2011 and I could use those ones (I still have those pdf). For one course I was needed to ask for an "unofficial" certificate, but now I'm a bit worried if I need to provide new documents or translation as it will take some time in Italy.

Don't worry, you don't need any translations (you are italian right?) nor to send the diplomas again at least at this phase. Maybe they might ask us to see the originals of the diplomas at the first day.
Missy_S

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:17 am
KitKat wrote:I got my second email today. Telling me to register on a website related to the TO. After the registration (very simple process) I had access to a page with all the info (forms to sign and send back by mail and also useful information like the programme of the first week).

Anyway, I don't know if everyone gets this info at the same time. Might depend from DG to DG. I really don't know...

Hi KitKat,

Could you type here what the programme for the first week looks like? For example, which date and time does the first "event / meeting" start? Since many of us haven't received the second email yet with the official offer. Thanks!
KitKat

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:40 am
Well, if the first week is the same for everyone it will be like this:

Friday, March 1rst: free day (yep!)
Monday 4: Administrative welcome (mine is at 10:00 am, but my guess is that they don't call everyone at the same time)
Tuesday: "You may use this day to open a bank account"
Wednesday: Welcome Conference (mandatory) - "details will be given at the administrative welcome"
Thursday: Information session at our own DG

Hope it helped a bit Wink
KitKat

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:43 am
Anyway, again, I'm not sure if it is the same for everyone. For example, it could be possible that they start doing the "administrative welcome" on March 1rst. But I think this gives a general idea of how our first week will look like Smile
asdqwerty

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:54 am
In my case i have the administrative welcome on tuesday morning and on monday I am supposed to create the bank account..
Wednesday and Thursday are the same

As KitKat said probably we have been divided in groups for the administrative welcome ;-)
Missy_S

Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:38 pm
Thanks KitKat!
I was complaining to early, as I have just also received my official offer Smile
KitKat

Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:34 pm
I'm having troubles accessing the website where all the information is. First time went fine, but now I can't access it. Anyone else?
asdqwerty

Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:09 pm
I have no problem, maybe it has been just a matter of too many people connetting at the same time kit

have you solved it?
KitKat

Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:17 pm
No! Sad I am going to try to request a new password. But I'm pretty sure I am typing the right one.
KitKat

Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:53 pm
Yay!! Solved it! Documents sent. Smile
aphes2001

Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:22 pm
Sorry guys, i have a question. Are you going to pay the 12 euro for the Health insurance? If no, which proof are you attaching?
thank you
raluca

Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:28 pm
hey everybody Very Happy

I have just a quick qustion about what we have to do on our ECAS profile:

there are 3 sections:
1) (things that need to be done) by 23 January 2013, which I already did
2) by 1 March 2013
3) by 10 March 2013

My question is about 2) what does that mean? we have to arrive on the 1 March at latest to present our identity card? because I really don`t understand that, and I want to book my flight so I must know whether I have to be there on the 28 February or 1 March Smile

thanks in advance

Last edited by raluca on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
raluca

Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:29 pm
I have attached my national health insurance proof... I hope it`s enough
asdqwerty

Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:31 pm
Hi Aphes!

I am not going to paly the 12 euro if I can. In my country the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) is already part of the card the Ministry of Health give us (it act both for the national health system and the European one specifically mentioned as EHIC)

So I think I would scan the card and send it.. But I am not sure if they would accept it or if they require other document.. I have sent an e-mail to the TO to ask about it yesterday but so far nobody replied..
asdqwerty

Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:33 pm
raluca wrote:hey everybody Very Happy

I have just a quick qustion about what we have to do on our ECAS profile:

there are 3 sections:
1) (things that need to be done) by 23 January 2013, which I already did
2) by 1 March 2013
3) by 10 March 2013

My question is about 2) what does that mean? we have to arrive on the 1 March at latest to present our identity card? because I really don`t understand that, and I want to book my flight so I must know whether I have to be there on the 28 February or 1 March Smile

thanks in advance

I think point 2) is for the administrative welcome.. The 1st of march is free of activities in the program they send us, and it would be more logic in my opinion to present identiy card and health insurance in that occasion.
raluca

Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:36 pm
So, if for example, I arrive in Brussels Friday (1 March) in the afternoon or evening, it`s too late, so I should book a flight on Thursday (28 February)?
asdqwerty

Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:39 pm
If the deadline is the 1st of March (and not the date of the administrative welcome) yes, it is necessary to arrive at least the 28 February

In the other case we have all the weekend to arrive since the administrative welcome is the 4 or 5
raluca

Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:41 pm
yeah, you`re probably right Very Happy I`ll book the flight on 28 February, just in case....better safe than sorry Smile
asdqwerty

Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:44 pm
Ehehe you're totally right!

I would go by the end of february as well both mainly in order to try to find a room Smile

raluca

Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:49 pm
I was also thinking about that, but isn`t it too late to arrive for example on the 26 February and start searching for a room? I try to find it online as soon as possible so that I know that when arrive in Brussels, I have a sure place to go to... but it`s too early now, as landlords search now to rent from the beginning of February...so we have to wait a little bit till it will appear the vacant rooms from March..
asdqwerty

Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:00 pm
Yes it may too late, but I think that most apartments would be "free" by the 1st or 2nd of March due to the fact that the Eu traineeship finished by the end of February.

And I do not want to stay too much in a hotel or hostel in Brussels :-). Maybe it would be useful to set up a group to search for an house since I have seen good announcements but for apartments to share among 3 or 4 persons and not for single rooms :-(
raluca

Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:05 pm
Yes, I believe it`s better to search an apartment....I have talked with somebody on our facebook page about sharing, and some other interns shared their interest for that too...but so far we didn`t find anything yet....and I really don`t want to spend more than 400 euro, maximum 450 per month, as I would like to save money and travel on weekends Smile
KitKat

Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:25 pm
aphes2001 wrote:Sorry guys, i have a question. Are you going to pay the 12 euro for the Health insurance? If no, which proof are you attaching?
thank you

I sent a copy of the European Health Card. From what I read in threads from previous years in this forum, the european card is enough.
Missy_S

Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:53 pm
raluca wrote:I was also thinking about that, but isn`t it too late to arrive for example on the 26 February and start searching for a room? I try to find it online as soon as possible so that I know that when arrive in Brussels, I have a sure place to go to... but it`s too early now, as landlords search now to rent from the beginning of February...so we have to wait a little bit till it will appear the vacant rooms from March..

Raluca, so annoying right?
I already started looking. And I found some interesting available rooms/studios. Though the landlords did not want to rent it to me, because it is already available NOW or as off February 1st. And they don't want to keep it empty for a whole month, if I rent it from March 1st.
Come on, just one month difference..
nej

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:50 pm
this info about the EHIC card was really useful - thanks Smile
nej

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:51 pm
p.s. I had already signed the other form saying i would take the 12euro insurance, I hope they can change it. I've emailed them again to change it.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum