Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Received an offer! Who else is in?

+56
jmr
joana
shypt
Brendan2
begitis
juanvi_mj
lamazi
lauravg
laura2
Lauren
K
Kostas7
dgs
Bianca
lantana
Rufat
prato
tomaszkulawik
alice
chryse
Martita
DeeDee
marta_87
elister
MariBi
sunny88
Claudia
e8kylihe
taonancy
fexelix
paola_s
movida85
joao1984
lalla
nic85
feraye
FG85
mar
nicol
krista
anna17
SUNNY
lill
magdalenek
specterina
Gilwen
AnaK
fank
Aneena
Teebs
magd
emilian
Rima
kiromoto
Montecito08
tonita
60 posters
Go down
Claudia

Received an offer! Who else is in? - Page 4 Empty Re: Received an offer! Who else is in?

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:43 pm
congrats to all!!! Very Happy Very Happy

anyone else in DG MARKT?
magd

Received an offer! Who else is in? - Page 4 Empty Re: Received an offer! Who else is in?

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:03 pm
I am beyond confused about what a "desk" is, but I got an email today from desk 5 confirming that I have received a placement. I've also had another email from DGT. Like, guys, it's really happening!! Very Happy
sunny88

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:34 pm
Congrsats Claudia!

Which Unit of DG MARKT you are in?

greets
FG85

Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:24 pm
I'm in as well! So happy! With a different DG than I wanted but still happy to be going to Brussels!

Wouter: ook desk 8 dus gezien dit feit en je naam denk ik dat je ook Nederlands bent? :-)
MariBi

Received an offer! Who else is in? - Page 4 Empty hello dears!

Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:00 am
First of all congratulation to everyone who participated with informations about this traineeship , submit their candidatures and of course thank you to Aneena!
I'm new among you but I read this forum even since April and now I have only two questions ( for the beginning Very Happy) . Is anyone applying for DG Budget ?
Did you already find where to stay in Bxl?
Have a cool day!
elister

Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:19 am
magd wrote:I am beyond confused about what a "desk" is, but I got an email today from desk 5 confirming that I have received a placement. I've also had another email from DGT. Like, guys, it's really happening!! Very Happy

I am also confused about these desks. Can anyone explain please?

And of course, congratulations to all of you guys that got an offer! For the rest - keep on trying, next time you will make it!

marta_87

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:20 am
hey guys! congrats to all selected. Do you think they have already sent all the offers?
DeeDee

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:54 am
Oh, this waiting part it's not easy at all... You start to ask yourself if they have sent all the positive official letters yesterday and that today will be only rejections!?! I mean I bet there are more others in my situation. As far as I understood from this forum, last year all the offers (good/bad) were sent on the same day. I know... we'll have to wait and see Question
Montecito08

Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:07 pm
There will be offers today as well. I think they are doing it in alphabetically order perhaps. At least, I received mine this morning. So keep an eye on your mailbox today and tomorrow!!

Fingers crossed for everyone hoping for an offer! Tip: don't spend too much time on this forum, it will only make you nervous...
Martita

Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:24 pm
Fourth time lucky!!!

Yesterday I received an offer from DG EAC, what a surprise as I had applied already 3 times, got always preselected but never selected.

Congratulations to all selected Smile Fingers crossed for those who are still waiting for an answer
and not selected - keep trying - look at my case Smile

anna17

Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:33 pm
so nice!Congratulations!
Which Unit from EAC?
Good luck and hope for the best, if there is any chance left...Smile

Martita wrote:Fourth time lucky!!!

Yesterday I received an offer from DG EAC, what a surprise as I had applied already 3 times, got always preselected but never selected.

Congratulations to all selected Smile Fingers crossed for those who are still waiting for an answer
and not selected - keep trying - look at my case Smile

chryse

Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:33 pm
Montecito08 wrote:There will be offers today as well. I think they are doing it in alphabetically order perhaps. At least, I received mine this morning. So keep an eye on your mailbox today and tomorrow!!

Fingers crossed for everyone hoping for an offer! Tip: don't spend too much time on this forum, it will only make you nervous...

Congratulations to all that got an offer!

Montecito08 can I ask what is the first letter of your surname? Thanks!
Montecito08

Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:13 pm
My suggestion would be alphabetical order by DG... Because Agri, Ecofin, Empl etc. were the first offers to be sent out, on this forum.
alice

Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:49 pm
this waiting is killing me! more and more I am inclined to believe that no news is bad news Sad I wonder when the rejection emails will be out...to know for sure and get it out of my system...
specterina

Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:58 pm
Trade was already out so don't think it is in that alphabetical order! But I do believe we are just waiting for the negative answers! congratulations and good luck!
tomaszkulawik

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:04 pm
I also think that we should not expect any good news at the moment. Maybe next time!
prato

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:43 pm
It is safe to say at this point offers have been sent out and now it is for the chosen ones to respond.

Rejection mails on Friday for the rest of us.

It was my third and final unsuccessful attempt in this endeavour and I feel relieved that I am not eligible to try anymore.

For all the rejected ones, there are lots of other opportunities, that believe it or not, might prove more useful in your career development.

Keep the guard up Smile
Aneena
Aneena

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:52 pm
Why are you not eligible any more? The age requirements were lifted so I guess you will be always eligible, unless you do some other traineeship, right?
taonancy

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:22 pm
prato wrote:
For all the rejected ones, there are lots of other opportunities, that believe it or not, might prove more useful in your career development.

Keep the guard up Smile

thank you for your kind words. yuo are right, there are lots of other opportunities. I am sad, just because I expected too much
tonita

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:26 pm
Aneena wrote:Why are you not eligible any more? The age requirements were lifted so I guess you will be always eligible, unless you do some other traineeship, right?

Aneena, what do you mean "age requirements"?
I never met such a requirement for the EC traineeship applicants! Is there such or...?
Aneena
Aneena

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:29 pm
As I wrote, the age requirements were lifted some time ago, so I don't see a reason why somebody should cease to be eligible.
chryse

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:43 pm
I have just contacted the traineeship office to ask whether all the offers had been sent and this is what they replied:

"The DGs have finalised their recrutements and sent their lists with candidats to the Traineeship Office.

If you have been selected for a traineeship, the placement offers will be sent to all candidates via electronic messages by the end of this week.
We should then receive your acceptance form by the end of July 2011."

So, there might be still some hope! Good luck!

taonancy

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:59 pm
just received the refusal email
taonancy

Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:00 pm
Subject: Results of the selection procedure

Brussels, 6 July 2011

Dear candidate,

The Commission services and Executive Agencies have now selected their trainees. I regret to inform you that you have not been selected.

Please note that some late selection will still take place:
If a given candidate declines their offer, services will make new selections. Late selection continues until all available places are filled or the deadline has been reached. Please do not contact the Traineeship Office or the services regarding late selection. If you are selected, we will contact you.

More information is available at http://ec.europa.eu/stages/information/selection_en.htm#Infotab2.

If you are no longer available or no longer interested in being given a placement for this traineeship session:
Please inform us by e-mail, so we can remove your name from the Blue Book database.

Yours faithfully,

(Signed)
Annemarie BRUGGINK
Head of the Traineeship Office
DeeDee

Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:03 pm
Yeah, me too... Sad well, congratulations for those who got accepted.
movida85

Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:06 pm
taonancy wrote:Subject: Results of the selection procedure

Brussels, 6 July 2011

Dear candidate,

The Commission services and Executive Agencies have now selected their trainees. I regret to inform you that you have not been selected.

Please note that some late selection will still take place:
If a given candidate declines their offer, services will make new selections. Late selection continues until all available places are filled or the deadline has been reached. Please do not contact the Traineeship Office or the services regarding late selection. If you are selected, we will contact you.

More information is available at http://ec.europa.eu/stages/information/selection_en.htm#Infotab2.

If you are no longer available or no longer interested in being given a placement for this traineeship session:
Please inform us by e-mail, so we can remove your name from the Blue Book database.

Yours faithfully,

(Signed)
Annemarie BRUGGINK
Head of the Traineeship Office

Same here. I didn't expect anything different. This will be my last shot, I'm sick of it.

Congrats to all the selected ones. Good luck.
mar

Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:19 pm
How come they did not even sent me a refusal? Really find this a strange way of doing business..Sad
Rufat

Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:31 pm
got a rejection as well, can't stand emails starting with "I regret to blahblahblah". did not have much hope since i am a third-country national.

congrats to all who got selected.
fexelix

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:04 pm
guys do you think they will def. send a rejection email? I have been told that they will only contact with selected candidates.. no offer no rejection yet.
Aneena
Aneena

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:29 pm
The selection office always contacts everybody, so better give them a call and ask why you didn't get a reply - probably your e-mail got stuck in some spam filter.
Do it fast, cos if you're chosen and you don't accept by the deadline you will lose your chance for the traineeship.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum