Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
sarah

Nationality- Canadian or British? Empty Nationality- Canadian or British?

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:55 pm
Hi everyone,

I have dual nationality, of Canada and the UK. I was going to apply as a British citizen but I've been reading on this forum about how for certain nationalities the minimum score for preselection is very high. I was just wondering if maybe it would be better to apply as a Canadian? On the other hand, the traineeships rules states that only a limited number of spaces are available for non-EU citizens. Does anyone have any experience/knowledge of this?

Thanks!
Lucas
Lucas

Nationality- Canadian or British? Empty Re: Nationality- Canadian or British?

Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:42 pm
Hi there Sarah,

Can you advise, where to find those nationalities scores to be obtained for preselection?

I would appreciate.
Unfortunateli, I dont know anything about issu you've mentioned.

Cya,Lu
tomi

Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:19 am
Considering this data (https://ec-traineeship.forumotion.com/october-2009-traineeship-f1/some-numbers-for-october-2009-traineeship-t143.htm) Commission obviously prefers EU applicants over non-EU ones so I'd say you have higher chances if you apply as a UK citizen. Being from Croatia I must say I'm not too happy about that practice, but one can't do anything about it but hope for the best. Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum